East Fife V Raith

54 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Major honors?

East Fife have 4 whereas we have 1. The difference though being that everyone can still remember ours. The youngest to remember East Fife's would have to be in their 70's..

Wrong.

Every East Fife fan worth their salt holds these guys dear in their heart... 

Four Cups.jpg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is truly sad that this 4-1 rubbish is their best they can come up with. They can probably count on one hand how many of their fans saw even the most recent one of their cup triumphs. Come on rovers two more for literally thirty years of hurt. .

In terms of home fixtures for East Fife, it’s 30 years tomorrow since they last beat us. They won 2-1 on January 2nd 1988.

15 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Yes, he signed until the end of the season when he first came in. 

Nice, for some reason I had it in my head it was only until January.  I personally think he has been far better over the last few games - quite hopeful that will continue and he will be a solid asset for the remainder of the season.

Well we have every right to feel confident at the moment, we are certainly grinding out the results so far and fortune has smiled on us with regards to Ayr the last two weeks. However a local derby always levels the playing field and East Fife will really want the monkey off their back against us. I’m going to say 1-3 but I’d take a scrappy one goal win right now. Hope it’s s good crowd sadly I’ll have to listen on the radio. Any idea how many tickets left?

1 minute ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

I’m sure Angus Fifer or Liam will correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the last fife victory over the Rovers in Methil in the cup tie in January 1983. A Robin Thomson wind assisted goal at the Aberhill school end?

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2102&team2_id=883&teamTabs=h2h

Bit nervy about this. We won three times away from home in the league in 2017. Think a bit of the confidence comes because one of those wins just so happens to have been our last away match.

Will Buchanan play? Smith has stated in the past he struggles with three games in a week. With Barr out at the weekend we have just eleven ‘first team’ players fit, two of whom are goalkeepers. I thought we played well enough on Saturday but Stranraer were beyond dismal. Doubt we’ll see the same from a fired up East Fife.

Any win will do but despite their poor form I think this is the big chance for East Fife to finally beat us.

Think east fife will be up for this, they have been pretty inconsistent, which makes this unpredictable.
They played ok at starks park and maybe could have had something from that game.
An improved performance and it could be a very tough afternoon.
They also gave ayr a fright a few weeks back, not as confident going into this one as the 1st bit we have picked up recently and are on a good run of form and i think the 1st goal will be crucial.

Scary. Sure we beat them at old Bayview on that date. 13 seconds to go and dalziel scores to give us a 2-1 victory.

Aye, my mistake. Last time they beat us at their place was 29th August 1987 when they beat us 2-1. So already 30 years.

6 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Major honors?

East Fife have 4 whereas we have 1. The difference though being that everyone can still remember ours. The youngest to remember East Fife's would have to be in their 70's..

History aside, Methil has a population of around 11,000, Kirkcaldy 50,000 give or take the odd beggar. 

East Fife average attendance 700, Raith Rovers 1750.

Given both teams are in the same division would it be prudent to question whether part time East Fife are punching above their weight or that a full time Raith Rovers are just utter dross?

Go figure.

History aside, Methil has a population of around 11,000, Kirkcaldy 50,000 give or take the odd beggar. 
East Fife average attendance 700, Raith Rovers 1750.
Given both teams are in the same division would it be prudent to question whether part time East Fife are punching above their weight or that a full time Raith Rovers are just utter dross?
Go figure.

East Fife are punching above their weight and utter dross Raith Rovers stuck 5 past them.

Ooft.

Archived