DFC -vs- DAFC

5 hours ago, ExxyJj said:

BMMMH here to cheer on the Pars :thumsup2

What?! Where was he? Did he climb a drainpipe to gain entry?

5 hours ago, smpar said:

Could w**k myself to death over that goal. The pass from Shiels is something Zidane could only dream of.

I'm actually suffering from dehydration such my ejaculation

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was frustrating. Second-half we were about a million times better than in the first, yet I still didn't ever feel like we'd score today. It's the best The Prince has played for a good wee while, but even he seemed to just melt when he got into the penalty box. We're looking like a team who've scored one goal scored since Aitken got Manager of the Month, and that came in a 4-1 defeat at the moment.

Fair play to Dill who was apparently playing through injury today, I've no idea what the extent of Dowie's injury is, but he's a hard guy who wouldn't be likely to go off unless he really had to. That's another couple of worries to add to the ever growing injury list.

The Pars being able to bring Andy Ryan and Callum Smith on for Nicky Clark and Declan McManus, whilst we used Greg Morrison and a 60% fit Christian Nade. Not jealous. Nope. Not. At. All

Spoiler

Plz let us borrow Ryan for the remainder of the season, we've given you loads of points xxxxxxx

After the first 10 minutes it looked like we were going to either win by 4 or 5, or huff and puff for 90 minutes and get nothing. Dumbarton then made a game of it but didn’t really look to much, the service to Morrison was very poor, Ashcroft and M’Voto probably won’t have an easier half of football in their careers. Morrison getting hooked at HT was the right call as far as Dumbarton are concerned.

Second half was a lot scrappier, we should have been able to kill the game off but were surprisingly terrible on the break at times, we had a few opportunities to hit them on the counter with 4-6 players going forward but made f**k all apart from Ryan’s chance that hit the post.

A deserved 3 points in the end but a draw wouldn’t have been completely unfair, Dumbarton had some pretty decent chances from around 75 minutes onwards.

Hard to pick a MOTM. Probably Shiels based on his tremendous first half and the pass to Cardle for the goal alone, but his second half was pretty dire. Paton also looked nice and composed on the ball but his deliveries were shocking.

Here’s another one for Moonster to add to the list of ‘Why Away Games at Dumbarton (in the winter) are Shite’; the floodlights are fucking awful and barely lit the pitch at all.

Last thoughts on the game: that has to be one of the easiest games to officiate, and Beaton was still shite.

Well done to the ground staff for getting the pitch into reasonable condition for the start of the game. The drainage obviously isn't great, and a lot of effort had obviously gone into it; you could see in the second half what a hammering that pitch must be taking every time there's a game after a few wet days, and that patch beyond the centre circle towards the far side must cause them a lot of difficulty.

We were well on top in the first half without having many decent chances, so it was just as well we scored a beautiful goal. Cardle's finish was very good, but the ball through from Shiels was outstanding. We were generally quite poor in the second half with Dumbarton on top, but we defended pretty well enough and weren't seriously threatened. If we were going to lose a goal then a shot from the edge of the box was the most likely. Not a great game, but we did enough and I think deserved to win, tight though it was.

Our away record against Dumbarton is ridiculously good. I know there haven't been that many games between the sides in the last 20 years or so, but since 1995 I can only remember one draw (2-2 last season) with the rest being wins. The unbeaten run must go away back to the 80s, and it's an odd one as many sides better than us have struggled at that ground in recent years.

Our biggest issue is that we lacked a bit of quality in the end. We had the bulk of the play in the 2nd half (after a shocking 1st) and just never looked like we were going to score. It really just emphasised our lack of quality and killer instinct in the final third of the park.

To be honest, I kinda wished we could have equalised in the last 5 just to even things up after the last game at EEP. But we didn't have Froxy to ping one in - albeit that was the last decent contribution he made in a sons shirt.

1 hour ago, Socks said:

Well done to the ground staff for getting the pitch into reasonable condition for the start of the game. The drainage obviously isn't great, and a lot of effort had obviously gone into it; you could see in the second half what a hammering that pitch must be taking every time there's a game after a few wet days, and that patch beyond the centre circle towards the far side must cause them a lot of difficulty.

