Irn Bru

Having a girlfriend has finally paid off.

Over at her mums for a bbq and I’m sitting with the wee one and her mum pipes up “I’ve got some irn bru in the garage it’s been in there since before Christmas”

It’s the good stuff, I’m not even going to eat now just fill myself up with bru.

20 hours ago, thistledo said:

After following some advice on here I found six 8-packs in a BM Bargains place. Delightful, was like finding money only better. 

Having read this I dived into Edinburgh's tinkiest retail park (Meadowbank) and headed straight for B & M. To my delight there were loads of multipacks of Irn Bru on the shelves, all with the glorious red traffic light for sugar but alas it was new recipe cans and their 17% sugar content :(

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

Having read this I dived into Edinburgh's tinkiest retail park (Meadowbank) and headed straight for B & M. To my delight there were loads of multipacks of Irn Bru on the shelves, all with the glorious red traffic light for sugar but alas it was new recipe cans and their 17% sugar content :(

Ah gutted mate, the one I got them in was Hamilton, I was amazed as I thought there would be no chance they had any left. They were mixed in amongst some 17% stuff, slightly embarrassingly I had a bit of a rummage to find all the 38% ones. 

Found some hidden away in the premier shop on Perth’s Crieff road.

Although granted I did need to wash the cans before drinking out them as that shops clearly never been cleaned.

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Ah gutted mate, the one I got them in was Hamilton, I was amazed as I thought there would be no chance they had any left. They were mixed in amongst some 17% stuff, slightly embarrassingly I had a bit of a rummage to find all the 38% ones. 

I'm going to try Poundland which is just next door. Had a can of the new stuff on Sunday to ease a hangover and it make me feel worse.

ETA: Further proof that Trump is a whopper:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/irn-bru-barred-scottish-trump-12503663

Edited by RiG

29 of those bad boys secured and now safely in my fridge. Each to be savoured and appreciated with the sad knowledge we are approaching the end of dynasty of pure sugar and E numbers. 

I feel I should get pished far more to feel the true extent of it's healing powers.

A shop down at the bottom of my street run by an Asian man (or the usual terminology for it if you like) is the only place locally I've seen it for a while. Found out on Saturday and mustve bought about 10 packs (8 in a pack) since. Of course I'm keeping the good irn bru whereabouts from locals so I can get more for myself and I'm not one bit guilty over it.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I'm going to try Poundland which is just next door. Had a can of the new stuff on Sunday to ease a hangover and it make me feel worse.

ETA: Further proof that Trump is a whopper:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/irn-bru-barred-scottish-trump-12503663

Aye the shitey wee shops are the last solace for the real Bru drinker. 

My mate’s just been to Dumfries Cash and Carry amid rumours of original Bru. 5 cases coming my way  

d58cc3d7-28b9-4b0f-a8ae-5836a7fe3d13.thumb.jpg.6094b0d988fabef3d9730198d815bb99.jpg

Just been to collect my 5 cases (£8 per 24 pack at Dumfries Cash and Carry).

IMG_9851.thumb.jpg.af92cfceadd237391af24074c39643bd.jpg

I don’t have any kids, but I’d imagine collecting these shares a similar sense of pride as bringing a newborn home from the hospital. They’ll be rationed like a 1940’s loaf of hovis, every drop shall be savoured.

Brothers of Bru, I salute each and every one of you in these troubled times, for sharing locations of the holy grail.

ETA... Donald Trump is a c**t.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Just been to collect my 5 cases (£8 per 24 pack at Dumfries Cash and Carry).

IMG_9851.thumb.jpg.af92cfceadd237391af24074c39643bd.jpg

Awaits the crushing disappointment when said friend later realises that the new stuff also had a the red guidance label...