DFC -vs- DAFC

8 minutes ago, smpar said:

Wullie Gibson was a right fud but the c**t didn't do tap-ins himself. He was pretty reliable at set-pieces too, that's something we're missing just now. 

I remember him once hitting a shot from about 35-40 yards out, hitting the bar a bouncing over the line and coming back out to mcdougall who put it in the net.  He spent about 10 minutes following the ref around trying to get him to put it down as his goal.  Ref gave it to mcdougall and he was far from happy.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry Nic goals that spring to mind...

Archie Gemmill.
Own goals against Dundee.
V Hearts Hay's first win at home
V Hibs in Leishmans last game
V Portsmouth as Shandon says, screamer
V Hibs at the Norrie end, 3-1 I think. Volleyed it straight above the goalie... Caig?
V Celtic away 2004, beat them on title day before the cup final.
V Partick away same cup run. Missed a penalty late on!
V Celtic at home 2-2 cup game. Skerla scored same day

Just now, parsforlife said:

I remember him once hitting a shot from about 35-40 yards out, hitting the bar a bouncing over the line and coming back out to mcdougall who put it in the net.  He spent about 10 minutes following the ref around trying to get him to put it down as his goal.  Ref gave it to mcdougall and he was far from happy.

I can vaguely remember that but can't picture it. Peak Wullie Gibson though. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Rob Maclean was doing open all mics and just described it as a typical Joe Cardle goal. It wasn't being disrespectful - you just know what to expect when Cardle scores. Can't think of another Par (maybe Kozma or Stevie Morrison) with a better screamer-to-goal ratio. He has scored 40-odd goals for us and most of them must have been some variation of that strike on Saturday. 

54 to be precise

His goals are good but his pass to El Bak in the home game v Ross County is one of the best I've ever seen in football. In the left back area he bends the ball up the line with the outside of his right foot, leaving El B with the simple task of putting the County defence on their arses and smashing the ball home. 

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

His goals are good but his pass to El Bak in the home game v Ross County is one of the best I've ever seen in football. In the left back area he bends the ball up the line with the outside of his right foot, leaving El B with the simple task of putting the County defence on their arses and smashing the ball home. 

Aye that was a piece of sheer quality. Although bringing up that game is quite tough since we should have won by about 3, and best not to get started on Brian fucking Graham.

19 hours ago, Rangeman said:

not winding anyone up , just say it as I see it ,it’s called a democracy.

Just coming out of lurker status to say; I don't think you know what democracy means.

Aye that was a piece of sheer quality. Although bringing up that game is quite tough since we should have won by about 3, and best not to get started on Brian fucking Graham.

Left back up the pitch. Striker spots this. Coincidence? Then elbowed in the face while looking straight at Talbot. Talbot lying on the ground. Stop for head knock? Nope. Then penalty.
Best referee ever.

30 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

To the Pars supporter who went up the road with our remote for the telly, fair play to you for posting it back down to us emoji106.pngemoji23.png

@Shandon Par's burd just needed the batteries. Hence the return of the remote control. 

Archived