SHITE OF LANARKSHIRE VS PRIDE OF LANARKSHIRE (SCOTTISH CUP)

Im_Rodger

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going into this game the team moral would have been low with all the Docherty rumours, so when that horrendous goal went in right from the off, that was it, it crushed any hope the players had, you could see on their faces. 

We need to now find a way to pick our heads and get going for the fixture congestion ahead.

Comfortable.

Carson made 2 decent saves first half but with Campbell and McHugh winning the midfield battle and Dunne and Hammell dominating at the back he was never troubled 2nd half.

Thought Main and Ciftci looked decent up top, Main lead the line well while Ciftci was clearly lacking in fitness but showed his class on the ball on numerous occasions- ripping the piss out the Accies boy first half before stopping and going back to beat him again was a particular highlight. Tanner continued his fine run of form again with another impressive performance.

Downside was obviously Aldred going off injured as he was looking like a pretty decent stand in for Hartley up until that point. Although I have to say I thought the much maligned Dunne was excellent in their 2nd half.

Not even sure Accies were that arsed 2nd half mind you and things kind of petered out into a routine win in the end, honestly expected a bit more of a fight from them.

Will take  the win and clean sheet though, same again Wednesday please. 

Pathetic. The three centre-backs were remarkably awful, Imrie and Lyon offered little going forward, Donati was abysmal and Ferguson offered little. MacKinnon did ok, and I felt sorry for Bingham and Templeton due to the fucking awful service up to them. 

McMann's own-goal was unbelievable and should've set the tone for the entire match. 'Well could have had another penalty as well as the one that was given, and also had two or three really good chances in the first half.

Still, at least it wasn't Annan. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Game was lost before a ball was kicked with all the Docherty shite and that ridiculous starting line up. Still, if you'd offered me a win in the league game or a win today I'd have taking the league win every single time.

Good luck in the next round Motherwell.

I'm thinking you might turn out to be right about McMann. 

The Accies fans that said we won’t miss Docherty have to have a fucking look at that game.
To be fair we missed Doc, Crawford and Skondras. A striker and left sided defender are a must in this transfer window.

That was awful, Motherwell being slightly less shite. We could keep playing for another week and still not score. Half arsed doesn't even cover it but leaving the ground it felt like it was the expected result, no one seemed that bothered. Motherwell were good for the win and at least looked up for it. Just another cup defeat for us, take it on the chin and move on.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
14 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:
The Accies fans that said we won’t miss Docherty have to have a fucking look at that game.

To be fair we missed Doc, Crawford and Skondras. A striker and left sided defender are a must in this transfer window.

What difference would a new striker have made today?

5 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I hope I never see Donati in an Accies shirt again. He needs to retire and McMann badly needs dropped but no one to replace him. emoji20.png

Donati was excellent in the last game against Motherwell. The problem is when he's on his game, he's the best player on the park; when he's not, he's a complete liability. 

Just now, FuzzyBear said:
23 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
What difference would a new striker have made today?

Did you see Bingham run the ball out the park about 4 times.

Doesn't help when all of the passes up to him ended up a foot from going out the park. 

Surprisingly comfortable & dominant performance today - although Accies were murder it has to be said. I was still in the East Stand queue when the OG went in - looking forward to seeing it. 

The first half was similar to the league game in that we were well on top and worthy of the lead but this time Accies didn't get the shot in the arm of a dodgy penalty to bring them back into it. 2nd half was a non-event - although we could/should have added another.

I was really impressed with Main today above the other new signings (although Ciftci showed enough) - he looks like he could be an upgrade on Bowman (where was he - heard rumours of a broken jaw??) on today's showing. Tanner was a cut above everyone else on the park and he's looking like he could be our main man for the rest of the season. Really good that Hammy came on, played well and got the chance to bring the curtain down on a higher note (assuming he's not back in on Wednesday).

If pushed, I would have taken the cup win over the league win given the stage of the season - and knocking Accies out is a nice morale boost. 

We lost that game today before it kicked off ... in the Boardroom with the conflicting  messages coming out and two players allegedly not wanting to be Cup tied-injuries my arse.

Motherwell signed three players who as expected were going to bust a gut today whereas it has only been bad news coming out of Accies during the break.Even the guy we signed was nowhere to be seen.

I felt sorry for Canning today as apart from Redmond-who should have started-there was nothing on the bench.Perhaps,Gillespie should have played as he can play against a physical team but even then it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Another in a long line of disgraceful Scottish Cup performances by Accies.Eighty Seven Years  it will be next year since we were last in a Semi-Final;it will be another 87 years the way the Club treat The Scottish Cup sadly.

Archived