I Predict a riot... EEP 2/1/18

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Wait...so you’re saying if you had better players and we had worse players the result could’ve  been different?

Takes the shine off the three points knowing we've spent our way to victory in this fixture. Being the debt cheats we are has allowed us to afford players of the quality of M'Voto, that keeper Queens punter for being terrible, former Cowden star Nat Wedderburn and the like. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Takes the shine off the three points knowing we've spent our way to victory in this fixture. Being the debt cheats we are has allowed us to afford players of the quality of M'Voto, that keeper Queens punter for being terrible, former Cowden star Nat Wedderburn and the like. 

Nah you will need to do better than this.

Dunfermline are pretty shit it's just that we are equally shit and also have no goalkeeper worth the description.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The galling thing for us was that Dunfermline were almost as bad as us.  The main difference being the performance of the keepers with one keeping them in the game and the other throwing the game. With both teams missing their first choice keeper its obvious that Dunfermlines back up is far better than ours.

Tragically Mutch is now our first choice keeper.

Hello everyone. Long time reader first time poster.

I don't get to many games these days not living in Scotland and all, but having seen the last three thanks to a combination of Christmas and FalkirkTV (isn't technology great?) I think I'm now in a position to pass judgement on the performance. No complaints on the result, Falkirk were pish and Dunfermline were slightly better, not least in the goalkeeping department.

Sibbald stood out once again, and McGhee and Tumilty were the best of Falkirk's worst, although I actually thought Taiwo was doing ok until he was subbed. Certainly better than Welsh who should never have been given the 90 (although there was comedy value from the commentator getting his name wrong for the first 80 minutes to the point where I though his full name might actually be "Walsh beg your pardon Welsh"). Of the other new guys, Robson looked out of his depth, especially in the second half,  and Nelson started well enough before slipping into mediocrity, kind of like a shite Chris Martin.  Mutch reminds me of a young Myles Hogarth. No higher praise than that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJUc88Azfog

Thought M'Voto strolled it for Dunfermline and Cardle was pretty good too. 

As for the Dean Shiels nonsense, as most sensible folk are saying, it's pretty shameful stuff, but not exactly unexpected given the intelligence of some of our fanbase. The fact folk are justifying it as #bantz and by saying "well, the old firm sing sectarian songs and they don't get into trouble" (which is true but an entirely separate matter) shows how many of them are fresh from the playground. Expect a hefty fine will be incoming, which is all the more annoying given those funds could have been used to bring in a keeper, or better still, to release Harris.

The galling thing for us was that Dunfermline were almost as bad as us.  The main difference being the performance of the keepers with one keeping them in the game and the other throwing the game. With both teams missing their first choice keeper its obvious that Dunfermlines back up is far better than ours.

Better use of almost...

We almost managed to have precisely 14 points, twice, after that game. If it wasn’t for that odd extra point.

I've been told on very good authority that Higgy walked off the park in the manner he did due to being in pain. He has broken bones in his hand. 

No! I can't divulge where I got this information. 

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

"not much between the teams" "just need more signings"

Falkirk have fallen so spectacularly this season that their fans are satisfied with a 2-0 loss at East End Park.  

We're far from satisfied but watching the highlights there wasn't a lot in the game.  Apart from our keeper throwing a nicky clark pass back into the net the first half was pretty even.  Your second goal was pretty scrappy but scored at exactly the right time as we'd ended the first half on top.  After that we had loads of possession but didnt create anywhere near enough.  I actually thought you played  better against us at east end last season to be honest. Still a lot of work to do during this transfer window if we're to get out of the mess we're in though.

12 minutes ago, P475 said:

I've been told on very good authority that Higgy walked off the park in the manner he did due to being in pain. He has broken bones in his hand. 

I'm betting it's his wanking hand, the w****r.

I did notice that he seemed to have a black cast on his hand, when he came on yesterday. Thought it was odd.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're far from satisfied but watching the highlights there wasn't a lot in the game.  Apart from our keeper throwing a nicky clark pass back into the net the first half was pretty even.  Your second goal was pretty scrappy but scored at exactly the right time as we'd ended the first half on top.  After that we had loads of possession but didnt create anywhere near enough.  I actually thought you played  better against us at east end last season to be honest. Still a lot of work to do during this transfer window if we're to get out of the mess we're in though.

You realise that other than a scrappy victory against Brechin, that was our first win in months? We've been in shocking form and held on fairly comfortably.

I did a quick check and think you guys had eight changes from the 1-1 draw in November? That's an incredible turnaround of players in two months.

6 minutes ago, NotAFan said:
43 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:
Tragically Mutch is now our first choice keeper.

What's the story with Thomson? Thought he was a decent keeper.

Reasonable shot stopper but brutal with cross balls, whereas Mutch is reasonable with cross balls and a brutal shot stopper.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

You realise that other than a scrappy victory against Brechin, that was our first win in months? We've been in shocking form and held on fairly comfortably.

I did a quick check and think you guys had eight changes from the 1-1 draw in November? That's an incredible turnaround of players in two months.

I do realise that and thats why yesterday still was nowhere near good enough. You guys have been struggling for a while and yet yesterday we gifted you a win without you having to do much to get it which is the worst outcome when its a derby match like ours.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As I've said two pretty shite teams.

Doubt if the turnaround in players is anywhere near finished yet.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I do realise that and thats why yesterday still was nowhere near good enough. You guys have been struggling for a while and yet yesterday we gifted you a win without you having to do much to get it which is the worst outcome when its a derby match like ours.

None the less, the better team won on the day. 

Archived