Forfar vs Arbroath

Forgot how well Martin did when Forfar has the 2 on 1 before we scored, He has been absolutely immense lately, 
Still not sold on 3 at the back, Think Forfar got in behind a bit easy, plus asking linn and denholm to be wingbacks is hard on them, 
That was a cracking interception. Was it Martin or TOB that got back in time to block See's shot in the first half?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath fans seem to have a obsession with Easton[emoji38]

How do you work that out? How does making a comment about a Forfar player that played in a Forfar game against Arbroath make you obsessed?

It’s true by the way. Should have a lot more goals, not even into double figures in his entire career. On 9 goals.

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How do you work that out? How does making a comment about a Forfar player that played in a Forfar game against Arbroath make you obsessed?

It’s true by the way. Should have a lot more goals, not even into double figures in his entire career. On 9 goals.

For a laddie with his talent, that's a pretty poor return.  That said, he's a young man and lost pretty much  all of last season and barely featured under Bollan for us this season.

Every Forfar v Arbroath match thread this season Arbroath fans have commented on Easton

Every Forfar v Arbroath match thread this season Arbroath fans have commented on Easton

And?

FWIW it’s absolutely nowhere near as bad as Forfar fans talking about Swankie. Yet no Arbroath fans coming out with the obsessed patter.

Easton acted like a w**k particularly at Gayfield and missed a sitter on Saturday. Why wouldn’t he get talked about?

And?

FWIW it’s absolutely nowhere near as bad as Forfar fans talking about Swankie. Yet no Arbroath fans coming out with the obsessed patter.

Easton acted like a w**k particularly at Gayfield and missed a sitter on Saturday. Why wouldn’t he get talked about?
To be fair, the Swankie signing was used by Arbroath fans to try and point score over Forfar fans which has backfired somewhat. One of the very few things Forfar has got over Arbroath in recent months (yes I know you think he's great but he's nothing like the player he was).

The Easton comments are spot on though. A real sitter missed on Tuesday and acted like a complete spoiled brat at Gayfield after being fouled and getting the freekick, contributing to his suspension on Saturday.
Worthy talking points in both games.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

To be fair, the Swankie signing was used by Arbroath fans to try and point score over Forfar fans which has backfired somewhat. One of the very few things Forfar has got over Arbroath in recent months (yes I know you think he's great but he's nothing like the player he was).

The Easton comments are spot on though. A real sitter missed on Tuesday and acted like a complete spoiled brat at Gayfield after being fouled and getting the freekick, contributing to his suspension on Saturday.
Worthy talking points in both games.

There is nothing to back up that it has backfired, Gavin took a bit time to settle back in (got married in the summer and missed most of pre season), in recent weeks he has been playing extremely well and will contribute greatly in the 2nd half of the season and hopefully help us cement our place in the top 4 for the play offs.

There is nothing to back up that it has backfired, Gavin took a bit time to settle back in (got married in the summer and missed most of pre season), in recent weeks he has been playing extremely well and will contribute greatly in the 2nd half of the season and hopefully help us cement our place in the top 4 for the play offs.

Swankie missed basically all of pre season, got fit then got injured, came back again at QP looked like he was just about to come onto a game then got injured in that game too and now the same has happened again.

Against EF he was great and if only he’d scored at the end. See how he does from here on out.

He's on the decline, his style of play would struggle to make an impact on a fairly poor Forfar side, we got money for him and I can't ever recall a single Forfar fan saying they are gutted he's gone.
4 reasons right there why trying to taunt Forfar fans has backfired....we really aren't that bothered.
TOB and DD however!

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And?

Do we talk about Swankie? Of course we do, he was our player for six/seven years and scored a brace that gave us our only win over Rangers. That will never be forgotten but on the flip side he was an infuriating player who could turn a game just as easily as he could turn into a complete child with his petulant behaviour. Even Dick spoke about that on television. He's a luxury player to be enjoyed when occasionally in the mood but despite brilliance at times I'm not sorry he's gone. I only want players who are professional and play their hearts out for the club they are signed to. If Gav is happy back at Gayfield then good for him.

Easton, unfortunately, is a similar type of player. He has an eye for, and the ability to make, the killer pass. We have seen this but all too often is a ball greedy show off. Criticism of his goal tally is strange given he is a midfielder not a striker. If 9 goals a season from a midfielder isn't reasonable return I don't know what is. Our problem is a strike force that is about as dangerous as a sleeping kitten. See doesn't know what on target is on the odd occasion he gets himself in the right position and Peters dilly-dallied until the opportunity is lost. Aitken has goals in him if given service and, more importantly, played in the correct position.

Arbroath obsession about Dylan may be down to guilt after the horror tackle that cut his season very short by Omar?

Easton's tally of 9 is for his career, not season, hence the surprise.
Re Swankie, he actually made it onto some people's 10 most hated players basically due to his ability to shite it and completely disappear in games. A bit harsh but there you go.

Do we talk about Swankie? Of course we do, he was our player for six/seven years and scored a brace that gave us our only win over Rangers. That will never be forgotten but on the flip side he was an infuriating player who could turn a game just as easily as he could turn into a complete child with his petulant behaviour. Even Dick spoke about that on television. He's a luxury player to be enjoyed when occasionally in the mood but despite brilliance at times I'm not sorry he's gone. I only want players who are professional and play their hearts out for the club they are signed to. If Gav is happy back at Gayfield then good for him.

Easton, unfortunately, is a similar type of player. He has an eye for, and the ability to make, the killer pass. We have seen this but all too often is a ball greedy show off. Criticism of his goal tally is strange given he is a midfielder not a striker. If 9 goals a season from a midfielder isn't reasonable return I don't know what is. Our problem is a strike force that is about as dangerous as a sleeping kitten. See doesn't know what on target is on the odd occasion he gets himself in the right position and Peters dilly-dallied until the opportunity is lost. Aitken has goals in him if given service and, more importantly, played in the correct position.

Arbroath obsession about Dylan may be down to guilt after the horror tackle that cut his season very short by Omar?

There is no obsession.

And Easton has only scored 9 goals in his whole career.

50 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Easton's tally of 9 is for his career, not season, hence the surprise.
Re Swankie, he actually made it onto some people's 10 most hated players basically due to his ability to shite it and completely disappear in games. A bit harsh but there you go.

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There is no obsession.

And Easton has only scored 9 goals in his whole career.

I stand corrected, I must have misread that. Even so, my point about him being a midfielder a not a striker is still valid though?

I stand corrected, I must have misread that. Even so, my point about him being a midfielder a not a striker is still valid though?

Yeah don’t think anyone’s arguing that though. He’s an attacking midfield player.

McCords got 9 in the league just this season and he’s been in and out of the team.

Archived