Livi Lions v Doonhamers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another big game for both clubs, as the opening post says, only 3 points seperate the teams and a win for us will put a wee bit of breathing space between us and the chasing pack. 

I have to admit I’ve not been overly impressed by Queen’s this season, the first game I felt we should’ve won comfortably and we did win comfortably in the away game, they can obviously play a bit though and with Dobbie up top have the best striker in the division. 

This is a big quarter for us, likelyhood is we are going to have 7 home games with the two postponed games likely to be rearranged thrown in, if we come out of the next 9 games still in the top 4 then we may just finish the job. 

Be interesting to see how we line up for this, squad is pretty depleted with injuries, Penrice last game before heading back to Partick Thistle if he is fit, Boyd out too so not many options to choose from, and I think Gallagher might also be suspended for this game ?

So unless we bring someone in I can see big Toddy going to centre back for this :- 

Alexander, Longridge, Lithgow, Halkett, Todorov, Mullin, Pittman, Byrne, Penrice/Jacobs (if fit), De Vita/Robinson, Mackin. 

I've been wondering about that too, not seen McMillan in the team sheet for ages, last I heard he was back fit after being injured and had a few reserve team games for Motherwell, we could do with Ross Brown back playing too, he was training with us again after his injury but was a bit further away from being fully fit than Robinson, can't be far away now though.

Might be too much for Rafa to start this one after playing on Tues, so Robinson could start, thought Penrice was already away back to Partick Th so great if he is still here and able to play, esp if Keaghan is out injured from the Dumbarton game. 

We can't really afford to lose this game so a draw would at least keep them from catching us up, hopefully we can get all 3 points though, will be good going to a home game, almost forgotten what it is like. 

I have to admit I’ve not been overly impressed by Queen’s this season... 

You're not the only one. At least you only have to watch us a maximum of 4 times.

3-1 Livi. Naysmith doesn't have the budget available to be able to get any more than 1 point from 3 games in a week.

Goes without saying, but if our aspirations are genuinely now aiming for a top four place then we need to be winning games like this. As above, except for 15 minutes in the game at Almondvale, wasn’t impressed with Queens at all. Couldn’t make the game at Palmerston but by all accounts, it was a deserved win for ourselves. Hard to count them out bearing in mind they have Dobbie up front, though... Will we have a new striker in in time for this?

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Goes without saying, but if our aspirations are genuinely now aiming for a top four place then we need to be winning games like this. As above, except for 15 minutes in the game at Almondvale, wasn’t impressed with Queens at all. Couldn’t make the game at Palmerston but by all accounts, it was a deserved win for ourselves. Hard to count them out bearing in mind they have Dobbie up front, though... Will we have a new striker in in time for this?

Couldn't blame you. The home game with Livi was our worst game of the season and to be honest, apart from about 15 - 20 minutes in the middle of the second half, the away game isn't far away from being next worst.

Games against Livi are definitely in the "must do better" category.

Just now, Afro said:

Yeah but it feels a bit surreal this season, the last time we played in the Championship the teams that fell into that category were Alloa and Dumbarton, for us to stay up. Now we're talking about  QoS, Morton and Dunfermline for the teams we need to beat if we want to stay in the top 4, what a season we're having.

Dobbie is a fantastic player but it is Lyle that worries me more, esp when he comes off the bench, just knew he'd score against us in that first game. Wouldn't surprise me if this is another 2-2 draw, we've had a few of those results at home when playing QoS

9 hours ago, NOTS said:

3rd v 6th.....

Three points between 3rd and 6th.....

Will Queens close the gap to Livingston and perhaps climb above Morton or Dunfermline or fall further down the league?

Easy home win for Livi  our form is very poor now can't score and conceding goals easily .Livi will get a goal from a corner or free kick.Livi up and at them way they play will be to much for us .

12 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think this game might make it if the pitch is not waterlogged. A win would be welcome after Carrick's last minute miss in Inverness.

His Uncle is a Queens fan.

Adults - £18 

Concessions (Students & over 65s) - £12 

16-12 - £5 

under 12s - Free with a paying adult 

Tbh I don’t really understand why the SPFL didn’t make it all under 16s with an adult instead of under 12s, it also seems odd to limit it to one paying adult allows only one under 12, just make it unlimited surely ?  personally would’ve liked to have seen the club just do that of our own back. 

So quiet on this thread, take it the game is still on.

Our away form is slightly better than our home and Livi's home form is not as good as their away. Here's hoping for a win, 2-1 Queens, Sir Stephen and Del.

Archived