ICT v Livi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely delighted with a point tbh, we didn’t play that good at all.

Despite being against 10 men we didn’t do enough, we didn’t pass the ball quickly enough and everything was done infront of Inverness, imo we probably ended up fortunate to get the point, Inverness created a couple good chances to put the game to bed and Alexander made a great save to keep it at 1, although we could quite easily have won it with the last kick of the ball. 

Inverness yet again really impressed me, good passing and movement and clearly well drilled defensively, they gave away very little in terms of chances, our goal was a great header not really a chance, the only clear chance we had was that one in the last minute. 

We lined up very strange, couldn’t really work out what we tried to play, De Vita at RB, and Gallagher in the midfield seemed odd, clearly we are short on numbers too with only 5 on the bench. 

On the red card I don’t really see how it’s disputable, the first yellow is a clear yellow, and the 2nd, yeh he doesn’t know our player is about to head it but fact is if he’s made contact or not his foot shouldn’t be that high and it’s dangerous play and a yellow card. 

Also disapointed to be shunted into the rain, I have nothing against being put in the main stand, makes sense when only 30 or so of us traveled up, atleast put us in a section that was covered, not like there was a shortage of seats, when I asked if we could move out the rain I was told no that was the section for away fans and it wasn’t his problem. 

Anyway, delighted with a point, keeps us in 3rd and keeps that distance between the two teams, I recon Inverness will push on though, can defo see you making the top 4. 

Absolutely delighted with a point tbh, we didn’t play that good at all.
Despite being against 10 men we didn’t do enough, we didn’t pass the ball quickly enough and everything was done infront of Inverness, imo we probably ended up fortunate to get the point, Inverness created a couple good chances to put the game to bed and Alexander made a great save to keep it at 1, although we could quite easily have won it with the last kick of the ball. 
Inverness yet again really impressed me, good passing and movement and clearly well drilled defensively, they gave away very little in terms of chances, our goal was a great header not really a chance, the only clear chance we had was that one in the last minute. 
We lined up very strange, couldn’t really work out what we tried to play, De Vita at RB, and Gallagher in the midfield seemed odd, clearly we are short on numbers too with only 5 on the bench. 
On the red card I don’t really see how it’s disputable, the first yellow is a clear yellow, and the 2nd, yeh he doesn’t know our player is about to head it but fact is if he’s made contact or not his foot shouldn’t be that high and it’s dangerous play and a yellow card. 
Also disapointed to be shunted into the rain, I have nothing against being put in the main stand, makes sense when only 30 or so of us traveled up, atleast put us in a section that was covered, not like there was a shortage of seats, when I asked if we could move out the rain I was told no that was the section for away fans and it wasn’t his problem. 
Anyway, delighted with a point, keeps us in 3rd and keeps that distance between the two teams, I recon Inverness will push on though, can defo see you making the top 4. 

Completely get your point about being put in an uncovered section. It's a bit shit from the club to be honest. I don't think anyone would have complained had you be allowed to sit with the home fans under cover.

Thought it was a decent game. Livi should have stolen it at the end but a draw was probably fair. Not sure about the second yellow fo Vigurs. Hes tried to play the ball.

20 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Incredible that Halkett is getting cheat shouted at him for getting booted in the face. 

Yes it’s not a red card but it’s 100% a yellow card for dangerous play, regardless if he knows our player is waiting to head the ball of not. 

Uncovered section? I'm assuming you missed the roof above your heads then? You were sat in section F. Sections A and G are uncovered in the main stand. 

Livi were terrible yesterday didn't deserve anything from the game and to be happy to hold onto a point against a team down to ten men for most of the game kind of sums up your whole club. You will drop down the league quickly if you continue to play like that yesterday. Even at ten men your whole team stood off us allowing us to play through the middle. Your forwards looked scared to go near our defenders. Were  they all hungover?

2 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

I don't think anyone would have complained had you be allowed to sit with the home fans under cover.

