Elgin Vs Clyde

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result for city! Much changed team and the commitment showed! Two nervous teams but I thought Elgin deserved the it - especially second half. As for Clyde - Goodwillie is the answer to and the cause of your problems if this game is anything to go by. Entire game plan was pump it up to Goodwillie and hope he does something. When it doesn't work you're f@*ked. Cowdenbeath will save you cause you're much better than them. Was dreading this game after our recent form but quite frankly Goodwillie aside, Clyde had nothing.  For Elgin - Jordan Allen was immense - striker to full back in about 7 games. Hope all Clyde fans got back down the road okay!

Rubbish game all in. Heavy pitch didn't help. I thought we deserved a point but we did need Currie to make a couple of great saves second half to keep it at 1-0 so I can see why Elgin might think they edged it. That said, we won a lot of the ball in midfield and I always felt we'd get a goal with the hilariously bad Waters in Elgin's goal. It's just about as bad an Elgin team as I've seen up there and that paints our problems in an even darker light that they've beaten us three times this season.

Currie, back 3, Cuddihy and Goodwillie did varying levels of okay. Cuddihy was first to most things in midfield, passing was inconsistent (but at least usually forward) but he covered some amount of ground. The rest were poor or in the case of Love and Lowden, anonymous. Breslin wasn't error prone but Elgin were just passing around him second half and we ended up putting Cuddihy out there which stopped us winning as many second balls in midfield. We ended up with Ferguson and Love in central midfield with Lang :lol:

Biggest annoyance for me is the embarrassing state of both Ferguson and Gormley. Ferguson was out on his feet ten minutes after coming on and the couple of times he got the ball he just played it backwards as he was too tired to take a man on. Gormley still looks miles overweight and I don't think did a single positive thing. An abysmal attempt to control the ball on his chest led to the corners from which they scored. The goal itself saw Gormley swipe a poor clearance at the near post straight to the edge of the box where it ended up being deflected into the net.

It's just another game where we did some stuff okay but didn't win. Just the same story again; only one player can score a goal and the two new signings don't look like changing that. Three tough games coming up and Munro away back to Forfar. Huge problems obviously.

Finally, I think it's only fair after panning the referee last week that I praise the guy today. Thought he had a great game.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Are we really reduced to the level of scoring a goal against a shite Elgin defence being a positive?

Fucking pathetic from top to bottom.

We will  never be close to that day, because utter hammer thowers and mickey mouse teams like your loltrose annan etc, whose only ambition EVER (loltrose fans look up now, was to ever win a match ever) Would love to be a fly on the wall for your chairmams opening seaason speech, finish 9th x 130 years lol, talk about a total diddy club!!! No ambition ever, seriously whats the point? 

The sheep speak better queens than that pish big man! Guessing it's the usual shite about it being someone's fault apart from the the bang average team! Last season the team you sent up here was a complete unfit mess and quite frankly embarrassing but today it was just a team that had no belief. Just pump it to Goodwillie and pray he does something. The Beath will save you regardless cause they are stunningly bad!

Cheers glad you enjoyed your day v a giant team like us, no doubt all the village turned out for it, come back when you have won anything.......ever, talk about a total irrelevance, 42 clubs sorry bye to diddies like you angus utd etc serve no purpose whatsoever.

Love when 2nd bottom of the entire Scottish league start banging on about winning trophies ( 20/30 years ago). We won the highland league I'll have you know! Does that not count cause it's decades ago!? You are a Pikey club that has no identity just a white elephant of a ground in a council overspill.

7 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Love when 2nd bottom of the entire Scottish league start banging on about winning trophies ( 20/30 years ago). We won the highland league I'll have you know! Does that not count cause it's decades ago!? You are a Pikey club that has no identity just a white elephant of a ground in a council overspill.

Yawn, a bawhair away from spl, beat celtic, took rangers to et all within last 10 years, elgin.......... ehm, f**k all. No ambition thought ever, again what is the point?

Reality check big  man! That team would get beat by most junior teams! I'm sure a cup triumph before you were born is  a nice memory but you have no identity, no home ground ( that isn't a ridiculous white elephant ) no local support and no real hope of promotion  when you consistantly get beat by "diddy" clubs like us!l  

Archived