Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Any idea if under 12s still get in free to this game?

There was a link on the official website site but the article has been removed.

Nothing that I can see on the Facebook page either.

Surely the club wouldn't pull the offer on the basis that they are expecting a big crowd on Saturday?

New Picture (5).bmp

Definitely free for u12s if accompanied by an adult. There was an email sent out by the club  today which mentioned it.

Any idea if under 12s still get in free to this game?
There was a link on the official website site but the article has been removed.
Nothing that I can see on the Facebook page either.
Surely the club wouldn't pull the offer on the basis that they are expecting a big crowd on Saturday?

New Picture (5).bmp

Link on the website is being relaunched tomorrow at 10am, as well as on official social media channels.

And yes, 1 u12 gets in free with a full
paying adult :-)

This will be the first game I've made in a good few weeks so looking forward to it.

Never been to Starks before, can you park in the Morrisons near the stadium or does it have those cameras with the 2 hour limits on it? If not, where else is close by to park?

On 07/01/2018 at 14:08, Pride of Fife said:

I would expect around 2000-2200 home support, maybe a touch more and Ayr to bring around 500-600.

You're having a laugh.

1 hour ago, ShortSideCity said:

This will be the first game I've made in a good few weeks so looking forward to it.

Never been to Starks before, can you park in the Morrisons near the stadium or does it have those cameras with the 2 hour limits on it? If not, where else is close by to park?

The Beveridge Park is probably the best place for away fans to park

39 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Less than that? Surely not.

Ayr fans constantly talk about the fact that they travel in numbers so surely you can muster up between 500-600 fans for a top of the table clash when it’s so close in the league?

How many did you muster at Somerset?

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

How many did you muster at Somerset?

Same you did for a midweek encounter at Starks last season was it not?

I don't think either team is in a position to play fickle away support top trumps. 

So this game is weirdly paralleling the one in September.

Ayr coming off the back of a defeat to Arbroath at home, having picked up a couple of high profile injuries

Rovers still working through their own injuries and losing a guaranteed starting midfielder to Hearts.

FWIW I don't think Ayr fans should be so downcast, they still have quantitatively the best strike force in the division, we've been winning games consistently but not steamrollering sides. We don't always react well to being a goal down for more than short periods of games, either.

So this game is weirdly paralleling the one in September.

Ayr coming off the back of a defeat to Arbroath at home, having picked up a couple of high profile injuries

Rovers still working through their own injuries and losing a guaranteed starting midfielder to Hearts.

FWIW I don't think Ayr fans should be so downcast, they still have quantitatively the best strike force in the division, we've been winning games consistently but not steamrollering sides. We don't always react well to being a goal down for more than short periods of games, either.

Yeah i agree with this. While Raith are clearly favourites, and if i'm honest i'd take a point just now - I don't think it's as big a certainty as folk are saying.

IF Rose makes it (and ive heard conflicting reports) then at least we should start with a proper (albeit not first choice or on form) back 4, with 2 physical defensive centre mids in front of them. Then 4 from the 5 of Moff, Shankland, Forrest, McDaid and Moore which should still be able to cause problems.

I assume Raith will come at us and commit men forward which might suit us as well as it leaves a bit of space to exploit, especially as we are likely to be playing longer balls again.

Actually looking forward to it, although my first visit to the pubs in Kirkcaldy beforehand probably has a lot to do with that

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Yeah i agree with this. While Raith are clearly favourites, and if i'm honest i'd take a point just now - I don't think it's as big a certainty as folk are saying.

IF Rose makes it (and ive heard conflicting reports) then at least we should start with a proper (albeit not first choice or on form) back 4, with 2 physical defensive centre mids in front of them. Then 4 from the 5 of Moff, Shankland, Forrest, McDaid and Moore which should still be able to cause problems.

I assume Raith will come at us and commit men forward which might suit us as well as it leaves a bit of space to exploit, especially as we are likely to be playing longer balls again.

Actually looking forward to it, although my first visit to the pubs in Kirkcaldy beforehand probably has a lot to do with that

Probably not, to be fair. I'd reckon most teams even in this league are the equal if not better than us in terms of possession.  We tend to use the ball quickly in short bursts, rather than a lot of moving the ball about in midfield with a high line at the back, our defence sits reasonably deep. We're a far better counter attack team than anything else we do.

Anybody thinking that we're going to roll Ayr over easily on Saturday is either buzzing oot their heid on class A drugs or new to the Rovers. 

This'll likely be as hard a game as we'll have all season with Ayr determined not to let us open up a four point gap with two games in hand. Injury depleted or not, they're still able to put a decent first 11 on the pitch. 

Obviously I hope we win but I wouldn't leave the ground gutted with a draw. 

44 minutes ago, renton said:

Probably not, to be fair. I'd reckon most teams even in this league are the equal if not better than us in terms of possession.  We tend to use the ball quickly in short bursts, rather than a lot of moving the ball about in midfield with a high line at the back, our defence sits reasonably deep. We're a far better counter attack team than anything else we do.

Aye coming out at Ayr would be ludicrous given their attack. I think we will sit and make Ayr come at us - a win being more important for them. And then we will try and hit on the break. 

Archived