Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

Must admit I hate playing Morton, especially at Cappelow.  We rarely get an easy time of it, more often than not it's such a difficult game for us, we were hanging on in near the end, thought it was only a matter of time before they got a winner, then we nearly stole it right at the death. We have done well recently to close out games but this was one game too far, Morton looked far more fresh and we were looking a really leggy, especially the last 15.

Not the worst point we'll earn this season.

Tell you what though, Stelious was brave eating that bounty after it came from the cowshed. f**k knows what was done to it pre throw. A bounty ffs :green.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were you standing in the St Mirren end when he did it? I think not... it most definitely was a throat cutting gesture.

Were you? I'd suggest you were at home with a cup of tea and a blanket on your legs.

Were you standing in the St Mirren end when he did it? I think not... it most definitely was a throat cutting gesture.

You seem quite shaken by the incident. Are you going to recover?

Morgan enjoyed his GIRFUY and rightly so. O’Ware enjoyed his GIRFUY and rightly so. I’d be raging at either if they toned it down, it’s a fucking derby game. Bunch of melts.

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Must admit I hate playing Morton, especially at Cappelow.  We rarely get an easy time of it, more often than not it's such a difficult game for us, we were hanging on in near the end, thought it was only a matter of time before they got a winner, then we nearly stole it right at the death. We have done well recently to close out games but this was one game too far, Morton looked far more fresh and we were looking a really leggy, especially the last 15.

Not the worst point we'll earn this season.

Tell you what though, Stelious was brave eating that bounty after it came from the cowshed. f**k knows what was done to it pre throw. A bounty ffs :green.

To be fair. If I was going to launch leftovers from my selection box a bounty would be my first choice.

2 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

You seem quite shaken by the incident. Are you going to recover?

Morgan enjoyed his GIRFUY and rightly so. O’Ware enjoyed his GIRFUY and rightly so. I’d be raging at either if they toned it down, it’s a fucking derby game. Bunch of melts.

Morgan sliding on his knees in front of your fans is slightly different from a throat cutting gesture.... is this a wee 16 year old gang member we're talking about? No a "professional" footballer.

23 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I've seen us take more fans to Love Street than you've ever brought to Greenock in the past 25 years. 3000+ on a few occasions since the 90s and I've never seen you lot bring that many to Cappielow. Your support (1700) was actually poor yesterday considering your average home crowd and league position.

That's because Cappielow is a fucking shit hole. The idea of going through there to watch a game that's on TV is laughable and it's amazing so many Saints fans turned up. It's not some romantic old ground, it's a crumbling dump with crap facilities, a shit view, no cover and no atmosphere. It's the worst ground in the league, so shit even Morton fans don't go to it anymore. 

It used to be good in the 90's, when the fans were together in the cowshed. Those days are long past now.

Morton football clubs stadium and facilities are absolutely shocking.  I mean your stadium has not changed and the lack of a cover at the away end is ridiculous. You also say you.have a good support but struggle to get 2000 at a home game.  We may have a modern shoe box and excellent hospitality facilities and our very own training ground but hey I wish we had a stadium like yours? Cmon lads get real. Any player looking at that Park wouldn't want to sign if they had an offer from saints. We know what we are we are a well run club that has a history of winning the occasional cup and being predominantly a premier league team. You are a small town team who will be happy playing away in the championship.  

Morton football clubs stadium and facilities are absolutely shocking.  I mean your stadium has not changed and the lack of a cover at the away end is ridiculous. You also say you.have a good support but struggle to get 2000 at a home game.  We may have a modern shoe box and excellent hospitality facilities and our very own training ground but hey I wish we had a stadium like yours? Cmon lads get real. Any player looking at that Park wouldn't want to sign if they had an offer from saints. We know what we are we are a well run club that has a history of winning the occasional cup and being predominantly a premier league team. You are a small town team who will be happy playing away in the championship.  
State of this

53 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

1) Gaston had bugger all to do other than the goal.

2) Yeah. The crowd was 50/50 but is that a surprise? Our support is mired in apathy and that won't change til the Raes leave.

3) I'd still take Cappielow any day of the week over your shoebox and I'd suggest the majority of neutral fans in this division would say the same.

The majority of neutral fans prefer Cappielow over St mirren park :lol::lol::lol:

If i was a Morton fan even i wouldn't defend Cappielow it is the biggest dump i've been to.  I can't believe how little it's changed in the last 30/40 years. In that time we built 2 stands at love St, seated the North Bank, sold our ground and built a new one. 

Archived