New Year Honours

Highlights include, Sir Ringo Starr for services to music (he stopped). Sir Barry Gibb for staying alive, Dame Darcey Bussel for being the posh one on Strictly, Jilly Cooper for stringing a sentence together, Rick Stein for making the dinner. The usual lollipop men, councillors and charity tin rattlers will have got an I.O.U. or whatever it is they get.

Highlights include, Sir Ringo Starr for services to music (he stopped). Sir Barry Gibb for staying alive, Dame Darcey Bussel for being the posh one on Strictly, Jilly Cooper for stringing a sentence together, Rick Stein for making the dinner. The usual lollipop men, councillors and charity tin rattlers will have got an I.O.U. or whatever it is they get.

Rick Stein makes a good carbonara. Deserves his mention.

Do you have to be a posh unionist c**t to make it onto the Honours List?

42 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is there a pyramid system in play for this? it needs promotion and relegation.

43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Obviously. No sign of Carol Kirkwood (wid) on that list. She ticks the boxes too. Fucking shame for the lassie.

Maybe she'll get her chance when Charlie assumes the throne.  

My wife's aunt was awarded an MBE many years ago.

And my parents attended a Royal Garden Party  at Buckingham Palace to commemmorate the Queen's (and my parents) Golden Wedding.

Those are the only people I know who have had any connection with the honours system

Guest Moomintroll
Dave King get anything?
Deserves an MBE.
Spoiler Maximus Banterus Extrodinarius

Should be a shoo in for services to banter imo.

Archived