The 2018 NFL Draft

lichtie23

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Jackson will be great fun, tough to project how he'll do given no team will let him do what he got away with in Louisville though. Too slight to run that much against NFL defences as well imo.

Didn't realise Darnold had already declared, he's a clear bust I reckon.

Baker Mayfield will be 2018's DeShaun Watson. Better athlete than he gets given credit for, big arm, good decision maker, self belief through the roof and, most importantly, plenty experience leading a huge programme in key games.

Kerryon Johnson has declared as well I saw, he'll be a great take for anyone in the second round, which is where he's projected. Absolute tank and dat patient stutter step.

Baker Mayfield reminds me of Carson Wentz as a prospect. 

I think Mayfield can have success early on in the right offense. He is a fantastic athlete and can throw on the run very well, but he doesn't have the footwork or poise to hang in the pocket as a passer (yet). He escapes too quickly, puts his linemen in difficult positions and goes off script somewhat. All his receivers are wide open and he hasn't shown the ability to anticipate openings in zone coverage or throw before a receiver is out of his break.  Quick throws and play action boot leg would work very well with Mayfield. Plus, as you say, he seems to be a very motivated person and I love the fact that he was a walk on (similar to Carson Wentz who was a small school guy). 

I like Mayfield, Jackson and Rosen. Still undecided on Darnold.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 3 of the mock drafts on nfl.com have the Bears taking CB Denzel Ward.

Also there seem to be a lot of decent CBs available in Free Agency.

So far our GM has never drafted a player in the Secondary ahead of about Round 4. We always seem to Draft promising but raw players with our first pick.

PFF say that Baker Mayfield's tape and numbers say he should be the number 1 pick

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-baker-mayfields-tape-numbers-say-he-should-be-no-1-overall-pick

In other news, Browns GM John Dorsey has made it known he is open to trading either of their first round picks in the right circumstances.

On 13/02/2018 at 07:59, ICTChris said:

PFF say that Baker Mayfield's tape and numbers say he should be the number 1 pick

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-baker-mayfields-tape-numbers-say-he-should-be-no-1-overall-pick

In other news, Browns GM John Dorsey has made it known he is open to trading either of their first round picks in the right circumstances.

Mayfield's mouth could see him slide.  

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else being watching some of the combine over the past couple days

Not really, just watched some of the highlight clips on Twitter and Facebook.

I see Michigan DT Maurice Hurst has been sent home after it was discovered he has a heart condition. Lot of experts had him down as a cert first round pick.

Anyone else being watching some of the combine over the past couple days

Iv only seen stuff on Twitter. Due to work it’s been difficult. Any stand out performances? I see some WR had a vertical jump of 40 inches. That’s impressed some. No records in the 40?

• 2 weeks later...

The Browns just signed Carlos Hyde - does that make them less likely to draft Saquon Barkley?  Seems unlikely to spend a top five pick on a running back when they just spent heavily on the position.  

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Browns just signed Carlos Hyde - does that make them less likely to draft Saquon Barkley?  Seems unlikely to spend a top five pick on a running back when they just spent heavily on the position.  

Hell of a backfield with them both there. They may need to use a high pick on an OT, with Joe Thomas retiring

Hell of a backfield with them both there. They may need to use a high pick on an OT, with Joe Thomas retiring
Dorsey was speaking to tonight and I didn't get the impression a tackle was the focus based on who they've picked up, they obviously knew JT was calling it a day.

It's still QB #1 and best player available at 4 or trade down, I think...

Archived