I Predict a riot... EEP 2/1/18

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Second goal is also poor from Mutch tbh. Should come out and claim it or at least the block it.

That flick from Cardle though :wub: If he meant that it's absolutely outrageous.

When Joe is on his game he can do that then some. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I thought it was a moment of real quality. We were sitting in line with it in the main stand and you could see from the reaction of him and his teammates around them how much it impressed them. Love it when Cardle is in that sort of mood. 

Me too and it looks like he is getting his early form back again too. 

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You sometimes wonder about professional footballers like some of our defenders.  Cardles a decent championship player but he's only got one foot.  Far too often we let him get on to his strong side. 

Even you know about Joes one footed play so, I'd argue that your lot simply weren't good enough to stop him 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, P475 said:

When Joe is on his game he can do that then some. 

Me too and it looks like he is getting his early form back again too. 

Even you know about Joes one footed play so, I'd argue that your lot simply weren't good enough to stop him 

We coped with him fine the last home game but a midfield of Welsh and Sibbald  like we had second half was always going to be struggling defensively. Terry Hurlocks they are not.  And you dont want him running rings round your centrebacks.

37 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

We've failed to score in exactly half our league games this season. You're setting the bar pretty low IMO.

Fair point but, many teams have managed to score against us this season... it's very pleasing that our new keeper stopped your lot from doing so. 

The way it falls to McManus is fortunate. But there’s no doubt he meant to flick it into the six yard box IMO.

By the same token, the Cardle shot that cannoned off the post was fortuitous to go straight to the keeper, rather than a few degrees different and it was Clark who would have buried it. On balance of probability you put enough flicks or shots into the zone and some will result in goals.

Unless you are Falkirk and Robinson is between the sticks of course.

Archived