Hamilton Academicals vs Heart of Midlothian

4 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Just in looked at the table, a win on Saturday is paramount now.

Speccy coaches the most boring style of football known to mankind.I knew that he was predominately a defensive minded coach but in their 11 game unbeaten run they must have drawn a few 0-0 and won a few 1-0 prior to tonight's game they had scored 21 goals from 22 games considering speccy has guided them to a 10 match unbeaten run its clear that run has been based upon solid defending and snatching narrow victories.You can't argue with the positive impact he has made replacing  Cathro , but his chosen style of football to achieve this positivity turns me cold.

His style of football :lol:.  Like Canning has you playing in some swashbuckling manner.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

Positives anyone?

Redmond and Ferguson did well. New striker looks like he has something about him. We dominated right up until the 1st goal but as always just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Overall: pish

Decent defensive first half.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

His style of football :lol:.  Like Canning has you playing in some swashbuckling manner.

On occasions we play a very expansive game, with neat passages of play, and not as disciplined as Levein has you playing, was no surprise you moved Walker on as Levein would rather have players who conformed to his antiquated coaching ways than have an expressive player like Walker infiltrating his rigid master plan.

We were fine up until Gogic's car crash moment, although we didn't threaten all that much. 

Gogic and McMann were ridiculous for the first and third goals and the third was simple - a big hopeful hoof. 

Imrie and Lyon, especially the latter, offer very, very little going forward. At least Imrie can be direct when he wants to be, but Lyon usually wants to cut back play a simple pass to the centre-back. Wing-backs are supposed to be direct, especially in our system. 

New guy looked alright, MacKinnon was good and Ferguson was ok. 

44 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

We made hearts look like a decent side there

Hibs fans said the same. Aberdeen and Celtic too. Now I'm no one of they Rinus Michels, but maybe teams should try and stop us looking decent.

But they can't, can they?

gxHuKgR.png

2 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

9 guid fisicul Scottish laddies and 2 Englishmen in our starting 11.

Wonder when the last time was we fielded a completely British starting 11.

Tommy Robinson found.^^^ 

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

9 guid fisicul Scottish laddies and 2 Englishmen in our starting 11.

Wonder when the last time was we fielded a completely British starting 11.

Back in 1916 at the Somme, when our brave Gorgie boys were giving Fritz a bloody nose to ensure that happyaccie could make terrible posts over 100 years later.

scottish_soldiers_world_w-466382.jpg

Just now, JamieThomas said:

Hibs fans said the same. Aberdeen and Celtic too. Now I'm no one of they Rinus Michels, but maybe teams should try and stop us looking decent.

But they can't, can they?

gxHuKgR.png

We basically set up your 3 goals with honking defending, not 1 of your goals was the result of any creative play from hearts players, once again we have been the architect's of our own downfall.That is why I feel we made you look good, because you exploited our poor defending to the full, you merited your victory, but that doesn't detract from the fact we impacted on the outcome more than Hearts did.

Same situation as the Motherwell game, horrible error by a defender gifts the opposition their first goal, heads go down and its over.

Mcmann and Gogic have been horrendous, Never forgave Gogic for his Rangers performance, and he's proving me right at the moment. Mcmann's defending has went from shaky to absolutely suicidal, I hope the Sarris rumours are true.

25 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Just in looked at the table, a win on Saturday is paramount now.

Speccy coaches the most boring style of football known to mankind.I knew that he was predominately a defensive minded coach but in their 11 game unbeaten run they must have drawn a few 0-0 and won a few 1-0 prior to tonight's game they had scored 21 goals from 22 games considering speccy has guided them to a 10 match unbeaten run its clear that run has been based upon solid defending and snatching narrow victories.You can't argue with the positive impact he has made replacing  Cathro , but his chosen style of football to achieve this positivity turns me cold.

ETA hope this doesn't come across as sour grapes, Hearts deserved to win, just making an observation of Speccys style of coaching.

You stick to watching the tika taka at New Douglas Park then buddy. All the best. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

You stick to watching the tika taka at New Douglas Park then buddy. All the best. 

You stick to watching the free flowing football speccy clearly advocates, 11 games unbeaten 7 of those goals accrued in 2 fixtures against us and Sellick, that means in the other 9 games in that run only 4 goals have been scored if that floats your boat fine, but watching football of a turgid variety leaves my cold to the bone.

5 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

You stick to watching the free flowing football speccy clearly advocates, 11 games unbeaten 7 of those goals accrued in 2 fixtures against us and Sellick, that means in the other 9 games in that run only 4 goals have been scored if that floats your boat fine, but watching football of a turgid variety leaves my cold to the bone.

Can only dream of watching Dougie Imrie grace the field every week. I am very envious. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Did anyone else hear the rumour that Sarris may be coming back?

He's no world beater, but he's a better option than McMann or Gogic.

Has Canning been sacked ? If not then those rumours clearly are only rumours, Sarris & Canning had a major difference of opinions in the Firhill dressing room in the match he was red carded in. The only prospect of Sarris ever representing this club again is if Canning is no longer the manager.

The only caveat I will add to this belief is unless Ronnie has intervened and told Canning to employ Sarris's services again as the club has been unable to agree a severance payment with Sarris.

Archived