Shock Signings?

Shannon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

Money talks. The big T are desperate to get Promotion this season and by splashing the cash it’s bound to happen eh?

How on earth is that going to happen. Out if 16 League matches, Tranent has already lost 9. The top 4 teams have lost 8 matches between them!

No way will fortunes change that much in the remainder of the season!

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Think we would have struggled to top that one. Still need another 1 or 2 players aswell though.

What puzzles me, is that if Tranent go ahead and sign 1 or 2 players, surely the time to invest in your team was at the start of the season for the previous management team. After winning the 2 cups last year, with that momentum, and new signings, perhaps Tranent would have been in with a chance of promotion, rather than just now where you are just above the relegation positions.

2 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

What puzzles me, is that if Tranent go ahead and sign 1 or 2 players, surely the time to invest in your team was at the start of the season for the previous management team. After winning the 2 cups last year, with that momentum, and new signings, perhaps Tranent would have been in with a chance of promotion, rather than just now where you are just above the relegation positions.

I couldn't agree more, they just baffle me

Tranent did invest in a few players. 2 from penicuick. 2 from Whitburn and 1 from haddington. The management team also quite rightly stuck with the guys that won them the cups but it just hasn’t clicked this season. 3 of the 5 new players have left. We need players in now. We’re no just standing still waiting for next season. Nothing wrong with that.

Devlin will get you goals and a very good signing but going by the goals conceded he needs to get a some defenders in but it's difficult when new players leave not long after signing , I personally think Devlin is a better signing than Black imo.

Tranent don't play football like LTHV who are a very good passing team and keep lots of possession, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

How on earth is that going to happen. Out if 16 League matches, Tranent has already lost 9. The top 4 teams have lost 8 matches between them!
No way will fortunes change that much in the remainder of the season!

Try telling that to the Big T chairman. Money is no object, the players want for nothing.......well maybe another 20 points [emoji23]

Try telling that to the Big T chairman. Money is no object, the players want for nothing.......well maybe another 20 points [emoji23]

Won a league and 2 cups in the last 2 years. Managers getting the backing to sign top players. The leagues a right of this year but still got both cups to defend. Not all doom in gloom in the big T

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/01/2018 at 20:35, JOS said:

Top 5 in the East and probably the biggest supported. Proved that last year at both finals, 2 to 1 Bonnyrigg fans who are arguably the biggest east junior club at the minute. 

Still keep on thinking about this statement and why the need to say it in the first place. Forums such as this is all about opinions but when comments like that one raise so many eyebrows, sometimes they come back to bite you.

Top 5 in the East?

Last 3 League matches against East Lothian teams, Haddington, Dunbar and Musselburgh; plus the 2 teams in near neighbouring Midlothian; Dalkeith and Arniston have resulted in 5 losses!

Of the last 6 League games, Tranent have had 5 losses!

In 18 League matches, Tranent have won 5 matches!

Currently in the Premier League, Tranent are 5th bottom!

Five stats using the number 5 - 1 from you and 4 from me! Given the current position Tranent find themselves in, which of the 5 do you think is the most relevant.

I generally want all of my local teams do well, but your post on 5 Jan riled me!

Archived