ICT v Livi

So why did you try to resign him? Ahh couldn't afford him that' right. Even Raith Rovers offered more money than your lot.

Why wouldn’t we have tried to sign him? :lol: Has a barrowload of potential for this level and given he previously played for a club 20 minutes up the road from us, of course we were going to be interested. I’m glad we’re not bursting our budget as we would’ve done in years gone by, stings a bit that we can’t compete with yourselves or clubs like Raith but that’s life. If I was an ICT fan, I’d be wondering how you can afford to shell out (presumably) half-decent wages on top of accommodation fees. Parachute payments? External backer? You’ll really have to forgive my ignorance here, but I’m genuinely curious.

The game itself is obviously a massive one for both sides, goes without saying - we looked like we were back to some form of recognisable side against Dumbarton, and reacted very well to going a goal down. I would say Caley are definitely the most impressive side I’ve seen this season, at home at Almondvale a few months ago. Didn’t make the match in September but by all accounts they were in the ascendency during the first half there. I would happily take a point, but three would be magic to open up a gap in third hopefully.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Well this thread has taken a turn for the better/worse 

The most annoying thing in this thread for me is your spelling of Todorov, dunno why but it bugs me to f**k that you keep spelling his name wrong.:lol:

I think Rafa will start, he played a blinder in the 4-1 Dumbarton win, coming round to having Mackin starting too, he linked up well with Rafa .

Storm Dylan will hit ICT on Tues night as big Mackin rattles in a brace.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The most annoying thing in this thread for me is your spelling of Todorov, dunno why but it bugs me to f**k that you keep spelling his name wrong.:lol:

Genuinely didn’t even realise all this time :lol::lol:

Please accept my apologies :unsure2:

8 hours ago, Afro said:

Why wouldn’t we have tried to sign him? :lol: Has a barrowload of potential for this level and given he previously played for a club 20 minutes up the road from us, of course we were going to be interested. I’m glad we’re not bursting our budget as we would’ve done in years gone by, stings a bit that we can’t compete with yourselves or clubs like Raith but that’s life. If I was an ICT fan, I’d be wondering how you can afford to shell out (presumably) half-decent wages on top of accommodation fees. Parachute payments? External backer? You’ll really have to forgive my ignorance here, but I’m genuinely curious.

The game itself is obviously a massive one for both sides, goes without saying - we looked like we were back to some form of recognisable side against Dumbarton, and reacted very well to going a goal down. I would say Caley are definitely the most impressive side I’ve seen this season, at home at Almondvale a few months ago. Didn’t make the match in September but by all accounts they were in the ascendency during the first half there. I would happily take a point, but three would be magic to open up a gap in third hopefully.

Sanity restored :cheers

13 hours ago, sophia said:

I'm struggling to recall a very annoying Livi forward from the halcyon (Telford Street) days.

Was it Graham Harvey?

He made otherwise well disposed highlanders fume with rage.

Brian McPhee?

45 minutes ago, sophia said:

Hah, not him. I recall him but he's not the one.

My memory is of a centre forward that riled up opponents and fans.

Could have been Graeme Harvey. He came to us at the tail end of his career. My abiding memory of him is one game, against Dumbarton I think, when he went down on his hands and knees to roll the ball into the net with his head. :lol:

2 hours ago, orco said:

Could have been Graeme Harvey. He came to us at the tail end of his career. My abiding memory of him is one game, against Dumbarton I think, when he went down on his hands and knees to roll the ball into the net with his head. :lol:

That's the fella 

Definitely Harvey. He went on to Bonnyrigg Rose afterwards.

There was one ICT game at Livi on a Tuesday night in the old div 2 days. At 1-1 Harvey had a kick at Jim Calder in goals. Calder reacted with a punch and was sent off. Brian ‘Luggy’ Thomson went in goals and his first job was to pick Harvey’s penalty out of the net. However ICT weathered the storm and Barry Wilson scored a late equaliser. Them were the days.

31 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Definitely Harvey. He went on to Bonnyrigg Rose afterwards.

There was one ICT game at Livi on a Tuesday night in the old div 2 days. At 1-1 Harvey had a kick at Jim Calder in goals. Calder reacted with a punch and was sent off. Brian ‘Luggy’ Thomson went in goals and his first job was to pick Harvey’s penalty out of the net. However ICT weathered the storm and Barry Wilson scored a late equaliser. Them were the days.

Barry Wilson.:wub:

On 31/12/2017 at 16:03, LIVIFOREVER said:

Barry Wilson.:wub:

Understandably Baz is a Livi legend having played 101 games for you. But he played 253 times for us which is over half his career. Thanks Wikipedia  :lol:

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Understandably Baz is a Livi legend having played 101 games for you. But he played 253 times for us which is over half his career. Thanks Wikipedia  :lol:

Great player for both our clubs, played in our best era, and in one of the best games I've been to when we beat Sturm Graz in  our European home game. In the last game of the season when he played for QoS against us, at the end of the game he came over to the Livi end and handed one of our fans his boots, what a gentleman he is.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Broke my heart when Livi nabbed Wilson and McCulloch from us before nicking Xausa half way through the following season :( 

Yeah Raith fans have never forgiven us for taking big Marv, Toastie and Stevie Tosh from them either, happy days. :lol:

Archived