Dundee United v Brechin City 02/01/2018

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all our injuries McMullan picking up a suspension is really annoying; thought Ballantine did OK.  Hopefully Durnan’s knock is not too serious.

Thought Brechin’s number 8, Graham, was a little fanny.  Thought their number 17, McLennan, was really impressive.

Good result with the Maureens dropping points.

I think Finn Graham was subbied at the right time for Brechin, as he was very close to being sent off. McLennan is a loanee, I think. Decent prospect.  And Andy Jackson, a bit overweight I thought, still knows how to gain advantages up front.

McMullan is becoming a liability, and given the injury issues, after excusing himself from the pitch today, he might find himself out of the team equation depending on January signings. 

22 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

McMullan is becoming a liability, and given the injury issues, after excusing himself from the pitch today, he might find himself out of the team equation depending on January signings. 

Not sure I would go that far. He was a squad player before the injuries and will likely revert to being a squad player again once we get a few bodies back/in. Let's not forget he scored a couple in his last home game and could have had a few more. He's still got plenty to offer.

McMullan's f**k-witterry aside, I was fairly pleased with the result and performance today. Team were a little flat at the end of the first half but that's understandable when the game is effectively won within seven minutes. It was noticeable that they stuck to the game plan even after going a man down and we should probably have scored a couple more at the end. Having lost probably our two most influential players to injury it was reassuring that the team still managed to function as a unit. Decent performance by Ballantyne who looks like he'll be able to step in when required.

Today's results been coming from our point of view .We ride our luck first 20 most games and it's usually worked . But today it backfired . We were poor today no excuses Smiths no a centre half and the games he's played there we ve lost 4 4 3 4 . Isaac was lazy n poor .
Just one of those days happy it's only 4
PS. Darren the fans want to attack a bit more [emoji3]

Ballantyne looks like he'll be a decent player with more game time. Bit shaky at times but first game for us.

McMullen is a fanny and id be fining him. Hes been fairly rotten for most of the season then fucks his team mates over by diving at 4-0 up. With the knowledge that we have about 8 fit players. I'd be hammering him with a huge fine and banishing him to the depths of Lochee with a The Rangers shirt glued to him.

Other than that it wasn't too pretty but 4 goals and 3 points is a great way to remedy the result v The Midden.

20 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ballantyne looks like he'll be a decent player with more game time. Bit shaky at times but first game for us.

McMullen is a fanny and id be fining him. Hes been fairly rotten for most of the season then fucks his team mates over by diving at 4-0 up. With the knowledge that we have about 8 fit players. I'd be hammering him with a huge fine and banishing him to the depths of Lochee with a The Rangers shirt glued to him.

Other than that it wasn't too pretty but 4 goals and 3 points is a great way to remedy the result v The Midden.

Csaba Laszlo sounded absolutely fucking livid with McMullan in the post match interview. Brilliant to hear a manager actually calling out a player for diving.

7 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Csaba Laszlo sounded absolutely fucking livid with McMullan in the post match interview. Brilliant to hear a manager actually calling out a player for diving.

Brilliant. Will have a watch of it. Popcorn and all!

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

With all our injuries McMullan picking up a suspension is really annoying; thought Ballantine did OK.  Hopefully Durnan’s knock is not too serious.

Thought Brechin’s number 8, Graham, was a little fanny.  Thought their number 17, McLennan, was really impressive.

Good result with the Maureens dropping points.

Finn was our best performer in the first half but for whatever reason he was pushed up front for the start of the second  which led to him making rash challenges trying to stop players rather than being the playmaker.  This opened up the gaps in midfield that we were starting to plug and resulted in us conceding another two sloppy goals. 

We also left it too late to  move away from our 6 at the back and get in their faces. 

Well beaten but one positive to take was the way we finished the game . Had we started that approach at 2-0 down I wonder if we might have made more of a game of it.  

To be fair we ve been playing well and yesterday was hopefully just an off day performance wise . I think a few guys needing rested and things freshened up .Euan Smith and Sparky looked tired .Isaacs slowly getting back to start of season form [emoji47] although up top on his owns a hard shift . Jacko made a difference against 10 men but he's a stone overweight and if Watty could shift that weight he'd still be a player. .
That was a decent support yesterday though.Good day out in the town before and after . Met a lot of decent United fans .

Finn was our best performer in the first half but for whatever reason he was pushed up front for the start of the second  which led to him making rash challenges trying to stop players rather than being the playmaker.  This opened up the gaps in midfield that we were starting to plug and resulted in us conceding another two sloppy goals. 
We also left it too late to  move away from our 6 at the back and get in their faces. 
Well beaten but one positive to take was the way we finished the game . Had we started that approach at 2-0 down I wonder if we might have made more of a game

To be fair we ve been playing well and yesterday was hopefully just an off day performance wise . I think a few guys needing rested and things freshened up .Euan Smith and Sparky looked tired .Isaacs slowly getting back to start of season form [emoji47] although up top on his owns a hard shift . Jacko made a difference against 10 men but he's a stone overweight and if Watty could shift that weight he'd still be a player. .
That was a decent support yesterday though.Good day out in the town before and after . Met a lot of decent United fans .

Pure frustration from young Finn.I can give Jacko a wee excuse for being fatter but not Watty it beggars belief the weight he’s carrying for a young guy.Doesnt need to worry though Dods will take off Sinky or Finn to give him a game.

Pure frustration from young Finn.I can give Jacko a wee excuse for being fatter but not Watty it beggars belief the weight he’s carrying for a young guy.Doesnt need to worry though Dods will take off Sinky or Finn to give him a game.

Agree if they guys want to make a go of Championship they need to wise up fitness wise . Whole team were looking heavy and weary yesterday . But United s full of premiership class players so we ll let them off .
No excuses this Saturday though. .

Agree if they guys want to make a go of Championship they need to wise up fitness wise . Whole team were looking heavy and weary yesterday . But United s full of premiership class players so we ll let them off .

Didn’t think Finn looked anything other than really fit.wished they all were like that

[emoji23]

Sober up mate. It's the 3rd of January for fuk sake.

Archived