Elgin Vs Clyde

Danny's got a huge job on his hands as this squad is worse than last season.

We've tightened up at the back considerably and have Goodwillie up top but it really doesn't matter who you play in midfield from the current crop as they are all shite.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Apparently Ian black signed for some junior mob.

Tranent.

I was roundly mocked for mentioning his name in the same post as Clyde about four months ago. By the same people who had "some sympathy" for Chapman.

Aye, well. You snooze, you loose. Garcia Tena. Farid El Alagui. Ian Black. Whole host of other lads who could be recovered from the Juniors and would improve-on what we've got.

Of course, it's more important that people's 'P&B Face' remains strong, than that they might admit their error.

Good result for us. Not much in it but we got the bit of luck we needed and hopefully the win will give us a bit of confidence which has been sadly lacking. We knocked it about quite nicely in spells. As the game wore on we increasingly resorted to hitting it long which resulted in it coming straight back. I thought the young centre back looked quite good on first showing. Were still crying out for a striker as starting with two midfielders up front is not the answer. If we could address this position and goalie we would not be too bad. Not anti Watters but he is a bomb scare at the moment! If we had Goodwillie in our team and others playing in their proper positions we would be up there. Wouldn't mind Munro, he is the sort of CH we need. Goodwillie, his miss apart is obviously a class above but he is cutting an increasingly frustrating figure with the lack of quality service he gets.

I know Gormley is a big unit but he must have put on the wrong shorts yesterday, as it is one of the seasons mysteries how they never burst. Finally a word for Clyde Ultra, I remember not that many years ago when Ross County were bottom of the Highland League. A Diddy  team from a small town, but with investment and management even diddy  teams can thrive!

26 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Good result for us. Not much in it but we got the bit of luck we needed and hopefully the win will give us a bit of confidence which has been sadly lacking. We knocked it about quite nicely in spells. As the game wore on we increasingly resorted to hitting it long which resulted in it coming straight back. I thought the young centre back looked quite good on first showing. Were still crying out for a striker as starting with two midfielders up front is not the answer. If we could address this position and goalie we would not be too bad. Not anti Watters but he is a bomb scare at the moment! If we had Goodwillie in our team and others playing in their proper positions we would be up there. Wouldn't mind Munro, he is the sort of CH we need. Goodwillie, his miss apart is obviously a class above but he is cutting an increasingly frustrating figure with the lack of quality service he gets.

I know Gormley is a big unit but he must have put on the wrong shorts yesterday, as it is one of the seasons mysteries how they never burst. Finally a word for Clyde Ultra, I remember not that many years ago when Ross County were bottom of the Highland League. A Diddy  team from a small town, but with investment and management even diddy  teams can thrive!

Absolutely agree with you, full credit to ross county, my entire point was against clubs who clog up the lower leagues with no ambition ever, plodding along for the sake of it, not my idea of fun. I want my club to progress and have some success and im sure that will happen again. Can other clubs say the same? No, because they have no interest or desire to do so.

2 minutes ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Absolutely agree with you, full credit to ross county, my entire point was against clubs who clog up the lower leagues with no ambition ever, plodding along for the sake of it, not my idea of fun. I want my club to progress and have some success and im sure that will happen again. Can other clubs say the same? No, because they have no interest or desire to do so.

Ffs - were second bottom of the pile - we can have no delusions of grandeur against anyone.

As for the game, I reckon a draw would have been a fair result , but all over the park Elgin just wanted it more so no complain with them edging it.

problem we have is that bar 1 or 2 ALL chapman’s signings have not worked and need replaced. Mid season and down at the bottom is not where and when to do it.

Be surprised if Smart, Gormley or Ferguson feature for us again after yesterday.

Dont have as negative an opinion of Cuddihy as others, but he was honking in midfield yesterday.

Only Currie, Home and Goodwillie can consider themselves unlucky to be in a losing team yesterday.

James McFadden has just been released by Queen of the South.

It is a gamble as know doubt these type of players would want a decent wage and for every Mark McLaughlin there is a Jordan McMillan or Ryan Stevenson.

Basically we were less shitier of the two teams and therefore deserved the win. Hopefully we'll continue with a win against Cowdenbeath next week. Surprised that McDonald was our MotM, I'd have named McGovern or Allan.

Things that brightened up the game for me : the comments at the sight of Gormley  in shorts (also the first time I've seen him go a game without landing on his backside) and McNiff's combover.

Spoiler

Take it from me McNiff and Gormley don't need props like comb overs or  extra small shorts to provide comedy for opposition fans unfortunately. 

Not surprised in the least McGovern is still providing quality in midfield, proper player!

Bit harsh on Goodwillie. While he looks to have put on a bit of weight from earlier in season. He is not training full time so would be very difficult for him to remain in same condition no matter how much he tries. Still looked in pretty good nick to me or maybe I'm just comparing him to Gormley!

Bit harsh on Goodwillie. While he looks to have put on a bit of weight from earlier in season. He is not training full time so would be very difficult for him to remain in same condition no matter how much he tries. Still looked in pretty good nick to me or maybe I'm just comparing him to Gormley!
Goodwillie is DGW. Gormley is DG.
Everybody knows that. [emoji1]

5 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Tranent.

I was roundly mocked for mentioning his name in the same post as Clyde about four months ago. By the same people who had "some sympathy" for Chapman.

Aye, well. You snooze, you loose. Garcia Tena. Farid El Alagui. Ian Black. Whole host of other lads who could be recovered from the Juniors and would improve-on what we've got.

Of course, it's more important that people's 'P&B Face' remains strong, than that they might admit their error.

That post doesn't appear to be showing up in the search tab. Neither is there any suggestion of Clyde fans saying it would be a bad signing.

Tena and El alagui have inspired Edinburgh to two wins; one against Cowden and the other against a Berwick side who battered them for 80 minutes. The former suffered a terrible injury and would have been a risky signing (look at how much Lowdon is struggling). The latter trained with them as he lives in Edinburgh. He's also been an injury risk (did he not actually retire at one point?). We didn't miss out on signing either.

Your list of awful junior players was rightly panned at the time by people who had seen them playing at that level. Guys who were good fives years ago are not necessarily good now.

If your point is that there are better players than those who play for Clyde, well that's not a surprise. Or that Chapman's tranfer policy was flawed? You can't simply look at every player who plays for another team and claim we should sign them.

8 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

A Diddy  team from a small town, but with investment and management even diddy  teams can thrive!

There is far more chance of a team from a town the size of Elgin, away from Glasgow, progressing through the leagues than a club from Cumbernauld. I think Elgin are the bigger underachievers to be honest...

Archived