I Predict a riot... EEP 2/1/18

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
Back to the football... I thought we started with great intensity yesterday and could have been 2/3 up in the first half hour. Last 15 minutes of the first half, Falkirk got more into it and Robinson made good saves from Muirhead and Longridge to keep it 1-0 at HT.

Second half, we came out the blocks flying again and got the goal that seemed to knock the stuffing out of Falkirk a bit. Time after time in that second half, we’d commit men forward, lose the ball and Falkirk would pass the ball sideways until our players got back into position. That was weird. Robinson also made some crucial saves in the second half. As has been pointed out, quality of goalkeeper was the biggest difference between the teams. Mutch will cost you a lot of points, if he continues to play like that.

Game was fairly even, on the balance of play, but I would say we edged it. I would argue though, that we did have better chances than Falkirk and should have made it 3 at the end.

For us, I thought Robinson, M’Voto, Paton and the front 3 were very good. The big difference was that we showed good team spirit and you could see that our players stuck together as a team, to do it for Dean Shiels.

For Falkirk, I thought McGhee was probably your best player. The young left back also looked alright and Sibbald at least showed some fight, even if he didn’t create much - a lot of that was probably due to lack of quality around him, to be fair.

Muirhead and Mutch were probably the biggest threats to your own goal. I’ve never seen a keeper give the ball to opponents in dangerous positions, so many times before - and that’s before you consider his abysmal attempt at stopping Clark’s very weak strike. I think it took about 70 minutes for Falkirk to stop playing the ball in the air towards M’Voto. I also thought you should have targeted M’Voto’s defensive partner, Ashcroft more often. He picked up a silly booking early on and was caught ball-watching for Longridge’s first half chance. Our defensive weak link was there for all to see.

There is no less individual quality in Falkirk’s squad, than the likes of Dumbarton, QotS, Inverness, Morton and ourselves. However, they do not look like a team. It will be interesting to see if Hartley can solve that. He seems very self-centred though, and I’m not convinced he’s the best manager, if you’re looking for team spirit. Then again, I thought we’d crumble with M’Voto and Robinson playing yesterday, so I’m probably wrong!

Robinson will cost you more points that gain you in time IMO.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Muirhead and Mutch were probably the biggest threats to your own goal.

Painfully true, not a chance of escaping the shit pool we are drowning in whilst we are throwing the ball in our own net.

A reliable keeper must surely be our absolute priority.

Guest Back Post Misses
I was looking forward to the game yesterday, admittedly because I knew it could get heated. But like you, I am now dreading April as it has become clear that there are going to be problems at this fixture for a while again.

The whole thing is just depressing me TBH.

By the time it gets to that stage we'll be able to swap him out for Murdoch hopefully.

He done really well yesterday, keep him motivated and focused and hopefully he'll be alright.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

By the time it gets to that stage we'll be able to swap him out for Murdoch hopefully.

He done really well yesterday, keep him motivated and focused and hopefully he'll be alright.

Based on his performance yesterday I would certainly take him for Falkirk.  Does seem to have been about a bit right enough.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Based on his performance yesterday I would certainly take him for Falkirk.  Does seem to have been about a bit right enough.

That is one player I hope I never have the fortune to see in a Falkirk jersey, the most antagonising, ballet prancing keeper every time I see him against us.

Robinson is a decent keeper, I've seen him perform far better than Murdoch.

His dick-ish acts can go against him and these tend to be fine if he is in your colours, tho even Queens fans got sick of them last season.

Superb balls out with his kicking also

Who was meant to be marking McManus for his goal? Truly awful defending where almost everything was wrong and far too easily bullied to allow him to poke out a toe and get it on target. Don't think Falkirk should be worried about relegation at all even though they were a bit all over the place on Tuesday. They might well catch Dumbarton but even if they don't they have enough about them to beat Ayr or the Wee Team in the play offs.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Second goal is also poor from Mutch tbh. Should come out and claim it or at least the block it.

That flick from Cardle though :wub: If he meant that it's absolutely outrageous.

I thought it was a moment of real quality. We were sitting in line with it in the main stand and you could see from the reaction of him and his teammates around them how much it impressed them. Love it when Cardle is in that sort of mood. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I also enjoyed moments before when he decided to skin pretty much the entire Falkirk team, twice, and left bodies all over the place in his wake

You sometimes wonder about professional footballers like some of our defenders.  Cardles a decent championship player but he's only got one foot.  Far too often we let him get on to his strong side. 

17 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Good enough to prevent falkirk from scoring is good enough for me. 

Lets revisit this at the end of the season to see how wrong you are.  

Archived