Community Club?

The way I see it the SFA are not going to change anything to accommodate some whinning junior fans, the opportunity was offered to join the pyramid and it was rebuffed. Whether great ideas are talked about I just can't see them offering any alternative after being rebuffed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Talbot have, for whatever reason, not applied for a licence. The requirements aren't onerous - even Golspie managed. Obviously, Talbot do not think it in their interest. A licence is not all about the ground either, it's off field stuff too.

Talbot did apply for a licence but were told if it was to be awarded they had to join the South of Scotland League. Also we have our own football academy which has teams from Under 5's upwards. 

20 hours ago, kenny131 said:

The way I see it the SFA are not going to change anything to accommodate some whinning junior fans, the opportunity was offered to join the pyramid and it was rebuffed. Whether great ideas are talked about I just can't see them offering any alternative after being rebuffed.

I don't know why people are still stuck in this mindset.

The Juniors were offered the chance to join a system that's clearly inferior to the Junior set-up. Playing Mickey Mouse clubs, travelling vastly further, and for the top clubs who would surely be filtering in to League 2 before long, the chance to travel all over the country every other week to play the same teams four times a season in front of crowds slightly larger than they're getting now, charging 2-3 times more for the honour. 

The reason there's no pyramid in Scottish football is that those on the inside like it the way it is. Those on the inside include Edusport Academy and BSC Glasgow. And sneering at those who know it's rubbish for "rebuffing" the opportunity to join is deeply, deeply misguided.

Over 1,100 at Pollok yesterday. The fifth biggest crowd in Scotland, and more than 3 of the 5 matches in the Championship. Tell me why it's better to be Cowdenbeath?

On 1/6/2018 at 00:02, Cyclizine said:

Talbot have, for whatever reason, not applied for a licence. The requirements aren't onerous - even Golspie managed. Obviously, Talbot do not think it in their interest. A licence is not all about the ground either, it's off field stuff too.

If you're asking that question, you haven't been paying enough attention.

To be allowed a licence Talbot had to agree to leave a league with clubs like Glenafton, Cumnock and Pollok, and join one with Newton Stewart, Bonnyton Thistle and Stranraer Reserves. Winning this league would get them exciting ties against six clubs that have no community at all. And that's better how?

On 05/01/2018 at 22:40, The Mantis said:

Exempt?

Volunteer Park

And your parks the maracana .

Very basic facilities . Auchinleck linlithgow  miles in front off lowland league .yesterday's derby at pollock proves junior football is very much alive and kicking with 1200 spectators at a local derby league match. 

The big difference Talbot were a well established club within the community already.

Community clubs are setting up to develop kids football - then wanting to progress without ever attracting supporters.

To me these are feeder clubs only.

If you're asking that question, you haven't been paying enough attention.
To be allowed a licence Talbot had to agree to leave a league with clubs like Glenafton, Cumnock and Pollok, and join one with Newton Stewart, Bonnyton Thistle and Stranraer Reserves. Winning this league would get them exciting ties against six clubs that have no community at all. And that's better how?

I know the main reason why Talbot didn't apply, thanks, it's been mentioned many times. There may have been other reasons too, hence my comment. FYI, it was only Newton Stewart in the SoSFL at the time.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

The Juniors were offered the chance to join a system that's clearly inferior to the Junior set-up. Playing Mickey Mouse clubs, travelling vastly further, and for the top clubs who would surely be filtering in to League 2 before long, the chance to travel all over the country every other week to play the same teams four times a season in front of crowds slightly larger than they're getting now, charging 2-3 times more for the honour. 

The reason there's no pyramid in Scottish football is that those on the inside like it the way it is. Those on the inside include Edusport Academy and BSC Glasgow. And sneering at those who know it's rubbish for "rebuffing" the opportunity to join is deeply, deeply misguided.

Over 1,100 at Pollok yesterday. The fifth biggest crowd in Scotland, and more than 3 of the 5 matches in the Championship. Tell me why it's better to be Cowdenbeath?

If you're calling LL teams "mickey mouse clubs" you can't very well turn round and accuse others of sneering.

Great crowd at Pollok yesterday, no doubt about it but hardly typical of Junior crowds across the board. 

