Goalless games and draws

David W

Clyde have drawn 6 consecutive league games since binning Jim Chapman. How does this compare to the Scottish record?

In Danny Lennon's four league matches there have been absolutely no goals. Four 0-0s in a row. Again, how does this compare?

I think the Scottish league record for consecutive draws is 7, set by St Johnstone from March-May 1993.

My current data set-up doesn't quite let me work out the number of consecutive 0-0 draws - at some point I'm going to update it to be able to search for stuff like that.

I've managed to hack together a search for consecutive 0-0 draws, and I reckon that 4 in a row this has happened on 4 previous occasions.  Nobody has ever had 5 0-0 draws in a row.

Hibernian - 19/12/1987-09/01/1988
Raith Rovers - 11/08/1979-05/09/1979
Ross County - 12/02/2011-01/03/2011
St Mirren - 05/03/2005-19/03/2005

Funnily enough, St Mirren's run started off with two consecutive 0-0 draws with Clyde.

That season we drew all four games with them 0-0. Billy Reid and the Gus Bus. The fourth was the same night that Chelsea beat Barca 4-2, when they announced the half-time score as 3-2 I think half the crowd was up for topping themselves.

Archived