Brechin v Greenock Morton

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I see the orcs from Greenock were out in force again. The minute I walked into the Glebe and down the hedge side I witnessed a group of thugs ganging up and manhandling a steward who must have had the audacity to try and chuck some of these clowns out for their behaviour. He was hit by a pie but thankfully the guy who tried spitting on him hit the hedge instead...

Good to see the Polis eventually turn up at second half and catch some of the culprits. Wonder how many arrests there were?

Every other away support can manage to behave and in far bigger numbers too.

^^^ Deluded arsehole.

I was about 20m from the incident when it happened (I'm assuming you weren't) and actually saw what happened. Where exactly were you positioned and what did you "actually" see..hrm? Genuinely interested in your opinion. 

31 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Well should ve utilised subs sooner ???

he lost a sub early on when Spark had to go off of course. I agree the whole team looked tired and to be fair he could have taken off almost any of the midfield/attack for fresh legs after an hour. Jacko, for all he played well, was understandably knackered and should have been off sooner which might have allowed Isaac to settle into the game a bit better when he came on - he was a bit back to the head down version we saw too much of earlier in the season.

The centre of midfield went missing in the last half hour. Sinclair came off but could quite easily have been Tapping or Dale, both of whom faded after decent first halves

McClean had a good game. City gave the ball away cheaply far too often on the rare occasions we got upfield in the second - i love Finn graham but someone should tell him that just cos he's playing on the left side of midfield, that doesn't make him Pat Nevin. He's not going to run big fast defenders too often and we needed to pick out our guys better

as someone has said, we've played better and lost at home this year -Morton had a lot of joy down their L in the 2nd half, missed a bag of chances and will be wondering how they didn't win. But it was good to see us set up to attack a bit more. Hopefully with a week's rest we can get that first win next weekend. 

Not close enough to see any aggro - for me the big controversy was that pies had run out ten mins before half time

6 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

I see the orcs from Greenock were out in force again. The minute I walked into the Glebe and down the hedge side I witnessed a group of thugs ganging up and manhandling a steward who must have had the audacity to try and chuck some of these clowns out for their behaviour. He was hit by a pie but thankfully the guy who tried spitting on him hit the hedge instead...

Good to see the Polis eventually turn up at second half and catch some of the culprits. Wonder how many arrests there were?

Every other away support can manage to behave and in far bigger numbers too.

Tragic. If you were so concerned why didn't you go to the aid of the steward?

7 hours ago, centralTon said:

^^^ Deluded arsehole.

I was about 20m from the incident when it happened (I'm assuming you weren't) and actually saw what happened. Where exactly were you positioned and what did you "actually" see..hrm? Genuinely interested in your opinion. 

So centralTON what is you report on the facts you omitted to tell us above

Didn't see what happened but the police don't arrest people for nothing. On to the game we were lucky not to loose that Morton a few good chances to get the winner. Herd a few people grumbling about buzz and how many mistakes he is making maybe it's time paddy got his chance can't see him being dropped though. With falkirk hammering United yesterday we have now drifted further adrift maybe it's time to accept our fate and just hope we at least win a game this season

Maybe if the Big lad had co operated with the stewards it might have passed more quickly and without fuss .But once the pies and hot drinks started getting thrown at them they had to act . Pulling a females hair s not clever either for whatever reason . No wonder she was forced into biting the person..
Saying that I have noticed before our stewards are heavy handed .

Maybe if the Big lad had co operated with the stewards it might have passed more quickly and without fuss .But once the pies and hot drinks started getting thrown at them they had to act . Pulling a females hair s not clever either for whatever reason . No wonder she was forced into biting the person..
Saying that I have noticed before our stewards are heavy handed .

Pulling hair and biting? [emoji23]

he lost a sub early on when Spark had to go off of course. I agree the whole team looked tired and to be fair he could have taken off almost any of the midfield/attack for fresh legs after an hour. Jacko, for all he played well, was understandably knackered and should have been off sooner which might have allowed Isaac to settle into the game a bit better when he came on - he was a bit back to the head down version we saw too much of earlier in the season.
The centre of midfield went missing in the last half hour. Sinclair came off but could quite easily have been Tapping or Dale, both of whom faded after decent first halves
McClean had a good game. City gave the ball away cheaply far too often on the rare occasions we got upfield in the second - i love Finn graham but someone should tell him that just cos he's playing on the left side of midfield, that doesn't make him Pat Nevin. He's not going to run big fast defenders too often and we needed to pick out our guys better
as someone has said, we've played better and lost at home this year -Morton had a lot of joy down their L in the 2nd half, missed a bag of chances and will be wondering how they didn't win. But it was good to see us set up to attack a bit more. Hopefully with a week's rest we can get that first win next weekend. 
Not close enough to see any aggro - for me the big controversy was that pies had run out ten mins before half time

To be fair on Finn he’s a center mid but I’m glad he can play the wing as we don’t have anyone else, your right though he could do things better. If we can see the left side was getting a pounding then why can’t Dods and co not do something about it . No wonder Aron got man of the match he had to and did work his socks off [emoji106].i think the recent games have taken there toll.well done lads top full time teams struggle with the amount of fixtures we’ve had.we needed a wee bit luck and got it,well deservedly so.well done lads

41 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Didn't see what happened but the police don't arrest people for nothing. On to the game we were lucky not to loose that Morton a few good chances to get the winner. Herd a few people grumbling about buzz and how many mistakes he is making maybe it's time paddy got his chance can't see him being dropped though. With falkirk hammering United yesterday we have now drifted further adrift maybe it's time to accept our fate and just hope we at least win a game this season

The win will come .  As for Buzz , I think it is maybe time to either sign another experienced keeper to give him a bit of competition or give Paddy his chance for the rest of the season to see if he has what it takes for next season. 

The win will come .  As for Buzz , I think it is maybe time to either sign another experienced keeper to give him a bit of competition or give Paddy his chance for the rest of the season to see if he has what it takes for next season. 
That could be the answer. Just think paddy has been patient and he should be given his chance he's been pretty decent the few times I've seen him

Archived