Saturday brings a chance to avenge the most spineless, shiftless pile of shite witnessed for many a year last time out at Tannadice. In the last week we have seen a glorious return to form swiftly followed by a slightly lacklustre defeat at Dunfermline. 3 new players at the very least will likely be in the starting lineup and potentially more to come between now and then. 

Who will be in? Who will be out? Will anyone shake it all about?

After his performance yesterday I do hope Reghan Tumilty is still with us but there were rumours of another RB waiting in the wings. Personally I am hoping for another attacking player to come in, and much as I never thought I would say this, can we afford to lose Longridge at this moment?

I think at home, and with another week for the new lads to settle in we can look to match Utd, as I believe they maybe aren't quite as buoyant as they were, and we are certainly not as shite as when they demolished us up there in Laszlos first game.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Saturday brings a chance to avenge the most spineless, shiftless pile of shite witnessed for many a year last time out at Tannadice. In the last week we have seen a glorious return to form swiftly followed by a slightly lacklustre defeat at Dunfermline. 3 new players at the very least will likely be in the starting lineup and potentially more to come between now and then. 

After his performance yesterday I do hope Reghan Tumilty is still with us but there were rumours of another RB waiting in the wings. Personally I am hoping for another attacking player to come in, and much as I never thought I would say this, can we afford to lose Longridge at this moment?

I think at home, and with another week for the new lads to settle in we can look to match Utd, as I believe they maybe aren't quite as buoyant as they were, and we are certainly not as shite as when they demolished us up there in Laszlos first game.

I think we definitely need another striker. Longridge, Loy and from what I've seen of Nelson all seem to fit the second striker role. They're happy to drop to the wings or drop deep for the ball, we need someone with more predatory instincts. If we got that striker in then I'm not sure how much we'd miss Longridge with Loy and Nelson there to fill in and Hippo to come back.

I think Tumilty has got better each time I've seen him and along with Sibbald was our best player yesterday.  Team looked a lot more balanced than previous weeks once they settled into the game but ultimately weren't quick enough attacking (which you could say about the past 3 seasons).

I'd probably go for the same starting lineup in the hope that they click a bit more than yesterday. The big question is whether to stick with Mutch who was very poor yesterday and showed that at the age of 19 he's probably not ready for this level.   Muirhead is another one who's probably lucky we don't have a better option about.

Edited by ilostmyself

Is Longridge not away back to Hamilton now? I would've thought that if he was signing back on we'd have heard.  I would expect someone else in to replace him before Saturday to be honest. I'm not so sure about Tumulty. He's a very frustrating player although you cant fault his effort.  Beats the dunfermline man out wide then sprints into the box and fails  miserably to get the easy pass off to the runner coming in.  We need to sort the midfield out from the start this time. No point having taiwo at inside right for instance . He either plays in front of the back 4 or nowhere for me. We were all over the place with Taiwo there and welsh in front of the back 4. 

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think we definitely need another striker. Longridge, Loy and from what I've seen of Nelson all seem to fit the second striker role. They're happy to drop to the wings or drop deep for the ball, we need someone with more predatory instincts. If we got that striker in then I'm not sure how much we'd miss Longridge with Loy and Nelson there to fill in and Hippo to come back.

I think Tumilty has got better each time I've seen him and along with Sibbald was our best player yesterday.  Team looked a lot more balanced than previous weeks once they settled into the game but ultimately weren't quick enough attacking (which you could say about the past 3 seasons).

I'd probably go for the same starting lineup in the hope that they click a bit more than yesterday. The big question is whether to stick with Mutch who was very poor yesterday and showed that at the age of 19 he's probably not ready for this level.   Muirhead is another one who's probably lucky we don't have a better option about.

Much though I enjoyed seeing you lose it was painful watching Falkirk attack. Every time you had a chance to zip the ball to an attacker your players would wait, check back and play the ball sideways. Credit to Falkirk that they still created chances despite having to pass the ball through 10 Pars players but it's all so one-paced. 

Good to hear Tumilty has been doing well.  There hasn't been a word in the press from our end of the country as to what will happen.  County really need the numbers in defence, but to be honest Owen Coyle is more likely to sign two or three senior defenders than recall Tumilty to the first team.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not sold on tumilty really, his header played in dunfermline for their first goal and his final ball was pish all day. Along with Longridge he is a player I dont think we would miss if we got someone with actual quality in.

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Much though I enjoyed seeing you lose it was painful watching Falkirk attack. Every time you had a chance to zip the ball to an attacker your players would wait, check back and play the ball sideways. Credit to Falkirk that they still created chances despite having to pass the ball through 10 Pars players but it's all so one-paced. 

This. (Not the seeing us lose part obviously)

Edited by Reggie Perrin

I’ll be trying to watch this on Falkirk FC TV.  I say trying because I’ve had a poor success rate in the past including Dunfermline and our own whilst out of the country.

I will try to register on Friday to avoid the f**k in that I had with the Pars one previously,

Are Joe McKee or O'Hara back for this? Don't expect either to start but I'm just after options on the bench that don't include Alex Harris.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Are Joe McKee or O'Hara back for this? Don't expect either to start but I'm just after options on the bench that don't include Alex Harris.

I count 4 games that McKee's missed so he should be back and I'm sure that both were due to return v Dunfermline so O'Hara should be available too?

Which particular disability will the Falkirk fans be mocking on Saturday? Just so I know what to bring with me.

26 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Which particular disability will the Falkirk fans be mocking on Saturday? Just so I know what to bring with me.

Give us an idea of the particular disability that you have then. 

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Give us an idea of the particular disability that you have then. 

Incurable charm and charisma...... 8)

Incurable charm and charisma...... 8)

Away ya fucking charismatic c**t

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Westquarter Tam on a more old school jovial manner.

I honestly dong know what to think of this game, didn't think Welsh brought much in midfield in an area we need more creativity.

The following is highly controversial:

Do any Bairns think that in a midfield 5, containing Sibbald and Taiwo, Joe McKee could potentially go back to being the (too rarely seen) guy who drives forward and goes past the forwards?

(Please don't bully me, I am only asking)

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The following is highly controversial:

Do any Bairns think that in a midfield 5, containing Sibbald and Taiwo, Joe McKee could potentially go back to being the (too rarely seen) guy who drives forward and goes past the forwards?

(Please don't bully me, I am only asking)

Aye, I think that could work. I think McKee is better when not given too much responsibility and maybe a wee bit of a freer role. Would mean Welsh dropping out though.