Well most who were sat around me wanted the livi fans moved as the stewards repeatedly had to intervene. There was also more Inverness fans sat in the section too than livi. So yes a lot of folk would have complained

Well most who were sat around me wanted the livi fans moved as the stewards repeatedly had to intervene. There was also more Inverness fans sat in the section too than livi. So yes a lot of folk would have complained

Thats disappointing. I personally would have had no issue with the livi fans sitting with us. Unfortunately it seems that some of the caley thistle fans are c***s.

Just now, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Only managed a draw with Inverness so could've even still been pished

He seems a bit upset, dear knows what would've happened had Carrick scored the chance to win the game for us at the end, might've sent him into a breakdown.

1 hour ago, ThomWy said:

Uncovered section? I'm assuming you missed the roof above your heads then? You were sat in section F. Sections A and G are uncovered in the main stand. 

Yes, section F, rows A to G which the roof didn’t cover, I know this because we got wet whilst the rain was on. 

As I say there was plenty of seats available to section off an area for away fans further up in the stand or behind the goals that the Inverness fans occupied which had plenty of sections available for the small number of fans we had. 

1 hour ago, ThomWy said:

Livi were terrible yesterday didn't deserve anything from the game and to be happy to hold onto a point against a team down to ten men for most of the game kind of sums up your whole club. You will drop down the league quickly if you continue to play like that yesterday. Even at ten men your whole team stood off us allowing us to play through the middle. Your forwards looked scared to go near our defenders. Were  they all hungover?

Boooooooooooooo :lol::lol:

47 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Yes, section F, rows A to G which the roof didn’t cover, I know this because we got wet whilst the rain was on. 

As I say there was plenty of seats available to section off an area for away fans further up in the stand or behind the goals that the Inverness fans occupied which had plenty of sections available for the small number of fans we had. 

Boooooooooooooo :lol::lol:

Sections b c d and e also have all that rows and Inverness fans sat there quite happy.  Also the Inverness fans amongst you livi fans sat there happily. Are you saying your just southern wimps not able to cope with the highland weather?

15 minutes ago, ThomWy said:

Sections b c d and e also have all that rows and Inverness fans sat there quite happy.  Also the Inverness fans amongst you livi fans sat there happily. Are you saying your just southern wimps not able to cope with the highland weather?

For games like this it would be easy to do what other clubs do. Tape off a couple of sections in the north stand. It’s good enough for Hearts and Hibs so it’s good enough for us. Last couple of times I’ve been at Livi we’ve been in the main stand. Mind you on Saturday at Brechin there was no segregation at all.

30 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

For games like this it would be easy to do what other clubs do. Tape off a couple of sections in the north stand. It’s good enough for Hearts and Hibs so it’s good enough for us. Last couple of times I’ve been at Livi we’ve been in the main stand. Mind you on Saturday at Brechin there was no segregation at all.

The only viable areas to do this is lower F in the main stand and section G. The problem with the north stand is the catering and toilet facilities are situated next to the A9 and you could only use sections A and B possible C forbaway support and so they can be ushered along behind the West stand from the away car park. The only option to The North home stand fans would be the catering in the north stand and toilets and that would be a nightmare.

1 hour ago, ThomWy said:

So your original point about the “roof above our heads” was incorrect then ? 

There was 3 Inverness fans who sat in row A who moved fairly quickly, the other Inverness fans amongst us sat from row G back. 

The fans that sat in sections b,c,d good on them, I’m sure they didn’t have to travel 3 hours back down the road soaking wet though ?

11 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

So your original point about the “roof above our heads” was incorrect then ? 

There was 3 Inverness fans who sat in row A who moved fairly quickly, the other Inverness fans amongst us sat from row G back. 

The fans that sat in sections b,c,d good on them, I’m sure they didn’t have to travel 3 hours back down the road soaking wet though ?

Why was it incorrect?  There was a roof above your head.  Travelling distance is irrelevant. Our fans do it every second week. You should have dressed for the weather. Just proving your southern wimps unable to deal with a bit of rain. The roof does cover all rows of the main stand from the front however it's an open stand that doesn't have walls or Windows and is subject to the elements as mainly the weather comes up the great Glen directly towards the main stand. Man up and stop moaning. 

Archived