Elgin Vs Clyde

Important game on Saturday with Cowden also playing Edinburgh something below us has got to give.

Elgin have been in poor form and pumped in their last 3 games.

We seem to have forgotten how to score, 5 games with Goodwillie in the team at this level and no goals is impressively shite.

How do we see this going? Surely it can’t be another 0-0.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

We seem to have forgotten how to score, 

How do we see this going? Surely it can’t be another 0-0.

We can't score either.   However, we're even worse at defending.   It won't be 0-0.

We need players to give so much more than of late.  Too many seem happy to cruise through games.

I want to see all the Elgin players out on their feet at the end win, lose or draw.

2 minutes ago, david spivey said:

Elgin 3 Clyde 1 , Craig Gunn, Hat-Trick, Sorry And Bully Wee I think Elgin,  Well We  think didn't want to have say about and Scorrie Fans, The may have beat Lossiemouth, But I they'll be punching about their weight, Ps: Oh And Keep Out for The Cattachs  And The Cove to win The Highland League And Montrose , And Or Peterhead Or Stenhousemuir  For The S.P.FL. 2 Title!   

Eh??

Elgin 3 Clyde 1 , Craig Gunn, Hat-Trick, Sorry And Bully Wee I think Elgin,  Well We  think didn't want to have say about and Scorrie Fans, The may have beat Lossiemouth, But I they'll be punching about their weight, Ps: Oh And Keep Out for The Cattachs  And The Cove to win The Highland League And Montrose , And Or Peterhead Or Stenhousemuir  For The S.P.FL. 2 Title!   

Somebody want to run this through the Enigma machine?

I'd hope we go back to a back three for this, we didn't look anywhere near as solid with McNiff as a full-back and Munro with more space around him. Cuddihy and Lang in  midfield, Duffie and Lowdon/Stewart as wing-backs. Fergie/Lamont and Love playing either side or behind Goodwillie. Shoot downhill second half. Have a decent gameplan to get the ball into Goodwillie as McGovern has completely closed him off in both games so far.

Last six games (since the last time we played Elgin) we're unbeaten and actually in the top half of form within the division. No wins though. With Stenny, Montrose and Peterhead to follow, this is a massive game and a good chance for three points (but so has been the last five league matches sadly).

I'd hope we go back to a back three for this, we didn't look anywhere near as solid with McNiff as a full-back and Munro with more space around him. Cuddihy and Lang in  midfield, Duffie and Lowdon/Stewart as wing-backs. Fergie/Lamont and Love playing either side or behind Goodwillie. Shoot downhill second half. Have a decent gameplan to get the ball into Goodwillie as McGovern has completely closed him off in both games so far.
Last six games (since the last time we played Elgin) we're unbeaten and actually in the top half of form within the division. No wins though. With Stenny, Montrose and Peterhead to follow, this is a massive game and a good chance for three points (but so has been the last five league matches sadly).

Stewart wasn't even in the squad last
Game and didn't get on the pitch against Berwick, either injured or Lennon doesn't rate him . I think he is a reasonable
If we are to get any thing we need to be a bit more adventurous , it's ok stopping conceeding goals but you need to try and win a game as well
4 tough games coming up we really need to get a win to boost the team and fans morale
13 points worse off than last year and we were still in the Scottish cup
It's shaping up as another relegation dogfight if we don't start winning games
Chairman during the summer asked for us to wait till Xmas to see improvement well there ain't none so far. Let's see where we are end of January will certainly shape the rest of the season

100% not McNiff at full back, not a fan of Duffie either have to say, but no real alternative for Right full back I suppose.  No news on Munro either, although last two games he has been poor, certainly in terms of his distribution.

Gormley not in squad last game..Injured? Wright injured in last game, although no huge loss, Nicol suspended (opinion divided on him.. personally not a fan). So I assume there will be changes in any case but might be quite small squad for Saturday assuming game is on I suppose.

Simply have to get more support for Goodwillie he is badly suffering from constant poor service and isolation up front. Consequently his game has went backwards, although given his ability I'm sure it will suddenly re appear is he gets a goal.  January, as said before, is a big month for us and in all honesty if we don't get some quality into midfield then bottom 2 finish is well and truly on the cards. However as ever money is the issue and more importantly moving on the 6 / 7 duds that Lennon has inherited...big job on his hands!   

100% not McNiff at full back, not a fan of Duffie either have to say, but no real alternative for Right full back I suppose.  No news on Munro either, although last two games he has been poor, certainly in terms of his distribution.
Gormley not in squad last game..Injured? Wright injured in last game, although no huge loss, Nicol suspended (opinion divided on him.. personally not a fan). So I assume there will be changes in any case but might be quite small squad for Saturday assuming game is on I suppose.
Simply have to get more support for Goodwillie he is badly suffering from constant poor service and isolation up front. Consequently his game has went backwards, although given his ability I'm sure it will suddenly re appear is he gets a goal.  January, as said before, is a big month for us and in all honesty if we don't get some quality into midfield then bottom 2 finish is well and truly on the cards. However as ever money is the issue and more importantly moving on the 6 / 7 duds that Lennon has inherited...big job on his hands!   

Well the chairman keeps telling us increased revenue streams, think you will find out budget is nowhere near the third worst in the league (as league position reflects ) it hasn't wasn't spent properly due to a disastrous managerial appointment so no change there 13 points worse off than last year maybe at some point we will get the club run properly as a football club ,

Lennon given time and backing I'm sure would be a success

With a return to colder weather forecast and overnight snow probable on the higher parts of the A9, the journey up for the team could be problematic.

Is the game in any doubt at all?

I usually try to make the trip to Elgin, but definitely body swerving this one, for the above and for footballing reasons.

With a return to colder weather forecast and overnight snow probable on the higher parts of the A9, the journey up for the team could be problematic.
Is the game in any doubt at all?
I usually try to make the trip to Elgin, but definitely body swerving this one, for the above and for footballing reasons.

Wouldn't rely on elgin information they told Stirling the game was on the team bus set out only for it to be called off about an hour later.

Archived