Community Club?

4 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Because it's not just about the grounds.

I'm sure you'd admit the volley is a bit rough round the edges just now, but in reality it might not take much to get that ground up to meet the licence criteria. It is fully enclosed, has cover for 100, the changing rooms and refs accommodation could stretch into the social club bit in order to comply if required.

Probably needs public toilets for supporters within the ground and improved disabled access I think?

And judging by its website the Armadale Community Club is going well with 500 players and plans to develop their facilities which I'm sure you've seen.

What you have to do however is be well organised off the pitch and, crucially, commit to the pyramid - but I can't see how Armadale would be any worse off in the EoS than where they are now.

Arguing about Pollok and Linlithgow is futile - it's not your problem. 

My argument is .the clubs like pollock and Talbot have invested over long periods off time ( my club haven't and there for are not worthy off the same rights as those who have) so for these clubs to be denied sfa membership because they are junior is a joke . I remember bsc Glasgow groundsharing with junior club maryhill now they have sfa membership and still have no park . So in the eyes off the beaks it's better to have no park rather than no toilets. 

Oh and by the way Spartans is the best non league set up by miles . 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

My argument is .the clubs like pollock and Talbot have invested over long periods off time ( my club haven't and there for are not worthy off the same rights as those who have) so for these clubs to be denied sfa membership because they are junior is a joke . I remember bsc Glasgow groundsharing with junior club maryhill now they have sfa membership and still have no park . So in the eyes off the beaks it's better to have no park rather than no toilets. 

Linlithgow haven't been denied though, they're the one Club License 'anomoly' in the East Region Juniors. And because of this they do benefit - before a ball was kicked this season they were £15k better off than the others in that league. Not their fault, but it hardly seems fair on the others, including your own club not so long ago.

Pollok aren't being denied a license, but I can see why they wouldn't want to play SoS.  If a WoS league was formed it would be interesting to see if they went for it, or indeed helped form it.

12 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

Oh and by the way Spartans is the best non league set up by miles . 

So no tips for us to avoid yet?

P.S. a pollock is a fish.

14 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Linlithgow haven't been denied though, they're the one Club License 'anomoly' in the East Region Juniors. And because of this they do benefit - before a ball was kicked this season they were £15k better off than the others in that league. Not their fault, but it hardly seems fair on the others, including your own club not so long ago.

Pollok aren't being denied a license, but I can see why they wouldn't want to play SoS.  If a WoS league was formed it would be interesting to see if they went for it, or indeed helped form it.

Newlandsfield is a cracking Junior venue, probably my favourite away ground, but it  has not had a great deal of investment  for a fair old while. It would need some attention to the ground aspect if Pollok were to consider a licence in the future.

44 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Newlandsfield is a cracking Junior venue, probably my favourite away ground, but it  has not had a great deal of investment  for a fair old while. It would need some attention to the ground aspect if Pollok were to consider a licence in the future.

...Talbot there on 3rd Feb... 

51 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Been a year or so since I was there (in fact it was Talbot v Renfrew) and can't remember much wrong with the infrastructure from a spectator point of view. In my experience the problem that teams have with traditional grounds is in the dressing rooms. I think you need seating for 22 and 5 shower heads each, home and away.

Even though Whitehill's pavilion is modern it only had 4 shower heads so we needed a plumber for that. We had seating for 25 though which is more than enough. You also need WCs and urinals including WC in the ref's room.

59 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

What would Pollok need to get a licence other than floodlights?

18 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

You don't need them for Entry level, but you do for the SPFL. But the whole club gets assessed, not just the ground. Including accounts, coaching staff badges, physio etc.

24 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

To say the toilet facilities are rudimentary would be an understatement, don't think stating that is breaking  confidentially as most people know this. Any other stuff I'm sure a well run club like Pollok are well aware, not for me to publicise. What I will say is that in many ways it surpasses, love the big enclosure which is one aspect way and above requirements.

47 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

...Talbot there on 3rd Feb... 

Yes, very much looking forward to that. Another bumper crowd I would imagine for Newlandsfield. Added spice with two Talbot legends joining the Southsiders in the close season, who can expect pelters!

Been a year or so since I was there (in fact it was Talbot v Renfrew) and can't remember much wrong with the infrastructure from a spectator point of view. In my experience the problem that teams have with traditional grounds is in the dressing rooms. I think you need seating for 22 and 5 shower heads each, home and away.
Even though Whitehill's pavilion is modern it only had 4 shower heads so we needed a plumber for that. We had seating for 25 though which is more than enough. You also need WCs and urinals including WC in the ref's room.
Irvine Meadow's stand/dressing rooms are the same. It looks great from the outside but is hardly better than a public park changing room on the inside. I didn't see the social club so don't know what that's like.

Irvine Meadow's stand/dressing rooms are the same. It looks great from the outside but is hardly better than a public park changing room on the inside. I didn't see the social club so don't know what that's like.

Social club is really nice inside, plenty of old pics and a large mural at one end from when they played Hibs. Cheap as well. Enjoyed it despite getting humped 6-1!

10 minutes ago, energyzone said:
2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I've been in Medda's Social Club and it looks OK. But it's not part of the licence anyway.

25 minutes ago, energyzone said:
2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Medda Park/Girvan ? Medda Park all day long. If Girvan is licenced for a wee seated stand and absolutely nothing else bar a bizarre attempt to instal seats other side of pitch...any junior club could get a license.

17 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Medda Park/Girvan ? Medda Park all day long. If Girvan is licenced for a wee seated stand and absolutely nothing else bar a bizarre attempt to instal seats other side of pitch...any junior club could get a license.

Just because they've been mentioned, i'm not a 100% sure Girvan are the best example. At some point at least I believe existing SFA members were grandfathered in for licencing. Not sure if that's still the case for Girvan or have since become compliant.

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

To say the toilet facilities are rudimentary would be an understatement, don't think stating that is breaking  confidentially as most people know this. Any other stuff I'm sure a well run club like Pollok are well aware, not for me to publicise. What I will say is that in many ways it surpasses, love the big enclosure which is one aspect way and above requirements.

A planning application has been submitted for a new toilet block, and other plans are being developed to deal with the lack of disabled facilities:

http://pollokfc.com/2017/12/21/newlandsfield-regeneration/

2 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Don't need seats, just cover for 100. Of course any junior club could get a license. Too many people been listening to TJ ;)

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes, very much looking forward to that. Another bumper crowd I would imagine for Newlandsfield. Added spice with two Talbot legends joining the Southsiders in the close season, who can expect pelters!

You'll need a loud voice to give McGoldrick pelters. He has left Pollok to take up a job in Dubai

Don't need seats, just cover for 100. Of course any junior club could get a license. Too many people been listening to TJ [emoji6]

Given that somehow Golspie's bus shelter allegedly covers 100 spectators, I suspect there's not too thorough an assessment of that...

On 1/7/2018 at 10:19, Shanner said:

If you're calling LL teams "mickey mouse clubs" you can't very well turn round and accuse others of sneering.

Great crowd at Pollok yesterday, no doubt about it but hardly typical of Junior crowds across the board. 

Edusport Academy, Broomhill Sports Club Glasgow (of Alloa), Cumbernauld Colts, Edinburgh and Stirling Unis and Civil Service Strollers are Mickey Mouse clubs. They belong in a pyramid, but not in the league, and yet any of them could within a season. I feel sorry for real clubs like Whitehill Welfare and Spartans playing teams like them.

Junior clubs get far bigger crowds than LL clubs.

Archived