DFC -vs- DAFC

No team scored more goals against us in 2017 than Dunfermline Athletic and we've been pretty poor at home so far this season, however three points could help to dump Falkirk in the playoffs - so I'm hopeful that the Pars might be up for rolling over in this.

Signing a striker before Saturday would be nice. If not I'd imagine we'll probably stick with the same team that played at Palmerston, although I wouldn't be against bringing in Danny Handling for Ally Roy - and moving Froxy out wide.

I'd probably take another draw tbh.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did Handling look yesterday? I know he wasn't on long against Livi but he seemed quite far off the pace. I'm also not sure Stevie will risk him from the start just now.

I never feel confident playing the Pars, their style seems to work well against us. No doubt we need to start picking up wins though, 17 games left and we need to match our current point total from 19 games to be sure of safety (IMO).

Pleasing to hear Stevie say he was looking at bringing in a couple of attacking players. Looks like Roy and Morrison will go back to their clubs so we need at least 1 striker and someone who can play wide. Still feel we haven't been able to play/haven't worked out the best combination of the attacking 4 we play with. It'd be nice to see that take shape by the end of January.

Just now, The Moonster said:

How did Handling look yesterday? I know he wasn't on long against Livi but he seemed quite far off the pace. I'm also not sure Stevie will risk him from the start just now.

I never feel confident playing the Pars, their style seems to work well against us. No doubt we need to start picking up wins though, 17 games left and we need to match our current point total from 19 games to be sure of safety (IMO).

Pleasing to hear Stevie say he was looking at bringing in a couple of attacking players. Looks like Roy and Morrison will go back to their clubs so we need at least 1 striker and someone who can play wide. Still feel we haven't been able to play/haven't worked out the best combination of the attacking 4 we play with. It'd be nice to see that take shape by the end of January.

It's the sharpest I've seen him, not that, that's saying much to be fair. He zipped off a few lovely, quick one touch passes and dropped into the gap between the midfield two and Morrison/Nade quite nicely.  Got himself into a couple of good positions around the edge of the box too before being crowded out. The only worry was that he jumped out of a tackle though, although given his injury record I guess that's understandable.

I'd like to see him given 60 minutes or so, and then bring Roy on (assuming his deal isn't up) to get at them with a bit of pace.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's the sharpest I've seen him, not that, that's saying much to be fair. He zipped off a few lovely, quick one touch passes and dropped into the gap between the midfield two and Morrison/Nade quite nicely.  Got himself into a couple of good positions around the edge of the box too before being crowded out. The only worry was that he jumped out of a tackle though, although given his injury record I guess that's understandable.

I'd like to see him given 60 minutes or so, and then bring Roy on (assuming his deal isn't up) to get at them with a bit of pace.

Good to hear. I'm okay with him shirking tackles right now, he obviously doesn't want to damage his knee again so early and we need his creative ability more than his tackling ability. 

I'm shocked you don't know when Roy/Morrison's deals are up  :P (I don't know either btw).

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Good to hear. I'm okay with him shirking tackles right now, he obviously doesn't want to damage his knee again so early and we need his creative ability more than his tackling ability. 

I'm shocked you don't know when Roy/Morrison's deals are up  :P (I don't know either btw).

I looked it up a while back, and I think it's about the 12th or something. I'm at that stage where I've no idea what day it is at the moment though, so I've no idea when that is :lol:

Edit: Morrison 7/1 - Roy 14/1 according to Transfermarkt

39 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

No team scored more goals against us in 2017 than Dunfermline Athletic and we've been pretty poor at home so far this season, however three points could help to dump Falkirk in the playoffs - so I'm hopeful that the Pars might be up for rolling over in this.

There's nothing we can't overcome here with a well-stuffed brown envelope. Here's to many more years of DFC in The Championship. 

20 quid.

There is some deal on for the kids during the winter break but I couldn't tell you the prices. All the clubs in the Championship are offering it.

Bringing a few younger ones along (both 17 years old), how much would that be, going by your pricing? Are they thought of as adults?

Bringing a few younger ones along (both 17 years old), how much would that be, going by your pricing? Are they thought of as adults?

