Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Must say I enjoyed the game, it was a good advert for League One.

Good crowd and both sides going for the win, none of this playing for a draw pish. Nice bit of needle on the pitch too.

Both clubs too big for this division. Get Brechin and Dumbarton to f**k. 

I feel sorry for the genuine Ayr it's fan. Your club has gambled at going full-time and the hope of picking up new fans with the ambition. But.... McCall is a complete and utter f#@king twat of a guy and an embarrassing figurehead. Obviously decided to take the chance of the radio interview to moan and greet as usual. The quicker you get rid of him the better. I suggest at the end of the season though.

I feel sorry for the genuine Ayr fan. Your club has gambled at going full-time and the hope of picking up new fans with the ambition. But.... McCall is a complete and utter f#@king twat of a guy and an embarrassing figurehead. Obviously decided to take the chance of the radio interview to moan and greet as usual. The quicker you get rid of him the better. I suggest at the end of the season though.

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Dry your eyes for f**k sake. 

exactly...he maybe should have shook a few hands and gave  a wee bow to the Ayr fans, who in turn would doff their caps in appreciation of the fine fellows achievement....

We have been poor defensively all season, losing some shocking goals.  You'll have seen that first hand in our game at Kirkcaldy earlier in the season and again today?  We've also thrown points away in games we really should have buried.  Ultimately the manager has to take responsibility for that. He picks the team.

That said, if Raith had four first  team squad midfielders missing away to Ayr how do you think you would cope and do you really think you're manager wouldn't touch on it in his post match interview?

2 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

We have been poor defensively all season, losing some shocking goals.  You'll have seen that first hand in our game at Kirkcaldy earlier in the season and again today?  We've also thrown points away in games we really should have buried.  Ultimately the manager has to take responsibility for that. He picks the team.

That said, if Raith had four first  team squad midfielders missing away to Ayr how do you think you would cope and do you really think you're manager wouldn't touch on it in his post match interview?

Aw shut yer puss and stop bumpin yer gums. The players you mentioned wouldn’t get on our bench. 

5 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

Our manager hasn't mentioned injuries as an excuse, even during the three straight defeats in November.

ETA He didn't even speak about when Vaughan was kicked black and blue in the 3-0 game at Somerset Park and had to miss the following game against Peterhead in the cup.

Now I remember why I left this forum years ago. Kids looking for brownie points off each other.....grow up!

Draw a fair result. Great home support great away support. Wasn't as dirty as the number of cards suggests. Long way to go in the league and will swing both ways again still. Whoever wins will deserve it so stick your toys back in your prams 

Our manager hasn't mentioned injuries as an excuse, even during the three straight defeats in November.
ETA He didn't even speak about when Vaughan was kicked black and blue in the 3-0 game at Somerset Park and had to miss the following game against Peterhead in the cup.

Vaughan was in hiding down at Somerset so wouldn't imagine it was possible to kick him black and blue.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Christ some squad you must have then. I've seen you three times this season and you haven't impressed at all.

The games between us luckily won’t determine where the title ends up. It doesn’t matter if your impressed by us or not. 

14 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Christ some squad you must have then. I've seen you three times this season and you haven't impressed at all.

:unsure2:     Oh dear..tears, snotters, hand wringing.....where you are is to do with your TEAM MANAGER, not Raith Rovers FC,you've 4 points from the last possible 15/18(?), don't you get it?

Your form is GASH.

Stop using "injuries" as an excuse!!

Ayr are starting to look a bit silly now continuing with this injury deflection, you've lost the plot boys, sorry, you need to get back on track.

Ayr maybe had injuries today but we had John Herron playing so I'd say that evens itself out.

Can't believe this thread has descended into who's got more injuries... although McCall partly to blame for that.

For what's it's worth I thought Spence and Buchanan were superb today. Spence worked his arse his off and was almost like a box to box midfielder. His fitness when he arrived was questioned but he's been like a different player the last 2 months.

Massive game next week and then the big one away to Alloa the following week. If we can win both games then I'll maybe start to believe we can do it.

10 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

:unsure2:     Oh dear..tears, snotters, hand wringing.....where you are is to do with your TEAM MANAGER, not Raith Rovers FC,you've 4 points from the last possible 15/18(?), don't you get it?

Your form is GASH.

Not that it means anything, but the form table over the last 5 games has Ayr and Stranraer joint bottom.

56 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Who have Ayr even been missing? Saw Higgins got injured and is out for the rest of the season, and that Geggan was missing too, but other than that I don't know too many other players . If they're similar to jobbers like Adams, then you're not missing much. 

My love for Spence has reached new levels. Tbf, there's not much better than seeing players celebrating in front of opposition fans, and watching middle age men turn into frothing wrecks. Good lad, Spencey. 

Don't know if this has been responded to but Robbie Crawford is our best central midfielder, Docherty pulls the strings and Geggan gives us some bite and some midfield goals. If we had two out the three of them available today, I'd be confident of winning.

Spence tried some sort of awful banter with Ruddy today at free kicks that had absolutely no effect. Had McDaid been more clinical either finishing or finding a guy squared it was our game 

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Not that it means anything, but the form table over the last 5 games has Ayr and Stranraer joint bottom.

That is correct.

In fact I thought they had the worst form but thought they were going through enough trauma with McColl for me to tell them that!!

Yeah, guys your form is the worst in League 1. Suck it up.!! 

Archived