Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

My gut feeling based on results thus far is that head to head Ayr will beat us more often than not, but we are less likely to lose the daft points. We've ticked away in the background all season without ever being great.

Long way to go, but happy with the result.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My gut feeling based on results thus far is that head to head Ayr will beat us more often than not, but we are less likely to lose the daft points. We've ticked away in the background all season without ever being great.

Just on way back to Dunfermline for a few pints as staying there tonight - enjoyed the Harbour Bar and Betty Nicols in Kirkcaldy earlier.

Game wise, i'd have taken a point pre game but gutted at the draw now. Thought we did enough to win. Great goal from Shankland.

Agree totally with the quote above - i'll probably get shot down but I think we are a better team than Raith. As someone else said, a shadow of the team that has Crawford, Geggan and Docherty in it but still looked better today. However - we didn't do it against Forfar or Arbroath at home recently and lost both games - Raith won't do that.

League isn't over yet but it's definitely advantage Raith now.

The draw is better than a defeat but I was hoping for a win. We missed Zanatta. Neither Herron or Barr did enough to replace him.

Still, top of the league and the biggest crowd of the season in Starks.

Game of two halves. Ayr first half, Rovers second. Referee was a knob.

Just your usual Scottish lower league affair really.

No idea how we actually scored so if any Ayr fans could enlighten me, that would be great...

Actually thought we had the better chances and should have won. We coped fine against the greatest Ayr team in decades by all accounts. It’s another game out the road and a big one at that. Remaining top was important and we’ve achieved that. Oh, and still unbeaten at home :)

That is the smartest thing I've heard on this thread by a Raith fan

25 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The draw is better than a defeat but I was hoping for a win. We missed Zanatta. Neither Herron or Barr did enough to replace him.

Still, top of the league and the biggest crowd of the season in Starks.

Disagree with this ...Barr has been out injured and isnt match fit .

Herron out wide doesnt work due to having  no pace.

Barr changed the game when he came on an won the freekick for the goal.

Ayr needed to win this and never...simple.

COYR

2 minutes ago, rover1985 said:

COYR

Totally agree with this. Barr made a huge difference when he came on for  Herron(Who?)

BTW, Knobby McColl is a total pain, heard him on radio, it seems Ayr United are the only club with injuries;  he will however have the Ayr first team out next time we meet!! 

We haven't had our "first team" since October!!

5 minutes ago, rover1985 said:

COYR

Thats a stupid statement. both teams needed the three points. Our games in hand are not a forgone conclusion, far from it. we could quite possibly only get 2 points from both games or even only one. this league isnt won yet and it will be quite some time before it is. over confidence is the biggest killer of them all, so calm it down and take each game as it comes.

Mr McCall on the radio 'next time we play Raith down at Somerset we will have our full first team out'.  We have been playing for the last 3 months and more with a side that has been depleted with injuries but at no time has our manager come out with that sh..te excuse.  What a clown:rolleyes:

We've had key players out since September, and have learned to cope with it. Mccall feeling the pressure?

Considering he sent his players out to kick us off the park, to question another teams professionalism is really bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Thats a stupid statement. both teams needed the three points. Our games in hand are not a forgone conclusion, far from it. we could quite possibly only get 2 points from both games or even only one. this league isnt won yet and it will be quite some time before it is. over confidence is the biggest killer of them all, so calm it down and take each game as it comes.

How is it stupid statement ? Ayr need to close the gap on rovers ...so suits rovers more than ayr.... who are still top of the league with two games in hand.

Are you daft?

21 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Better side maybe pushing it - after last week I expected a lot less from us so possibly getting carried away.

Tight match towards the end that could probably have gone either way i think.

Archived