Brechin v Greenock Morton

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Maybe if the Big lad had co operated with the stewards it might have passed more quickly and without fuss .But once the pies and hot drinks started getting thrown at them they had to act . Pulling a females hair s not clever either for whatever reason . No wonder she was forced into biting the person..
Saying that I have noticed before our stewards are heavy handed .

Fucking hell. Sounds like a scrap in a weans nursery :lol:

Indeed. However, no steward should be biting anyone, that's just ridiculously unprofessional. Granted that having your hair pulled by a fan is completely unacceptable in the first place, but biting in retaliation is awful in a situation that doesn't sound particularly life threatening. Pretty embarrassing stuff from both sides here imo.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Basically, Morton fans are the last lot that should be bringing up the subject of rightful places. If we followed your example then we'd be up against Fort William next week.

A handy team to face if you've haven't won a game yet.

This ll get blown out of proportion . Morton fans beside us just said basically said Usual Suspects .. No surprise. But yes not for first time this season our stewards seem OTT .But at same time everyone dived in so it created a scuffle. Faults on both sides.

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Indeed. However, no steward should be biting anyone, that's just ridiculously unprofessional. Granted that having your hair pulled by a fan is completely unacceptable in the first place, but biting in retaliation is awful in a situation that doesn't sound particularly life threatening. Pretty embarrassing stuff from both sides here imo.

"Unprofessional" wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe taking a bite out of someone. Absolutely vulgar and not without potential health implications. I never saw anyone pulling her hair, but certainly saw the bite mark on the boy's hand and she openly admitted to having done it. I'd hope that charges are brought against her, but suspect that won't be the case.

Was quite interested to hear the reactions of the locals in the pub on our return who seemed to think this is a recurring theme at Glebe Park. Didn't the Inverness fans have problems there at the start of the season? I remember them being hung out to dry for their alleged behaviour, maybe poor stewarding is an issue that Brechin need to be addressing? 

Perhaps the Morton fans have got a bit of a reputation, but it would be remiss of us not to point out that the stewards at Brechin certainly don't appear to be angels, and I've never regarded Inverness's fans to be like Millwall or Galatasaray.

It's very easy to brand football fans as the problem and blame drink etc. but I saw nothing to condone the behaviour of Brechin's stewards yesterday.

I think the first guy that was taken away was mistaken identity so he got chucked out and jailed for no reason hence why people round about were angry. I wouldn't like to hand over my £15 to get assaulted and chucked right back out for absolutely nothing. The stewards should have gone to the police in the first place instead of acting like the police themselves. Their manhandling of people was not on. 

The game was just wasteful from Morton. The tactic of getting Tiffoney to the byeline and cutting the ball back in didn't work the first 20 times so I don't understand why they kept trying it instead of thinking up something else. 

Was quite interested to hear the reactions of the locals in the pub on our return who seemed to think this is a recurring theme at Glebe Park. Didn't the Inverness fans have problems there at the start of the season? I remember them being hung out to dry for their alleged behaviour, maybe poor stewarding is an issue that Brechin need to be addressing? 
Perhaps the Morton fans have got a bit of a reputation, but it would be remiss of us not to point out that the stewards at Brechin certainly don't appear to be angels, and I've never regarded Inverness's fans to be like Millwall or Galatasaray.

It's not a recurring theme in the slightest. A group of younger Inverness fans let off a pyro on two occasions which as you will know is illegal at a football ground. It was only once the culprits were identified and ejected by stewards that it all started to get a bit unsavoury as they didn't leave the ground without a fight.

19 minutes ago, Toby said:

"Unprofessional" wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe taking a bite out of someone. Absolutely vulgar and not without potential health implications. I never saw anyone pulling her hair, but certainly saw the bite mark on the boy's hand and she openly admitted to having done it. I'd hope that charges are brought against her, but suspect that won't be the case.

It's very easy to brand football fans as the problem and blame drink etc. but I saw nothing to condone the behaviour of Brechin's stewards yesterday.

In the case of the Inverness lot, it was a bunch of youths who had latched on to Cally and started trying to act like a northern green brigade.  They have since been banned by Cally for their unacceptable behaviour .

What started it off down here with them was some of them started jumping on seats and damaging them.  The stewards started just picking them out one by one. 

Edit .... Ah yes the pyro didn't help matters. 

18 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I think the first guy that was taken away was mistaken identity so he got chucked out and jailed for no reason hence why people round about were angry. I wouldn't like to hand over my £15 to get assaulted and chucked right back out for absolutely nothing. The stewards should have gone to the police in the first place instead of acting like the police themselves. Their manhandling of people was not on. 

The game was just wasteful from Morton. The tactic of getting Tiffoney to the byeline and cutting the ball back in didn't work the first 20 times so I don't understand why they kept trying it instead of thinking up something else. 

Mistaken identity ?  Then I assume something happened  to warrant someone being thrown out and jailed ?  

I also assume that whoever was the guilty party never owned up , hence the scuffle .  

6 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

It's not a recurring theme in the slightest. A group of younger Inverness fans let off a pyro on two occasions which as you will know is illegal at a football ground. It was only once the culprits were identified and ejected by stewards that it all started to get a bit unsavoury as they didn't leave the ground without a fight.

