The 2018 NFL Draft

lichtie23

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Must admit this is the one bit of the NFL I can't buy into all the hype and analysis for. Guess it breaks up the off season though. 

Yeah I’m the same. Only recently started showing a proper interest in NFL after years of “I only ever watch the superbowl”, but the Draft is the one thing I cannot get my head around. I know the basics of it and who gets first pick etc, but that’s about it. :lol: 

EDIT I’m guessing you’d need to be pretty clued up on college football too, so you know the up and coming players. So maybe that’s why I don’t know so much about it.

I don't really watch much of the college game but even with that I know who the guys being talked about (well, mainly the QBs) are.

It's more the analysis of "well team X might move up and might give this amount of picks for 2018 and this amount for 2019  and team Y might say yes to this".  

Plus the Browns could probably draft fucking Optimus Prime with pick 1 and he'd be a bust and the Patriots will pick a 5'10 white guy out of the crowd who isn't even a college player to play WR and he'll end up going to the Pro Bowl.

I like all the speculation and analysis but looking back at last years drfat - the biggest move was when Chicago traded up to draft Trubisky and no-one predicted that.  The offensive players who had the biggest impact were Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt and I don't recall hearing anything about them in the pre-Draft speculation.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I like all the speculation and analysis but looking back at last years drfat - the biggest move was when Chicago traded up to draft Trubisky and no-one predicted that.  The offensive players who had the biggest impact were Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt and I don't recall hearing anything about them in the pre-Draft speculation.

You’re getting your analysis in the wrong places then. NFL Network and the like talk about 5 players all year. 

5 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

You’re getting your analysis in the wrong places then. NFL Network and the like talk about 5 players all year. 

Yup. I have a fair idea about what the top 6 picks will be but I've little idea who the Seahawks will select. I'm guessing DB or LB but they could trade back for a 3rd or 4th round...

Now I think about it that is the Seahawks draft strategy in a nutshell :rolleyes:

On 25/04/2018 at 08:32, Antiochas III said:

I will greet if the Browns don't take Barkley at 1, leaving him to the Giants.  Even with questionable continued quality at QB watching the Giants (and Cowboys) run over the Skins 4 times a season...  

All point at Skins going DL at 13.  Although looking at a trade down to the early second if anyone fancies someone on the board will not go down to badly

I'd get the Kleenex ready mate...

May depend on what the Giants do for how much that 4th pick is worth, so don't see it going beforehand. Patriots are the real wildcard here too, two first round picks and sure-to-hell a need for a future franchise QB you could see them jump. Bold prediction; Bills to trade with Colts for #6, Colts then to trade #12 down to the Pats. Colts need a haul of players to stand any chance in the South this year.

Edit: Or Browns go halfway house between their Moneyball approach and going for it and do the same idea but with #4.

Maybe Browns will trade the 4th pick if Barkley goes to the Giants, or draft him if not.

Bears linked to Denzel Ward again. I’m sure he’s a good player, but we really don’t need a CB much. We have glaring needs at LB (Inside and Out) and OG. Hoping the talk of Ward is just a smokescreen.

3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Maybe Browns will trade the 4th pick if Barkley goes to the Giants, or draft him if not.

Bears linked to Denzel Ward again. I’m sure he’s a good player, but we really don’t need a CB much. We have glaring needs at LB (Inside and Out) and OG. Hoping the talk of Ward is just a smokescreen.

Quenton Nelson is an absolute beast.

If 4 QB’s, Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley all go in the top 8, there’s a good chance he’ll be available for the Bears at 8.

2 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

Quenton Nelson is an absolute beast.

If 4 QB’s, Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley all go in the top 8, there’s a good chance he’ll be available for the Bears at 8.

Yup, OL for the Bears, imo and Nelson is the tap bois apparently.

Iv no idea what Gettleman will do. If it’s best player available then it’s Barkley, if it’s need then it’s Darnold or Rosen. Maybe hope for a miracle and get Barkley at 2 and trade back in later if Jackson is still available.

Archived