DFC -vs- DAFC

I'll be going and will of course be paying student price for a ticket. Getting the train through. To the rage of Chicken Wing I got the train to Dumbarton Central for a couple of pints before bumping the train back along to meet up with folk last time I was there. Will do the same again

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It's deceptively far. You see the rock and think "almost there". Then the road keeps going, and going, and going. You should think about relocating somewhere further east. Then there's the whole Dumbarton/Dunbartonshire issue. You do have a drive-thru Costa though. 

You ended up at Gibraltar again? FFS

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'll be going and will of course be paying student price for a ticket. Getting the train through. To the rage of Chicken Wing I got the train to Dumbarton Central for a couple of pints before bumping the train back along to meet up with folk last time I was there. Will do the same again

Assuming you went to the High St for a pint, then it's probably a shorter walk from there to the ground than it is to walk back to Central and then to the ground from East.

The challenge of a train juke is always appealing, right enough.

Scum

2 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Scum

^^^Tears

I see Froxy "won't be considered" tomorrow. The guy can barely string a couple of games together just now without being injured/unfit. His contribution in recent times has been minimal. Disappointing.

With him being out I suspect we may see Handling from the start. Fingers crossed he can show us what he's all about and cement his place in the team. I reckon if he starts we'll see Roy/Seagall and Walsh out wide with Nade up top.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see Froxy "won't be considered" tomorrow. The guy can barely string a couple of games together just now without being injured/unfit. His contribution in recent times has been minimal. Disappointing.

With him being out I suspect we may see Handling from the start. Fingers crossed he can show us what he's all about and cement his place in the team. I reckon if he starts we'll see Roy/Seagall and Walsh out wide with Nade up top.

article-0-0081482500000258-241_224x360.jseagal.jpgkimberley-walsh-001.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKhI8awZx8hUbvfAE13ke

And folk moan about paying £20 to get in to see Dumbarton? 

AJ doesn't like to change a winning team, so will be interested if the Captain makes it back in. My gut feeling is that Morris will play ahead of Jock M'Voto. Robinson will keep his place, even if Murdoch is back fit I reckon.

If it was up to me, I'd go with the same starting 11 as last week. Clark & McManus were both excellent  with Joe supporting, they should cause Dumbarton problems. Morris can wait his turn on the bench.

For the first time since about September, I'm feeling confident about tomorrow. Which means 3-0 Dumbarton probably!

I see Froxy "won't be considered" tomorrow. The guy can barely string a couple of games together just now without being injured/unfit. His contribution in recent times has been minimal.

He's been a big disappointment after being so impressive when he first came to us. I dont know if its a greek characteristic (trying to be careful here) but he seems quite sullen and moody and I'm not convinced he's settled in.

2 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

He's been a big disappointment after being so impressive when he first came to us. I dont know if its a greek characteristic (trying to be careful here) but he seems quite sullen and moody and I'm not convinced he's settled in.

:lol: 

I can see why you'd think that based on his manner on the pitch but he seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself here based on his Instagram. Could just be a front I suppose.

He seems to have real fitness issues, not just with injuries but with his fitness in general. He actually seems to have regressed in that sense since he joined us.

Again a point here would be exceptional.Pars are one of the strongest teams in the league and we have been their bitches up to now.A scrappy nil nil draw would do me fine until we can get some players back and some new ones in.

2 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Chucking crockery into fireplaces and that?

I just think Froxy is injury prone to be honest. He hadn't actually played a great deal of football in his career up until he joined us, and injuries might explain why he hasn't fulfilled his early potential at AEK.

It's a shame because he's a fantastic player when he's fit, it would just appear that, that's only for a few games every three months or so.

2 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Froxy out Faddy in! 

Archived