News That Passed You By...

Only by reading the joke thread have I realised that Keith Chegwin has kicked the bucket, basically because I was away on holiday at the time and wouldn't have known without the treasure-trove of knowledge that is P&B.

The burning questions: Which stories did you miss that took you by surprise a good while later?

Alternatively, who have you incorrectly thought was either dead or still alive?

Personally and for whatever reason, I thought Stevie Wonder had died years ago until I saw his name mentioned fairly recently. However, I remembered that I've encountered people who thought that Elvis is just retired at home / Hitler is serving life in maximum security military jail (extensive public transport is superb for overheard conversations btw), so I don't feel particularly bad about it in comparison.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Alternatively, who have you incorrectly thought was either dead or still alive?

We were at a church function the other week and after the service we were having tea and sandwiches etc in the hall, and this chap was sitting next to my wife and said "Am I glad to see you, I thought you were dead".

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can they?

Are you sure about that?

I didn't know Cynthia Lennon, ex-wife of John, and mother of Julian died in 2015.

Where the f*ck you been?

26 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I took a 3 week sickie from school when I was about 9, and as a result, have never learned how to do long division. 

I heard they've abolished long division anyway so you're not missing out.

Had an argument  a while back with the missus. I said my mum still had a dog, she said the dog had died years ago. Turns out the missus was of course right. 

Also, totally missed  Scottish Championship fixtures over the festive period. Was adamant we'd been in 3rd place then by the time we played Falkirk we were 4th. Presume either some other teams played or someone is at it and taking advantage of us whilst drunk. 

Archived