Weegie Overspill v Highland Savages

I had suggested earlier that Baird be rested today - now retract that statement. He was fuckin immense today. Stelios looked a lot more solid and linked up well going forward. McGinn was awesome - lost count of the amount of times he broke up an attack.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t think anyone could top Peter Houston for being a bitter little arshole but John Robertson definitely does.

How he can say any st Mirren couldn’t say caley didn’t deserve something from that game... he’s full of shit we completely dominated 1st half could of easily been out of sight caley done better 2nd half and it was more competitive but we missed up just same amount of chances as caley had in that half over the full 90 mins if we took all our chances and caley took there’s we would of still won comfortably.

Can’t wait for the little runt to get the sack just like Houston

St Mirren have won every game versus caley this season but in wee fat robbo’s own wee world we’ve only won 45 mins

17 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I didn’t think anyone could top Peter Houston for being a bitter little arshole but John Robertson definitely does.

How he can say any st Mirren couldn’t say caley didn’t deserve something from that game... he’s full of shit we completely dominated 1st half could of easily been out of sight caley done better 2nd half and it was more competitive but we missed up just same amount of chances as caley had in that half over the full 90 mins if we took all our chances and caley took there’s we would of still won comfortably.

Can’t wait for the little runt to get the sack just like Houston

St Mirren have won every game versus caley this season but in wee fat robbo’s own wee world we’ve only won 45 mins

My my even when you win your still a sour puss. Your missus must have fun with you at home. Jesus 

My my even when you win your still a sour puss. Your missus must have fun with you at home. Jesus 

I’d be embarrassed to listen to that little w**k every week talk shit at my club having the fans believe his bullshit that didn’t get to see the game.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

I’d be embarrassed to listen to that little w**k every week talk shit at my club having the fans believe his bullshit that didn’t get to see the game.

You do have you heard yourself?

Deserved 3 points in the end although we were under a bit of pressure 2nd half.

Don’t know what Willie Collum seen to disallow our goal in the second half but actually thought he had a rare decent game today.

Jack Baird & McGinn were brilliant today. Reilly took his goal very well too.

Tough venue next Saturday, hopefully another 3 points.

I love how no-one ever mentions Harry Davis , when he is the real reason that we're stretching our lead at the top. Big Baird is reaping the benefit of playing alongside the best defender in the league. The stats back up my argument too , 5 goals conceded in Davis' 9 games , 31 conceded in the 20 games that he hasn't started !

57 minutes ago, billyg said:

I love how no-one ever mentions Harry Davis , when he is the real reason that we're stretching our lead at the top. Big Baird is reaping the benefit of playing alongside the best defender in the league. The stats back up my argument too , 5 goals conceded in Davis' 9 games , 31 conceded in the 20 games that he hasn't started !

Harry Davis is by some distance the best centre back in this division. Cigar was out again today.

8 hours ago, billyg said:

I made this exact point on Black and white army last night. 

Several people were a bit miffed that we'd signed up a player who was recovering from a serious injury. I hope those people now understand exactly why we took that chance and were willing to wait several months for him to get back to fitness. The guy is head and shoulders above anything at this level and makes players who are already decent, better for his presence in the team. 

He's an absolute boss. Intelligent, dominating and never looks like he is under pressure. 

8 hours ago, billyg said:

I think that Davis has rightly got the plaudits since coming into the team and he was excellent again yesterday. I don't think he's gone unmentioned at all.

I agree that Baird has improved further since Davis came in. Baird also deserves a lot of credit this season, he's been virtually ever present and had to partner 4 different centre halves. 

Great first half, struggled a bit in the second. Thought that weird cross-come-shot had gone in before Samson got it away. See it was the same linesman as the Edinburgh derby!

We may be six points clear but United have a game in hand and we still have to go to Tannadice, so using the logic I've seen from some of the Arabs since we beat them we're really only top on goal difference :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Great first half, struggled a bit in the second. Thought that weird cross-come-shot had gone in before Samson got it away. See it was the same linesman as the Edinburgh derby!

We may be six points clear but United have a game in hand and we still have to go to Tannadice, so using the logic I've seen from some of the Arabs since we beat them we're really only top on goal difference :rolleyes:

They'll struggle against Dunfermline and their game in hand is against QOS, so not guaranteed a win there either. January could turn out to be a very pleasing month for the buddies.

Dundee United are bobbins. I've seen us play Saints three times this season now and they are the best side we've come up against. Yesterday was the best we've played in a match against you lot and arguably the poorest you have been and yet we still couldn't beat you or even pick up a point. Whilst I think there may more twists and turns to come in the title race I would say Saints are favourites over United by a fair distance. 

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Dundee United are bobbins. I've seen us play Saints three times this season now and they are the best side we've come up against. Yesterday was the best we've played in a match against you lot and arguably the poorest you have been and yet we still couldn't beat you or even pick up a point. Whilst I think there may more twists and turns to come in the title race I would say Saints are favourites over United by a fair distance. 

I thought we were better yesterday than we were against you in the first game at home.

We completely dominated the first half and should have been a couple in front.

Certainly in the second half it was a different ICT that appeared. Although they had the better of the chances, we still had plenty of chances to score another, and that's not even counting the number of times we got into the box and made an errant pass or passed instead of shooting.

Although our defence is still prone to the odd gift, it's a lot more solid than it was earlier in the season.

Thought there was no foul on Ridgers when he dropped the ball at Smith's feet for the disallowed goal, although from the angle I was at Samson's goal line clearance looked nearer being over the line than not, if you know what I mean.

It was a very entertaining game, so fair play to both teams.

Thought the guy Oakley gave Davis a very tough game.

I also thought Oakley was good. His battle with Davis was an excellent watch. We don't really have a guy like him, he was quick, big and strong and gave Inverness a good option. Don't know if that was a particularly good performance from him and he's normally crap, but he looked very useful on Saturday at least.

Archived