The 2018 NFL Draft

lichtie23

WTF! Solid first two days from the Redskins.  Where has the real Bruce Allen gone? 

That Guise seems like a real trouble maker though.  Rescuing a lassie from a car when she was trapped and personally giving a sick girl a signed football (the only thing she asked santa for).   

Supposedly because he didn't like being asked about his dad (killed) or brother (in and out of prison) in pre-draft interviews he is a bad egg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Even better than Barkley?

For me, yes. I have a fundamental problem with Barkley avoiding contact despite the fact he’s 230 pounds. 100% ready to be wrong on that though.

9 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

Benjamin Allbright is a total fantasist and shouldn't be trusted with for any sort of inside information.

He's doubled down on twitter and says his source is right - so according to him the Eagles VP of Operations is lying  :lol:

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

So is everyone happy with their draft?

Yes. Very.  Our draft also showed the importance of the combine.  Our 4th round pick should have been our 5th round pick and vice versa but because of Combine Results they swapped.  

Free agency moves this year meant that we didn't have to spend yet more future draft picks so we just stuck with our lot. Addressed our needs early (well, as early as we could seeing as we didn't have any picks in the first two rounds). Some depth in the backfield, speed in the slot, both a blocking and a receiving TE, and an elusive LT who should be able to compete straight away. All in all, reasonably happy.

Solid draft from the Broncos. Passing on any available QB means Elway is riding the Case Keenum train at present, with Lynch as backup. If our O-Line doesn’t improve though, Keenum will be flattened, regularly. 

On paper our Offensive Line should be invincible, our secondary should be even better and we may have found a RB that can actually carry the ball, lots to be confident about but always with the proviso being that this is the Lions, we might find/invent a new way to f**k it up, but Patricia could be the boi to change this!!![emoji1303]

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Solid draft from the Broncos. Passing on any available QB means Elway is riding the Case Keenum train at present, with Lynch as backup. If our O-Line doesn’t improve though, Keenum will be flattened, regularly. 

I love what the Broncos did in the draft.  Not a fan of Keemun but they won a Super Bowl with a creaking Peyton Manning and an outstanding defense. Looks like they’re going for that again with Chubb and Von Miller to rival Bosa-Ingram as the most disruptive pass rush in the league. Royce Freeman is an upgrade on C.J. Anderson and Courtland Sutton is potentially the best WR in the draft. 

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

On paper our Offensive Line should be invincible, our secondary should be even better and we may have found a RB that can actually carry the ball, lots to be confident about but always with the proviso being that this is the Lions, we might find/invent a new way to f**k it up, but Patricia could be the boi to change this!!!emoji1303.png

The Lions obviously need to improve the running game but getting a guy like Ragnow can help that.

I don't know enough about college football to say how good Kerryon is but he has an excellent name for tabloid sports headlines - "What a Kerryon!"  "Keep Calm and Kerryon!"

I'm a Lions fan but a Browns sympathiser and I think they had a good draft.  If you look at the measurables, Mayfield was the best quarterback there and the new guys in the front office have form on quarterbacks so you have to go with what they think.  From discussions post-draft it seems a lot of teams had Mayfield higher up their boards than was initially thought.  Ward fills a need at cornerback and the second round guys look fairly solid.  We will see though.

The Lions obviously need to improve the running game but getting a guy like Ragnow can help that. I don't know enough about college football to say how good Kerryon is but he has an excellent name for tabloid sports headlines - "What a Kerryon!"  "Keep Calm and Kerryon!"   

The O-line has been bolstered big time, remember they picked up another Guard in the draft, also picked up Wiggins from the Seahawks and Johnson from the Jets add in Glasgow, who I though was excellent last season and there might be something there, remember also they've added a lot of strength to the line with some big experienced Tight-Ends in Wilson (Seahawks) and Toilolo ( Falcons) and you can see a concerted effort has been made to bulk that area up, as Patricia said they want "to build from the ball out" and they've certainly done that!!!

Also interesting that they didn't release any of last season's so ineffectual RB's, so they're obviously wanting to see what they can do with some protection in front of them for a change, I personally think another Free-Agency pick, Blount might be the guy to lead the charge, big, experienced, just what is needed before we introduce the new guys. Kerryon could be the star but the guy that sneaked in as the final pick, Nick Bawden, might be the surprise!!!

Lets hope so anyway!!!

As for the Jets, we have Darnold and I don’t give a duck about anything else. I really think Josh McCown can help him a lot.

I read that McCown told Darnold to come live with him until he gets settled in NY

Archived