The 2018 NFL Draft

lichtie23

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gc_smfc said:

General consensus is that we've reached taking Rashaad Penny.

But we do need more play makers and he's fits that.

Nope you haven’t. He’s the 3rd best RB in this class behind Saquon and Nick Chubb. Very good 3 down back that is a better runner in between the tackles than Barkley right now. 

I’ve not mentioned him at all for fantasy purposes but the cat is out of the bag.

Best QB in the draft? Yes please. 8)

Delighted to see Lamar Jackson in Baltimore. He’s going to be electric and better than half these 1st Round QB’s.

Lol @ Bills. An inaccurate QB to throw to their shite receivers.

Cardinals have won the draft (other than the Jets) regardless of what happens the next couple of days.

I can see why Cleveland picked Mayfield. He’s very motivated and that will ensure he hits his ceiling. He’s a great leader and will at least be a competent QB in the NFL. Whether he’ll be better than Darnold, Rosen or Jackson, I’m not sure.

36 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

Best QB in the draft? Yes please. 8)

Delighted to see Lamar Jackson in Baltimore. He’s going to be electric and better than half these 1st Round QB’s.

Lol @ Bills. An inaccurate QB to throw to their shite receivers.

Cardinals have won the draft (other than the Jets) regardless of what happens the next couple of days.

I can see why Cleveland picked Mayfield. He’s very motivated and that will ensure he hits his ceiling. He’s a great leader and will at least be a competent QB in the NFL. Whether he’ll be better than Darnold, Rosen or Jackson, I’m not sure.

Seems like Jackson fell quite a bit, which is a bit of a red flag.  Baltimore can't complain, but like you I think a couple of those guys that went ahead of him are not as talented.

Josh Rosen talking about being pissed off at going so low  (behind Mike McGlinchey at 10)  is a very strange thing to say, and strikes me as another flag.   I can only assume he was nervous and mis-spoke. Didn't seem very happy, though.

Edit: speaking of McGlinchey, that seems like the 49ers went with the highest rated player on their list.  Which, of course, is how you should draft.  But I'd like to have seen them go with a wide receiver, which is more of a pressing need.

51 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Seems like Jackson fell quite a bit, which is a bit of a red flag.  Baltimore can't complain, but like you I think a couple of those guys that went ahead of him are not as talented.

Josh Rosen talking about being pissed off at going so low  (behind Mike McGlinchey at 10)  is a very strange thing to say, and strikes me as another flag.   I can only assume he was nervous and mis-spoke. Didn't seem very happy, though.

Edit: speaking of McGlinchey, that seems like the 49ers went with the highest rated player on their list.  Which, of course, is how you should draft.  But I'd like to have seen them go with a wide receiver, which is more of a pressing need.

I think you can still get the best receiver in this class in the 2nd or 3rd round this year (whoever that may be). No real stereotypical “X” receiver like AJ Green or Julio Jones. 

Anthony Miller my personal favourite that’s still on the board.

15 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

I think you can still get the best receiver in this class in the 2nd or 3rd round this year (whoever that may be). No real stereotypical “X” receiver like AJ Green or Julio Jones. 

Anthony Miller my personal favourite that’s still on the board.

This is true.  

I'd imagine the 9ers will draft a WR and a DE  in some order over the next couple of rounds.

Always happy to see a WR coming to Da Bears. He was who I wanted us to pick, once Nelson and Chubb had gone.

Browns surprised me twice.

Derwin James won best outfit award for me.

Rumoured that Bears we’re trying to trade up into the 2nd Round. Maybe for an OL or WR.

Thought that Guice would go in the 1st Round.

Amazed Lamar Jackson went so late.

Oh and how in hell did the Packers get a 2019 1st Round Pick from the Saints?? :thumbsdown

Welcome to New York Sequon Barkley!

Exceptionally good pick, I don't know how they would have done it, but that is the player I was really hoping, through some kind of trading magic, the Lions were going to go for!!!

Feel free to bookmark this, but he will be a superstar for the Giants this season and hey, we got a Centre, even though even my mum knows that somebody capable of running the ball more than 4.4 yards on a carry should have been higher on their list!!!

IMG_3373.jpg.a51f1e2f612333b064c493efa10ac4af.jpg

Archived