Students, under 16s and over 65 count as concessions according to our website so if they don't have student cards you'd be as well getting them to shave off the bum fluff and claim they are under 16. Or dye their hair grey and claim they are over 65. I'd go with the latter.

When the lineups were announced yesterday there were probably not many Pars expecting to be arguing for the Mighty M'Voto and not-at-all ropey Robinson to keep their places in defence and goals. First clean sheet in ages means a selection dilemma for AJ. I'd be happy to see us with the same lineup and general approach again. We defended in numbers and relied on Clark, Cardle and McManus to make things happen. Not convinced Clark and McManus are a natural pairing but you can't argue with your two strikers scoring in a 2-0 win and and assist from Cardle. 

We'll probably get pumped. 

Difficult to argue for any changes on Saturday unless someone picked up a knock. Feared the worst when I saw Robinson and M'Voto in the line-up but they were both excellent.

Unless we're selling Smith and are scared of him getting injured then I can't understand why he's not even getting off the bench in recent weeks. Was so bright and pacy earlier in the season and deserves more of a chance. That being said, McManus is good and Clark has three in his last five. Then we have the strange case of Andy Ryan; why did we spend money on a striker and then barely play him?

Dumbarton are my second favourite team in the league and if we had to lose to someone, I'd prefer it was to them. We need the points though, so another win would be just lovely.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Difficult to argue for any changes on Saturday unless someone picked up a knock. Feared the worst when I saw Robinson and M'Voto in the line-up but they were both excellent.

Unless we're selling Smith and are scared of him getting injured then I can't understand why he's not even getting off the bench in recent weeks. Was so bright and pacy earlier in the season and deserves more of a chance. That being said, McManus is good and Clark has three in his last five. Then we have the strange case of Andy Ryan; why did we spend money on a striker and then barely play him?

Dumbarton are my second favourite team in the league and if we had to lose to someone, I'd prefer it was to them. We need the points though, so another win would be just lovely.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Cardle and Clark are both fit. Both like scoring against Dumbarton. Keep strong at the back, with M’Voto and Morris and let those 2 and McManus do the rest.

We look a lot more solid with our recent 4-3-3 formation, bulking us up in the middle of the park a bit. Morris for Ashcroft would be my only change from yesterday’s team, assuming there’s no illness/injuries. Would hope to see Aird coming off the bench at some point as well. Seems to have a good impact as a sub, with his pace up against tired defences.

Also a mention for Michael Paton - he’s been a real steady, calming influence in our midfield recently. Would be one of the first names on my team sheet. After his injury troubles last season, it’s pleasing to see him back to his best.

Although I make this sound like a straight-forward win, I know it won’t be. Dumbarton are always well organised and should have beaten us at East End. I’m confident of a win, but it will be tough. Any sign of weakness/complacency and Dumbarton will take advantage. The speed of their breakaways and quality on the ball really impressed me at East End. As soon as they lost the ball, everyone was sprinting back into position as well. Made it very difficult for us.

Got a soft spot for Dumbarton, as I always like to see ‘smaller’ teams punching above their weight. Absolutely no disrespect intended with that comment, by the way. Based on budget, they have no right to compete against most teams in this league, but have consistently done this for 5 and a half (I think?) seasons now. Under a few different managers as well. Very impressive, and I don’t think they get the credit that they deserve!

I like Dumbarton too. Well run club. 

Think we should start with the same 11 as yesterday. I don't know how Morris would take it but tbh he's been a little ropey at times lately.

Big Jean is just a machine and if you play him in the right way how can you defend against him? Would like to see more of Aird and Ryan who have done well when given a chance this season.

Just hope we can make a good start, also can you please put foxywotsit on the bench again please?

I'm hearing plenty Pars fans are giving this one a miss due to  costs? I'm told it's £22 for this game? Add in cost of travel, food, drinks,  then the bloody traffic it makes it quite a costly time consuming game. 

19 minutes ago, P475 said:

I'm hearing plenty Pars fans are giving this one a miss due to  costs? I'm told it's £22 for this game? Add in cost of travel, food, drinks,  then the bloody traffic it makes it quite a costly time consuming game. 

Absolutely no chance I'm going. Far too much to even consider just after Christmas/New Year. 

I'll be at the United game and that's me until mid-Feb.

Archived