Stenhousemuir v Peterhead

The last 5 meetings have resulted in wins for Stenhousemuir so surely we must be due a win. I would take a draw just to break their winning sequence. If we play like we did against Montrose I am confident of a positive result.

Stenny beginning to perform at a good level now. Still inclined to a wee defensive error but scoring a few at other end as well. Saturday should be a cracker . A win for the Warriors will throw the title race wide open .Fingers crossed .C`mon the Warriors .

The referee was a fucking disaster. Gave a penalty for hee haw and although the game was probably beyond us watched as Rory blatantly pushed our defender with two hands leading to the 4th goal. We played well in the first half and it was robbery we went in level at the break but second half we did not turn up and stopped playing our football and resorted to the mind numbing long ball.

As I said from the beginning Peterhead will piss the league. They aren't particularly pretty on the eye but have quality in the areas that matter.

Guest TOPFITTER
The referee was a fucking disaster. Gave a penalty for hee haw and although the game was probably beyond us watched as Rory blatantly pushed our defender with two hands leading to the 4th goal. We played well in the first half and it was robbery we went in level at the break but second half we did not turn up and stopped playing our football and resorted to the mind numbing long ball.
As I said from the beginning Peterhead will piss the league. They aren't particularly pretty on the eye but have quality in the areas that matter.

Stopped leaking goals and started scoring them in bucket loads if that’s effective rather than pretty so be it, can we have more efficiency for the rest of the season please ?
[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Went along as a neutral, thought it was an okay game but up there with the coldest I have ever been at the football, took me until Glasgow in the car to defrost! The 4th goal should never have stood, agreed.

Thought Stennie were good in the first half, definitely the better side. Unsure having not seen the penalty incident back, but feel it must have been quite blatant climbing/holding the striker down from the centre half to be given. Second half Peterhead were a different side. Efficient is definitely the right word to use. Felt the ref got a very hard time as a neutral, after the penalty shout the home fans had it in for him, didn't think he did that much wrong overall to be honest.

Game aside, can anyone tell me why the stand is the Norway stand and has the flags on it? First time at Ochilview, think I will be back even if just for the soup out of the pie stall, fantastic.

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

Game aside, can anyone tell me why the stand is the Norway stand and has the flags on it? 

In the 80s, a group of mental Norwegians came to Scotland and picked Stenny for a game to go to. They somehow enjoyed it so much they came back a few times, and became minor celebrities at the club. 

Doesn't really get much more interesting than that. 

19 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

In the 80s, a group of mental Norwegians came to Scotland and picked Stenny for a game to go to. They somehow enjoyed it so much they came back a few times, and became minor celebrities at the club. 

Doesn't really get much more interesting than that. 

It must have been in the days before the twat in the red jacket seemed to make it his mission to continually get on to folk for little or no reason, presume he was meant to be the chief steward but was maybe just a greeting faced sod. Having been there quite a few times the stewarding always seems to spoil the day a bit & this is without there being any real trouble.

Stenny just need to concentrate on play off position now and beat teams below them consistently .The best we can hope for is second or third if we can shore up the defence . Thought the ref on Saturday was shocking and gave Peterhead more than their fair share of dubious decisions . Still , they put away their chances so onwards and upwards . C`mon the Warriors .

Archived