Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

Ayr trying to kick their way to the title. Last resort of a shite manager. 

Couldn't understand the Ayr supporters singing Adams name. He did nothing but foul his way through the game and could easily have put them in trouble by being sent off. Absolute haddie. 

Not much between the two sides as expected. Our two games in hand are huge. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Couldn't understand the Ayr supporters singing Adams name. He did nothing but foul his way through the game and could easily have put them in trouble by being sent off. Absolute haddie. 

I hadn't heard of the guy until earlier this season, but he seems to be nothing more than an average hatchet man. As I said, I'm surprised he managed to stay on the park. He was never going to last the full 90 as soon as he pulled back Vaughan for that booking early on. 

Cracking home support today though. 2500 Rovers fans which is good to see. Shame we can't reach towards that level week on week. 

On the balance of play probably a fair result. Probably would of given MOM to Matthews tho.

Herron actually did a decent job out wide but as mentioned you seen the difference when Barr came on (shows what can happen when he can be arsed). Adams was taken off before he was sent off. Got a last warning from the ref then proceeded to foul someone 2 mins later.

Still we need to take advantage of the games in hand. Get the points next week and puts us I a very good position

I'm quite happy with a point from this game. Going into it with a weakened side on the back of some iffy results, to prevent Raith pulling further away was important. Their two games in hand will be interesting. Fair play if they go on to win both and build up a lead.

But there's still a long way to go and we've got some big players to come back. Now we appear to have less of a bombscare goalkeeper I'm quietly confident we can push Raith all the way. Game on.

I thought we deserved the lead based on the first half but in the end I reckon a draw was probably about right.

In the second half raith dominated the middle of the park and started to really apply the pressure - but I thought ayr ended the match stronger.

The decision for the free kick was the right decision but the ref took an age to give it. I thought paddy had got away with it.

Big Jamie Adams had some game, and McCall made the right call taking him off.

Can't wait to see the stramash in the highlights. That was fucking mental.

Fair play to both sets of fans as 3000+ is a very good crowd at this level (and at this time of year).

All in all I'll take the hard-earned point.

Disagree with this ...Barr has been out injured and isnt match fit .
Herron out wide doesnt work due to having  no pace.
Barr changed the game when he came on an won the freekick for the goal.
Ayr needed to win this and never...simple.
COYR

Barr loses the ball so many times in a game and he offers nothing defensively. But I hope he has a good run-in to the end of the season. If he could just stop abusing Wee ball boys (verbally) then he would win me over again.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Raith fans taking it well dropping their first home points of the season

Yeah, it's a worry, that's 2 points we have dropped from the last 15 available. Meanwhile Ayr have accumulated a grand total of 4 from their last 15....hmmmmmmm

Ayr had six(6) yellows to our One (1) and committed 15 fouls to our 8 
They were lucky to finish with 11 on the field, and Knobby questions our professionalism!!

Both sets of players were throwing themselves around a fair bit.

The ref seemed to be falling for it though.

And as much as ayr players committed more fouls, the surrounding of the ref by the rovers players to get Adams sent off was pretty poor form.

35 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Y u mad tho?

Both sets of players were throwing themselves around a fair bit.

The ref seemed to be falling for it though.

And as much as ayr players committed more fouls, the surrounding of the ref by the rovers players to get Adams sent off was pretty poor form.

Poor form? What about yon Ayr player dragging Murray to the ground during the stramash in the goal mouth at that free kick then rolling about holding his face trying to get Murray sent off?

36 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Adams is yer maw and yer da! Yaaaassss

Archived