We were well on top in the first half without having many decent chances, so it was just as well we scored a beautiful goal. Cardle's finish was very good, but the ball through from Shiels was outstanding. We were generally quite poor in the second half with Dumbarton on top, but we defended pretty well enough and weren't seriously threatened. If we were going to lose a goal then a shot from the edge of the box was the most likely. Not a great game, but we did enough and I think deserved to win, tight though it was.

Our away record against Dumbarton is ridiculously good. I know there haven't been that many games between the sides in the last 20 years or so, but since 1995 I can only remember one draw (2-2 last season) with the rest being wins. The unbeaten run must go away back to the 80s, and it's an odd one as many sides better than us have struggled at that ground in recent years.

Pretty certain we've never lost at this stadium (i.e ever since Dumbarton left Boghead)

Pretty certain we've never lost at this stadium (i.e ever since Dumbarton left Boghead)

That’s at least my fourth visit and I don’t think I’ve seen us even concede at Dumbarton.

I saw a 2-2 draw last season

Just had a quick glance at past meetings and I’m sure I was at the second away game against Dumbarton in 2012/13, which was incidentally played on the 5th January and we won 1-0. Andy Barrowman scored on the first minute.

I was also at the 5-0 Cup game c.2009 and last season’s 2-0 game.

Up until the last few weeks I've been thinking we just need a new striker. We do need a new striker but that's not going to solve the sheer inability to create anything in the final third.

Gallagher and Wilson simply aren't good enough for this level, certainly not as starters. Walsh was in fine form playing through the middle and all of a sudden we've decided to shunt him back out wide. I understand injuries had a big part to play in that yesterday but there have been other games recently where Stevie wasn't forced into it.

This may sound harsh, especially after only getting 30 mins yesterday, but Handling looks like an absolute shitebag. He ducks and dives from everything. Not convinced.

A new winger and striker is the absolute minimum required IMO.

Found it astonishing that Morrison, Gallagher & Johnston (sub obviously) started ahead of Ally Roy yesterday. They offer zilch, nothing, f£#k all.

Roy's opening goal v Livi the other week showed he has something to offer in attack.

Same with big Nade, 2nd half we played so much better after his introduction.

Handling?? Don't get the hype over him.

A point was there for the taking.

Some strike from Cardle though.

Think Roy may have been injured hence reason he didn’t even come off bench. 

For me Walsh and carsewell decent enough . Dowie hill and dick ok. The rest a level below championship . 

I said after st mirren away we would hit a bad spell and this is it . How quick we come  out of it is crucial and who we can bring in??? To assist . 

How we have played in last 3 hope games is what I thought we would be at start of season. It’s just we played a bit better Oct/nov time much to my delight. 

Who knows we can still rescue it 

Dumbarton's last home win against Dunfermline was 18 games ago in 1981!

Something I forgot to add earlier, it's nice to have a LB with a long throw that we can not use again. Brings me back to the glory days of Scott Linton hurtling balls into unchallenged goalkeepers' gloves.

Stevies video post game yesterday said both Dougie Hill and Ally Roy werent fit. That could be why Roy didnt feature.

Great goal from Cardle and pass from Shields. The pass came from that far within the dunfermline half, you could excuse Shields not being under pressure when he plays it.

Thought the two defences were well on top, unsurprisingly it was one of Dunfermlines potential match winners who settles it.

Thought Handling looked ok when he came on, happy to take the ball under pressure and didnt give it away much (that I remember). Carswell and Wilson seemed to do better for him coming on too.

I'd have given motm to Hill or Dick who was pretty solid.

19 hours ago, Rangeman said:

I thought we had a great result last week as I said players were not well but played and would have kept the same team I just think we’ve handed mr Johnston a easy game now as we have shown to have put out a defensive line up  and I only say the truth ayecnever slated Tom Walsh who hasn’t kicked a ball for us since he’s heard he’s going to lnverness livi and Dundee Utd   but hope I’m wrong 08 A’s I can’t see a result from this line up and ile agree to disagree with you on front to me he’s to lazy he fell about Palmerston all of last week to every fans dismay 

You're an absolute weapon.

Archived