East Fife V Raith

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you know Zen the wee lassie steward came up and threw us out the three back rows as they were for the "press" and also Ayr Fans had tried to kick the hospitality windows in, i informed her and her chief steward earlier that this would be a sell out and it would be better if dedicated seating was observed. My ticket was in section N...there was not a section N. When our fellow fifers are faced with a sellout they are not competent enough to cope. The set up of the club ground is good but its run by out and out amateurs and the local gala bingo caller, it so toe curlingly cringeworthy at times and its very easy to sort out with the right leadership...........any way the game, good try no cigar.......

Sounds like a bit of a smash and grab by the Rovers.

Still.

Everyone seems to know the score, they've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That East Fife’s gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away
But I know they can play (shite),
'Cause I remember

Sepia Scottish Cup
Black and white and gleaming
Thirty years of hurt
Never stopped them dreaming

Maybe next time.

To be honest 4 poor goals conceded, From a Rovers point of view to let one of the smallest East Fife players score from a header is criminal and conceding a needless free kick after Zannette failed to put his laces through the ball and clear his lines but credit to East Fife for a great free kick, IMO to many a Rovers players didn’t look interested and gave East Fife to much time on the ball especially in the middle of the park. Note to Barry Smith ! Ross Mathews can’t play wide right he should be centre midfield.

As for East Fife you can see why they are losing a barrel load of goals school boy defending  throughout the game and only have them selves to blame for taking nothing from the game. Not a great performance from Rovers but you can’t argue with taking home 3 hard fought points well done guys

To be honest 4 poor goals conceded, From a Rovers point of view to let one of the smallest East Fife players score from a header is criminal and conceding a needless free kick after Zannette failed to put his laces through the ball and clear his lines but credit to East Fife for a great free kick, IMO to many a Rovers players didn’t look interested and gave East Fife to much time on the ball especially in the middle of the park. Note to Barry Smith ! Ross Mathews can’t play wide right he should be centre midfield.

As for East Fife you can see why they are losing a barrel load of goals school boy defending  throughout the game and only have them selves to blame for taking nothing from the game. Not a great performance from Rovers but you can’t argue with taking home 3 hard fought points well done guys

2 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

As you know Zen the wee lassie steward came up and threw us out the three back rows as they were for the "press" and also Ayr Fans had tried to kick the hospitality windows in, i informed her and her chief steward earlier that this would be a sell out and it would be better if dedicated seating was observed. My ticket was in section N...there was not a section N. When our fellow fifers are faced with a sellout they are not competent enough to cope. The set up of the club ground is good but its run by out and out amateurs and the local gala bingo caller, it so toe curlingly cringeworthy at times and its very easy to sort out with the right leadership...........any way the game, good try no cigar.......

Is it maybe that you cannot spell N.

Poor performance, but we still had multiple more chances than East Fife.  Even then for all East Fife had possession, I still can't recall them doing much aside from their goals, and the boy who hit the post. Delighted for Zanatta.  He was getting it rotten from some of our fans because he'd misplaced a few passes, so it was good to see him bundle it home. Utterly pathetic from the two defenders on the line from East Fife who failed to keep his shot out.  On to a tricky game at home to Forfar next. They've shown before they can get a result against us and Ayr, but hopefully we can keep our 100% home record intact. 

Daylight robbery today and I actually felt we would go on and win it. A shocking bit of play by our defender cost us dearly for Raith's 3rd and decisive goal.

Felt East Fife were the better team over the 90 minutes. We played some good stuff and didn't give Rovers much time on the ball.

Gave the so called "big teams" a fright but we need to be taking care of the rest to avoid the danger zone. Keep up with performances like that and we'll be fine.

Happy Fucking New Year!

3 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Daylight robbery today and I actually felt we would go on and win it. A shocking bit of play by our defender cost us dearly for Raith's 3rd and decisive goal.

Felt East Fife were the better team over the 90 minutes. We played some good stuff and didn't give Rovers much time on the ball.

Gave the so called "big teams" a fright but we need to be taking care of the rest to avoid the danger zone. Keep up with performances like that and we'll be fine.

Happy Fucking New Year!

Whatever.........Happy new year neebur......x

Did Hendry get a run out today?I was in the hospital with the Mrs listening on rathtv. As we went in for a scan it went 1-1, which took me all my time to not shout something. Half way through the scan it was 2-1 and I missed whatever the midwife said. At 2-2 we were in a room on our own so I was finally able to shout for f**k sake only to be clipped over the lug by the mrs. My phone then decided to pack in so didn't find out the score till about 6. I wonder if my seat was resold?

Also if they are on here cheers to the rathtv guys. They do a fantastic job.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did Hendry get a run out today?I was in the hospital with the Mrs listening on rathtv. As we went in for a scan it went 1-1, which took me all my time to not shout something. Half way through the scan it was 2-1 and I missed whatever the midwife said. At 2-2 we were in a room on our own so I was finally able to shout for f**k sake only to be clipped over the lug by the mrs. My phone then decided to pack in so didn't find out the score till about 6. I wonder if my seat was resold?

Also if they are on here cheers to the rathtv guys. They do a fantastic job.

No he didn't.

East Fife probably sold it threefold judging by the over occupation today.

No he didn't.
East Fife probably sold it threefold judging by the over occupation today.
It was an absolute shambles.
My neebur was in the ground before me and shouted that it was sit in any seat. The seats on my ticket had a better view and on my way to them I overheard a steward saying it was allocated seating. I got to our seats and found they were taken and the occupiers said they weren't moving as they'd been told they could sit in any seat. I asked a steward at the front who replied 'It was originally sit in any seat, but now you've to sit in the seat on your ticket. But if someone is already in it, you'll need to find another seat.' The word debacle doesn't even begin to describe it. If you have 900 odd seats set aside for away fans, it doesn't matter how early people come in, someone is going to be the 899th person through the gate and won't have a cat in hell's chance of finding a seat. When stewards at the cinema and theatre (some with smaller capacities than Bayview, some with bigger) can direct people to the seat number on their ticket, I've no idea why it was beyond the wit and wisdom of those in charge today.

3 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

If they can't kick the crack I'd be surprised if they could kick a window.

There was the same bother the first time round as well. I have a lot of time for East Fife they're our cute wee neighbours and have a pretty good set up for a Jr team. If they can sort this stuff out they might be able to compete with the big boys....

Archived