Ayr vs Arbroath

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

We've achieved nothing to this point.

Regards budget, the board backed McCall with full time football, the funds to retain prize assets Crawford and Docherty, the funds to sign quality players like Moffat and Moore, the funds to keep Shankland when there was plenty of interest in him not to mention the funds to recruit Bell due to our injury problems.  I don't see that McCall can ask much more.  It was he who put his faith in an untried keeper and chose to build a defence around Rose who did nothing last season to suggest he was good enough.  Raith have had injuries too, but they've kept their heads down and worked through it.  We've just chucked it completely.  The same as we did 2 seasons ago and in the 2nd half of last season too.  Conclusion?

Spot on regarding injuries! Personally I think McCall is making excuses regarding injuries etc . As I’ve stated previously we are missing our 1st and 2nd choice goalies , left back Kevin McHattie, CH Kyle Benedictus , Winger bobby Barr, CM  John Herron who made the bench on Saturday after a month out , Ian Davidson on / off for a month and playing an 19year old at CH and a 19 year old Left Back. But your right we have just got our heads down and got on with it.

I still don’t think it’s over by a long way however I think Higgins could be a big miss  for Ayr and if any of your front players get injured/ suspended it could make things very interesting. 

Even if Jordan Hart hadn't suffered an absolutely inexplicable head's gone with 2 minutes to go and we'd came away with a point, it would still have been utter dross. An absolutely shambolic second half with cavemen such as Craig Reid just belting the ball 50 feet in the air and consistent passes to nobody, it was embarrassing to watch.  

Honourable mention to Ian McCall who decided that playing with nobody whatsoever on the right wing was a shrewd tactical move. The title is not gone by any means but holy f*** this team need to waken up.

52 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Even if Jordan Hart hadn't suffered an absolutely inexplicable head's gone with 2 minutes to go and we'd came away with a point, it would still have been utter dross. An absolutely shambolic second half with cavemen such as Craig Reid just belting the ball 50 feet in the air and consistent passes to nobody, it was embarrassing to watch.  

Honourable mention to Ian McCall who decided that playing with nobody whatsoever on the right wing was a shrewd tactical move. The title is not gone by any means but holy f*** this team need to waken up.

:thumsup2

I don't think you can really blame that on Reid - he'll happily play a pass but there was literally no one to pass to. As you say there was no one out wide right - Adams isn't the type to take it in and dictate (another reason why he should have moved to CH) while Faulds was pretty awful (obv unfair to judge him just on that appearance though)

Archived