Not being a regular visitor to Glebe Park, I can only go with what I'm told about other incidents involving them, but I'm merely stating what I've been told. I understand that you won't want to see your club criticised so will do what you can to defend them (see the Morton v St. Mirren thread, our fans do the same defending the condition of Cappielow) but I prefer to listen to he opinions of those who don't have a vested interest that are more informed than myself.

The guys and staff in the pub didn't mention that Inverness game, but being close to the ground they're probably quite familiar with folk coming in and complaining about mistreatment. Then again though, if you define taking a bite out of someone as "unprofessional" rather than absolutely repulsive I'm inclined to take your opinion on their regular behaviour with a pinch of salt.

I’d imagine Dunfermline take a substantially bigger support to Brechin than Morton and we’ve never encountered any problems. 

The Morton support have a bit of a reputation for being the new Airdrie these days so it’s not particularly surprising that trouble appears to follow them everywhere. 

I think you'll find the 6ft monkey had the 4'10" female in a head lock. She probably did what comes naturally.
What would you have done?

15 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

I see the orcs from Greenock were out in force again. The minute I walked into the Glebe and down the hedge side I witnessed a group of thugs ganging up and manhandling a steward who must have had the audacity to try and chuck some of these clowns out for their behaviour. He was hit by a pie but thankfully the guy who tried spitting on him hit the hedge instead...

Good to see the Polis eventually turn up at second half and catch some of the culprits. Wonder how many arrests there were?

Every other away support can manage to behave and in far bigger numbers too.

14 hours ago, swiftyswifty swifty said:

There was more fight by the hedge as the teams came out than there was on the pitch for 90 minutes. 

At least the pie that was delivered to the stewards face will have warmed him up a bit - I'm still frozen to the marrow. 

6 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Maybe if the Big lad had co operated with the stewards it might have passed more quickly and without fuss .But once the pies and hot drinks started getting thrown at them they had to act . Pulling a females hair s not clever either for whatever reason . No wonder she was forced into biting the person..
Saying that I have noticed before our stewards are heavy handed .

5 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye the feisty wee female Stewart was getting her hair pulled so she bit the guy .

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

So what exactly did happen then? Because from what I saw it looked like a group had ganged up on the steward before a pie was thrown at him and also someone spat him also which is quite frankly disgusting. Regardless of whether they thought it was unfair that someone (or more) was being ejected that is unacceptable behaviour.

Our stewards don't go out their way for things to do or cause problems - if anything they avoid the trouble and if something ever kicks off at the Glebe it takes ages for it to be dealt with.

10 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:

I think you'll find the 6ft monkey had the 4'10" female in a head lock. She probably did what comes naturally.

Morton class.

43 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:

Not a particularly ideal situation to be in, but I can only imagine that training protocol would be to shout for aid and await assistance from your colleagues, who should be with you.  You do not assault somebody whilst in a position of authority, as if you were in a primary school scrap at Maisondieu around the corner. 

As was highlighted earlier, this sort of behaviour can have serious health implications and personally, I'd be taking this further had it happened to me.  Then again, I've never been stupid enough to put a steward in a headlock and grassing her up would also be handing yourself in, so doubt further action will be happening any time soon.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Mistaken identity ?  Then I assume something happened  to warrant someone being thrown out and jailed ?  I also assume that whoever was the guilty party never owned up , hence the scuffle .  

Imagine letting one of your own (or anyone for that matter) take the fall for your juvenile actions as you just watch on like an absolute coward.  Classy Morton, classy.

Not being a regular visitor to Glebe Park, I can only go with what I'm told about other incidents involving them, but I'm merely stating what I've been told. I understand that you won't want to see your club criticised so will do what you can to defend them (see the Morton v St. Mirren thread, our fans do the same defending the condition of Cappielow) but I prefer to listen to he opinions of those who don't have a vested interest that are more informed than myself.
The guys and staff in the pub didn't mention that Inverness game, but being close to the ground they're probably quite familiar with folk coming in and complaining about mistreatment. Then again though, if you define taking a bite out of someone as "unprofessional" rather than absolutely repulsive I'm inclined to take your opinion on their regular behaviour with a pinch of salt.

I didn't comment on the biting incident. I too think it's disgusting but something must have happened for her to resort to that.

Like I said I saw someone aiming a spit at one of the stewards which missed and hit the hedge. If that had hit me I'd have lost it with them and perhaps why they started getting "heavy handed" with the supporters.

4 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I didn't comment on the biting incident. I too think it's disgusting but something must have happened for her to resort to that.

Like I said I saw someone aiming a spit at one of the stewards which missed and hit the hedge. If that had hit me I'd have lost it with them and perhaps why they started getting "heavy handed" with the supporters.

I've mistaken you for Hedgecutter, who now appears to have changed his/her tune about the biting incident. Maybe she's just a cretin?

Wonder what head steward Boathy makes of it all [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].As usual takes cover in farthest corner of the ground . In the 20 or so years he's been head steward I ve yet to see him in any minor incident / scuffle

Archived