Elgin Vs Clyde

7 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

To all reasonable Clyde fans. I hope you have better luck for the rest of the season but as long as you just pump it up to Goodwillie you will go no-where. He's a quality forward but not that good!

Aye cheers for your advice, away back to tje highland league where you might win something.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers glad you enjoyed your day v a giant team like us, no doubt all the village turned out for it, come back when you have won anything.......ever, talk about a total irrelevance, 42 clubs sorry bye to diddies like you angus utd etc serve no purpose whatsoever.

f**k me. Could you imagine how far ahead an Angus United would be of Clyde, the 4 individual clubs themselves are streets ahead.

If we’re going down the route of merging clubs to cut down numbers you’d be the ones merging with the Colts mate.

Cheers glad you enjoyed your day v a giant team like us, no doubt all the village turned out for it, come back when you have won anything.......ever, talk about a total irrelevance, 42 clubs sorry bye to diddies like you angus utd etc serve no purpose whatsoever.
Lol holy f**k stay off the Bacardi breezers you absolute rocket!
Living in the past....All good memories Celtic etc but time to move on.
How many games have you been to this season?

6 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Love when 2nd bottom of the entire Scottish league start banging on about winning trophies ( 20/30 years ago). We won the highland league I'll have you know! Does that not count cause it's decades ago!? You are a Pikey club that has no identity just a white elephant of a ground in a council overspill.

More like 60-70 years ago they were a decent team doubt if any of the Clyde supporters on here seen any of it which makes their permarage about where they are now all the more baffling and hilarious...Clyde supporters the great entertainers :)

Nothing cheers me up better than a post Saturday defeat rant by one of our fans. Second bottom and shouting? Now how about showing a little bit of dignity? When we are beating "diddy teams", not my choice of words, regularly, sing to the heavens about Clyde, the history, the tradition all you wish! My issue lies with the present and the future. It's 12 years tomorrow since the Celtic game. It's 12 years on 14th February when we were humped 4-0 at Gretna in the next round. Talk us through that one , CLYDE ULTRA. ( and yes. I was there)

Nothing cheers me up better than a post Saturday defeat rant by one of our fans. Second bottom and shouting? Now how about showing a little bit of dignity? When we are beating "diddy teams", not my choice of words, regularly, sing to the heavens about Clyde, the history, the tradition all you wish! My issue lies with the present and the future. It's 12 years tomorrow since the Celtic game. It's 12 years on 14th February when we were humped 4-0 at Gretna in the next round. Talk us through that one , CLYDE ULTRA. ( and yes. I was there)

In the last 12-15 years we have gone from being a fixture in the second tier, being one game away from promotion to the top tier and knocking out Celtic in the Scottish cup; to talking up scoring a goal against Elgin as an achievement and constantly flirting with the bottom end of league 2.

Shambolic, embarrassing, depressing are a few words that spring to mind.

Any competently run side would skoosh this shite league but instead year after year we have become experts at making a right James Hunt of it. We are a laughing stock.

Lennon's put out some bad teams and made some bad in-game decisions over the last two fixtures. However, I'd postpone despair until our January haul is completed; I understand it isn't.

The most we can do - I'll just keep saying it - is pack-out our half with the 5/3-5-2. Keep the clean sheet. Hope we nick one. Fundamentally, it is players we need to change things. If I thought I could put a team out that'd win games, I'd be raging with the stagnancy since Lennon's arrival.

4 hours ago, mo83 said:

Lol holy f**k stay off the Bacardi breezers you absolute rocket!
Living in the past....All good memories Celtic etc but time to move on.
How many games have you been to this season?

Been to majority of games this season.

Simple point i was making was 12 years ago we were within touching distance of spl, and we will be back to that level again soon, can monty, berwick annan etc say that? Ever? Sorry teams like you are happy to plod along basically existing for the sake of it, so i question what is the point of youse? 

Monty 130 years of.......ehm..... chairmans message must be a hoot, finish 9th repeat forever! Tho if your happy with that then carry on.

The reality is the players aren't good enough but until we can shift some of the duds we just need to keep ahead of Cowdenbeath, I hope Lennon can bring in a couple that could see us until the end of the season. I never went yesterday and I'm glad I didn't it's one c**t of a journey back after defeat 

Simple point i was making was 12 years ago we were within touching distance of spl, and we will be back to that level again soon, can monty, berwick annan etc say that? Ever? Sorry teams like you are happy to plod along basically existing for the sake of it, so i question what is the point of youse? 
Monty 130 years of.......ehm..... chairmans message must be a hoot, finish 9th repeat forever! Tho if your happy with that then carry on.
Back to that level soon....really?

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:
5 minutes ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Back to that level soon....really?

Yip without a doubt. 

Simple point i was making was 12 years ago we were within touching distance of spl, and we will be back to that level again soon, can monty, berwick annan etc say that? Ever?

I would love to know what gives you confidence that will happen. A decade in this league now and we have managed two play off finishes. Will take a radical overhaul of the full club (not just players) to achieve anything. Think you have been drinking too much from the ‘river of shite’.

It will be difficult to rid ourselves of the dross when we are still selecting them to play.

Why leave a club when you are playing most weeks?

How the hell has Breslin been selected again?

In addition, Ramsay, Osadolor, Wright, Duffie all play regularly and, in my opinion, will still be there at the end of the window.

Lennon's put out some bad teams and made some bad in-game decisions over the last two fixtures. However, I'd postpone despair until our January haul is completed; I understand it isn't.

The most we can do - I'll just keep saying it - is pack-out our half with the 5/3-5-2. Keep the clean sheet. Hope we nick one. Fundamentally, it is players we need to change things. If I thought I could put a team out that'd win games, I'd be raging with the stagnancy since Lennon's arrival.

Look at it.
Since we got Danny we have
4 points from 5 league games against 3 points from the previous 8 league games.
Surely he hasn’t had enough time to make a significant difference considering the dross he has available.
I personally look forward to better times with him in charge and his ability to get the most out of players.
We all know we need players in who give a shit and rid ourselves of the ones who don’t.
I have faith in him taking us up and out of this arse end of a dug’s league.

Archived