Forfar vs Arbroath

Seems we don’t need Gav to beat your pitiful excuse for a team

I think you are deflecting from your risable claim that Swankie is free to play against us.You also seem oddly upset after a winning afternoon ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to think so but Somerset Park on Sat was definitely a freak result so home win on the coupon I'm afraid.

It’s unlikely but if McCallum plays half as well as he did against us you’ll have a chance.

I thought Macintosh was our best player. Couldn't understand why he was subbed. He linked really well with Wallace who looks a good addition. It was strange how our game collapsed after they missed those 2 chances to go 3 up. 

Forfar looked resilient with some good passing. No finish, though. 

The last 30 mins were nervous and really shouldn't have been.

20 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

In his post-match interview, Dick Campbell clearly states the reason for excluding Swankie from this game was due to a prior agreement with Forfar when signing him

Yes , this clearly shows how little the Director/s  think of Forfar being able to handle playing against Gavin .Time to end this decision and give some pride back to Forfar

In his post-match interview, Dick Campbell clearly states the reason for excluding Swankie from this game was due to a prior agreement with Forfar when signing him

It was hard to make out as he seemed to be munching on a pie for the majority of it

I thought Macintosh was our best player. Couldn't understand why he was subbed. He linked really well with Wallace who looks a good addition. It was strange how our game collapsed after they missed those 2 chances to go 3 up. 
Forfar looked resilient with some good passing. No finish, though. 
The last 30 mins were nervous and really shouldn't have been.

Leighton played well but I’d probably say Yule was our standout. Dicks subs were again rather bizarre. Bobby off and leaving Denholm on. Taking Mcintosh off when he was having success on the air against Travis.

Pink and Lichtie23 need to be informed of this at once.Save any more guff posts about the "gentlemans aggreement" not existing.

I actually think the gentleman's agreement shows just how much we don't see Forfar as any type of threat whatsoever, not something I would've offered but it is what it is. 

I would like to know what the actual reason is ? It's farcical and he should be playing imho. It's not like he's Messi or anything.Courier report of game is a bit flattering to us.We are a fair bit off competing yet but progress is being made.

I actually think the gentleman's agreement shows just how much we don't see Forfar as any type of threat whatsoever, not something I would've offered but it is what it is. 
I actually liked Swankie, but didn't really mind him moving on tbh.

The whole "agreement" thing is a bit bizarre though, basically like we've loaned him out to you guys and got paid into the bargain.
I'd rather he played as derby games are the ones he tends to disappear in.

Seems a bit of a gamble for Swankie too as it must be pretty difficult to get back into that Arbroath midfield after missing a game.

So just coincidence Swankie misses 3rd game of 3 against Forfar? Who the f**k ye kidding if he’s not available for all games what’s the point in having him ? it’s a bloody joke there are so many players in the team that are more reliable and consistent than him ,I know it’s not his fault Dick payed the fee he did for him ,but what a waste of dough and it seems at times because of the fee paid he has to play him when available ,we’re a better team without him , nothing personal Gavin [emoji846]

Bore off ffs we just beat Forfar and are sitting 4th in the league.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hard fought win

Wallace looks very good

Where was Hilson?

Hilson's father in law passed away the previous day is what I heard.

Wallace was impressive, and not like you to be so gracious in victory....

Forgot how well Martin did when Forfar has the 2 on 1 before we scored, He has been absolutely immense lately, 

Still not sold on 3 at the back, Think Forfar got in behind a bit easy, plus asking linn and denholm to be wingbacks is hard on them, 

Forgot how well Martin did when Forfar has the 2 on 1 before we scored, He has been absolutely immense lately, 
Still not sold on 3 at the back, Think Forfar got in behind a bit easy, plus asking linn and denholm to be wingbacks is hard on them, 

Cleared a header off the line from the resulting corner as well

Archived