ML5 v ML6

3 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Maybe it was emoji6.png

Looking at the highlights, there's been far busier days a Cliftonhill when the attendance has been about the 1200 mark. 

Looked to be two fairly evenly matched teams. Some occasional nice trickery from Furtado, but I still can't appreciate what Kieran MacDonald brings in terms of defence. Yes he's a lot of energy and can burst up the wing. He's never a defender though. I think it's him that dives in to a nonsense tackle in the lead up to their first.

All that said, it didn't look as bad as some of the reaction on twitter, quite entertaining despite the quagmire.......or maybe that's a credit to the  skills of the highlights package  editor!

2 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Looking at the highlights, there's been far busier days a Cliftonhill when the attendance has been about the 1200 mark. 

Looked to be two fairly evenly matched teams. Some occasional nice trickery from Furtado, but I still can't appreciate what Kieran MacDonald brings in terms of defence. Yes he's a lot of energy and can burst up the wing. He's never a defender though. I think it's him that dives in to a nonsense tackle in the lead up to their first.

All that said, it didn't look as bad as some of the reaction on twitter, quite entertaining despite the quagmire.......or maybe that's a credit to the  skills of the highlights package  editor!

2nd half was ok.

Agreed on McDonald.  Every week...

I wasn't impressed by Watt and Stewart's lack of movement at the 1st, we've still a long way to go

1 hour ago, touchedbymadness said:

2nd half was ok.

Agreed on McGowan.  Every week...

I wasn't impressed by Watt and Stewart's lack of movement at the 1st, we've still a long way to go

Who is McGowan? Did you mean to bring back Neil McGowan? I know you meant Mcdonald and I am puzzled at how we have gone to a back three with him on the left and have managed to avoid defeat in the last five? He is a good attacker so would young Edwards be better there?

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Who is McGowan? Did you mean to bring back Neil McGowan? I know you meant Mcdonald and I am puzzled at how we have gone to a back three with him on the left and have managed to avoid defeat in the last five? He is a good attacker so would young Edwards be better there?

Sorted it and would in a heartbeat if he was younger.

It's the modern way to play a LB there in a 3 to "bring the ball out".   Arsenal do the same with the equally awful Monreal.   I really dont get it, you need defenders who can defend first.

Edwards is better than him at left back and left wing back.   

I really don't like zonal back 3s and I don't like poor defending fullbacks tucked into a 3 either  but as long as Stevie has this unbeaten run then its hard to argue just now.

Sorted it and would in a heartbeat if he was younger.
It's the modern way to play a LB there in a 3 to "bring the ball out".   Arsenal do the same with the equally awful Monreal.   I really dont get it, you need defenders who can defend first.
Edwards is better than him at left back and left wing back.   
I really don't like zonal back 3s and I don't like poor defending fullbacks tucked into a 3 either  but as long as Stevie has this unbeaten run then its hard to argue just now.

Good to see it sorted. Like you time will tell if we stay unbeaten.

Archived