Raith Rovers vs. Forfar Athletic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been the better team by a distance but Forfar look as though they carry half a threat up front. I’m always impressed by Ousman See when I see him, assume he’ll be on at some point to rough Davidson up. We could get another couple here, hopefully another not long after the restart to ease into the latter part of the game.

2 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

Just heading along now. Unlike certain people I attend the games. Enjoy game on rrtv Chris

Ta bill i usually do. so far a decent first half. we are worth our 2-1 lead, now just need 2 more second half to be sure.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, despite missing about 8 good chances in the second half. Really the better team throughout and were never under any prolonged threat; I did think, however, that Forfar looked far from bottom of the league fodder and i'm surprised that they're cut adrift. I think Forfar scored with their only real shot, but even that was a good move and goal, the striker getting across his man and a strong finish into the corner. Perhaps Murray could have done a little more to stop the cross but that may be being harsh. Our first was a great team goal, accurate kicking from Smith out to Buchanan, who was fucking excellent throughout and comfortably my MOM,  who pulled it out the sky and played Matthews in, cut it back for Spence who got across the front post and swept it home first time. Really pleasing to see us score such a slick move. Felt a bit sorry for the trialist at number 3 for Forfar, though I think it's a fair assumption that he won't be signing a contract for Forfar anytime soon - an own goal followed by being hooked at half time. I'd be surprised if he even stayed for the second half.

Zanatta was a real thorn in side of Forfar in the first half in particular. He rinsed the number 2 time after time and he just couldn't cope with his direct running and pace. It's great to see him so full of confidence and running at defenders. I also think he looks a whole lot fitter than when he first joined where he was regularly blowing out his arse within 20 minutes of coming on. Davidson strolled the game - again. He's been absolutely solid since coming back from injury and has formed a good partnership with McKay who is growing in confidence and stature with every passing game. I think it's inevitable that he'll lose his place to Benedictus once he's fit but that's no slight on him, he's done a very good job through a ropey injury period. 

Second half we kicked on and really should have put the game to bed with a few more goals. Buchanan, Spence, Vaughan and Zanatta all guilty of missing chances. Buchanan also denied a clear penalty. As much as I think we should have Vaughan playing much closer to the opposition goal, you can't argue with the results since he's gone in there. Our front two are suddenly looking really dangerous and we're creating so many more chances. Robertson naturally does most of the dirty work and allows Vaughan to do his magic with the ball. There's times I watch him and just enjoy looking at what he does. Seems to always have so much time on the ball and never panics when being closed down. Not often we get a player of that manner and we absolutely should appreciate it whilst we have it.

Great result especially with Ayr shitting the bed again and sets us up perfectly going into next week. All the best to Forfar for the rest of the season, hopefully you can get enough together to pull clear.

Definitely a better performance today than in recent home games and well worth the victory despite close scoreline. As for Forfar, they looked handy enough and I think they may find a way out of bother, especially with Stranraer's current predicament.

Sightly disappointed not to get a look at Hendry today though.

Archived