Shock Signings?

Shannon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JOS said:

Sugar Daddy!! I like that.

Not just down to one man. There’s about 4 committee that dig deep to give the gaffer the tools to sign players.

Its all about opinions but people saying Tranent aren’t a big club!! Just check the history books not just the past decade when we have been a small club. 

Stick in chaps, hopefully see you in the SL in the next 10 years. 

That's some ego trip yer on son, better keep some cash for yersel.  I don't remember Tranent winning the league or Junior Cup recently, maybe I missed it.

Just seen on Twitter Ian Black ex Hearts, Rangers etc signing for Tranent tonight.

What are the shock / surprising ex seniors / internationalists that have went Junior?

Kevin Thomson has recently played Junior football, was that also with Tranent?!

For Meadow we have had Keigan Parker as a bit of a shock signing although didn't work out for him at Meadow but done okay at Shettleston after us.

Had a few over the years at Bo’ness. We had John Sludden and Danny Crainey years back in the 90’s. Albeit their best years were behind them but you could see they were still a step ahead in terms of their football brain.

In more recent years we’ve had Will Snowden, Steven Hislop and Pedro Moutinho. Snowden is still with us ten years later and joined when he was still young enough and good enough to be playing at a higher level.

Hislop was a great success and was loved by the B.U support. Scored a lot of goals and despite his best years being behind him, could arguably have played another year or so at a higher level when he joined us.

Pedro Moutinho didn’t really convince and struggled in the juniors, though had a couple of good games but only played a dozen games or so.

There’s probably a few more players I’ve forgotten but just a few examples.

Carrots is comfortably the best junior player I have ever seen.  He had far more ability than Ian Black.

Steven Hislop at Bo’ness and Steven Husband at Kelty. Craig Thomson stood out like a sore thumb in the juniors at Kelty but him dropping down to play in the juniors... Well, we all know the story.

Stephen Husband was a wee bit of a surprise at Kelty given his age and ability and has been a class act every time I have been at a game.

Easily the best junior player I have ever seen.

Top 5 in the East and probably the biggest supported. Proved that last year at both finals, 2 to 1 Bonnyrigg fans who are arguably the biggest east junior club at the minute. 

Top 5?! Aye right mate. Lay off the glue!

Our avaerage gate is 300plus we have 120 season ticket holders.

Average 300?! Aye right mate. Lay off the lighter gas!

Carrots at lithgae was a top player. Who pays the big players wages? Do you get sponsors or such like. George o Boyle at Bo’ness was a top player as well

Forgot about George O’Boyle. Another one that stood out like a sore thumb in the juniors. Signed him and Kevin Thomas at the same time though the latter only made a couple of appearances then disappeared.

19 hours ago, theshed said:
19 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
Benni McCarthy no sign or play for Whitehill welfare for a spell?

Hate blackie as a player and a person but its got media attention on the juniors ( especially tranent ) so can only be a good thing. How long he lasts, only time will tell. He will be on a fair bit of coin id imagine.

Heard the local bookie are paying his wages ........

Just now, wingnut said:

Remember wee Blackie as a juvenile player at Hearts,he got a few red cards back then,think he got 2-3 reds in the Scottish cup final agst Hutchie Vale,lol,he was easy to wind up back then but he was a good talent back then,surprised he’s dropped down to juniors tbh,will be interesting to see how he gets on with it,best of luck to him.

He’s not on £800 a week. That is mental. Thomson wasn’t on that either. There will be guys at super league clubs on more than Ian I can assure u.

Told he was getting £400 off tranent and sfa were paying the other as he was signed as a form of development officer?

On 05/01/2018 at 20:35, JOS said:

Top 5 in the East and probably the biggest supported. Proved that last year at both finals, 2 to 1 Bonnyrigg fans who are arguably the biggest east junior club at the minute. 

Top 5 in the East!?

Tranent aren’t even in the top 3 in East Lothian!

We had St Mirren legend Billy Abercromby at Ladeside for a spell & to say he was past it was an understatement. Was going through a well publicised battle with alcohol at the time though . Spoke to him & he did seem a genuine guy even if it didn’t work on the pitch for him

Archived