But no one from the SJFA engaged in debate. It was all "£100,000 toilets" and "£20 to get in", and that was from the head of the association. The SFA weren't blameless, but they had a plan for a pyramid and went with what they could. It's no surprise that SFA member clubs in the EoSFL and SoSFL were the main choices. I admit being surprised that BSCG and EK were admitted, but they are there now. More could have been done at the time, but it is the current system that will be adapted. We can't go back and it is pointless rehashing the old arguments, it is what can happen in the future that we need to debate now.

I agree 1200 is an excellent crowd, but in the grand scheme of things, it is the exception, not the norm. I was at the Wick v Brora game that drew a similar crowd. Most clubs will never get anywhere near that, let alone three figures. These are the clubs in the majority.

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Curious to know what tips to avoid in my jaunt around the Lowland League emoji23.png

Tell me one lowland league ground better than Talbot or linlithgow ....how can clubs get entry level sfa membership with no grounds???? While clubs like pollock , Talbot. With decent grounds can't. Hate to burst your bubble but my club are now in the lowest league in the East region  .I believe we will have more paying customers than edu sport or bsc Glasgow in the MIGHTY lowland league . This is a junior forum  what makes it so interesting for the glorious senior clubs , could it be your own leagues are boring .I find it hard to find any mainline media intrest in these leagues , unlike junior football .spoke to two previous senior clubs now junior recently who tell me the senior leagues are poorly run and miles away from the junior standard . 

59 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Tell me one lowland league ground better than Talbot or linlithgow ....how can clubs get entry level sfa membership with no grounds???? While clubs like pollock , Talbot. With decent grounds can't. Hate to burst your bubble but my club are now in the lowest league in the East region  .I believe we will have more paying customers than edu sport or bsc Glasgow in the MIGHTY lowland league . This is a junior forum  what makes it so interesting for the glorious senior clubs , could it be your own leagues are boring .I find it hard to find any mainline media intrest in these leagues , unlike junior football .spoke to two previous senior clubs now junior recently who tell me the senior leagues are poorly run and miles away from the junior standard . 

I was just asking for you to tell us what grounds are tips, that's all.

43 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Cumbernauld colts
Gala fairy dean rovers
Gretna

All very decent grounds.

Cumbernauld = clyde/ council ground 

Raydale ...are you serious 

Gala not bad main stand .rests a bit school parkish. 

Not even close .let's drop into South and East senior leagues for some right toppers .look north for decent senior grounds .highland league miles ahead off the crap lowland league farce .

3 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Cumbernauld = clyde/ council ground

My understanding of it is that Cumbernauld Colts are the primary tenants at Broadwood these days. As for it being a council ground, not every club owns their ground and that's not really a reason to dismiss the standard of it.

58 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

....how can clubs get entry level sfa membership with no grounds???? While clubs like pollock , Talbot. With decent grounds can't. 

Because it's not just about the grounds.

I'm sure you'd admit the volley is a bit rough round the edges just now, but in reality it might not take much to get that ground up to meet the licence criteria. It is fully enclosed, has cover for 100, the changing rooms and refs accommodation could stretch into the social club bit in order to comply if required.

Probably needs public toilets for supporters within the ground and improved disabled access I think?

And judging by its website the Armadale Community Club is going well with 500 players and plans to develop their facilities which I'm sure you've seen.

What you have to do however is be well organised off the pitch and, crucially, commit to the pyramid - but I can't see how Armadale would be any worse off in the EoS than where they are now.

Arguing about Pollok and Linlithgow is futile - it's not your problem. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

So which ones are tips?  and what is the standard of ground like in your league. Just seen pics of Armadale's, it looks a bit "tired". Do you own your ground?

Correct park is tired .work has nmbeen underway over last 5 years inside the pavilion ( rewired,ventilation system ,wipe down walls and floors, revamped lounge ) spectator toilets now on going and funding underway for new roof to pavilion and floodlighting . Having said that can never remember it being the state off the pavilion below .

Screenshot_20180107-215842.png

1 minute ago, daleboy1969 said:

Correct park is tired .work has nmbeen underway over last 5 years inside the pavilion ( rewired,ventilation system ,wipe down walls and floors, revamped lounge ) spectator toilets now on going and funding underway for new roof to pavilion and floodlighting . Having said that can never remember it being the state off the pavilion below .

Screenshot_20180107-215842.png

That was demolished years ago mate

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/whitehill.htm

Archived