Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I like an over-the-top celebration, but I think a mimed throat slit is a bit too far. 

Thing is, I genuinely hope he doesn't get in trouble for it (same with Quitongo) because you're only playing our rivals now, until the next derby, at least.

Your fellow Skunks don't seem to share your sentiments - happily tweeting it to @SPFL today.

1.thumb.JPG.ccd9c3a1d9f9ee03c0b53558f5a937ac.JPG2.thumb.JPG.21b5a5ef38eeb55ce050ffd0bbd3a6e9.JPGJS94432306.jpg.b4951e1ace74e2ff8c35f29f38b034c7.jpg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Is it just me that doesn't see a throat cutting gesture there?

It's clearly not a serious gesture but a wrestling fan buzzing for the Undertaker returning at the upcoming RAW anniversary show.

1.thumb.JPG.80d890bd4820acadbbaa754797c8c5f6.JPG

We should of been out of sight at half time but a point was a fair result in the end, McGinn ran the game in the 1st half then Morton came out and pressed well the 2nd half, they could of won it in the end.

A complete shit heap of a stadium and more away fans than home fans is an absolute minter.

The title charge continues.

11 minutes ago, McG said:

We should of been out of sight at half time but a point was a fair result in the end, McGinn ran the game in the 1st half then Morton came out and pressed well the 2nd half, they could of won it in the end.

A complete shit heap of a stadium and more away fans than home fans is an absolute minter.

Was there more St.mirren fans than morton fans at the game yesterday? 

1) Gaston had bugger all to do other than the goal.

2) Yeah. The crowd was 50/50 but is that a surprise? Our support is mired in apathy and that won't change til the Raes leave.

3) I'd still take Cappielow any day of the week over your shoebox and I'd suggest the majority of neutral fans in this division would say the same.

There weren’t more away fans than home fans.

3 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

1) Gaston had bugger all to do other than the goal.

2) Yeah. The crowd was 50/50 but is that a surprise? Our support is mired in apathy and that won't change til the Raes leave.

3) I'd still take Cappielow any day of the week over your shoebox and I'd suggest the majority of neutral fans in this division would say the same.

Gaston saved Reilly's one on one. It was a poor effort from Reilly as it was a fairly routine save. There was also the one in the first half where Mullen turned and shot and I think it either hit the keepers foot or the post. I couldn't see because of the pillar blocking my view.

On your third point, it's easy for you to say that, Morton fans can go into the Cowshed, which is undercover and gives a decent view of the game. Away fans have the choice of behind the goals, which on a day like yesterday is a nightmare, or an uncomfortable, restricted view seat, with a fair hike to the toilets/pie stall where you would also get wet if it was raining.

You can romanticise Cappielow if you like (I've had some great trips down there) and I'm not having a go at Morton but as far as facilities go it's without doubt the worst ground in the top two divisions for away fans. I assume there are worse grounds down the leagues but from the ones I've been to in League 1 and 2 Cappielow would still be up there among the worst facilities for away fans.

1 hour ago, McG said:

You are correct mate it looked as if we had more fans than the manky mob had in their own shit tip of a ground.

Minter.

Gaston didn't do all that much tbh. The saves he made, you'd expect any keeper to make. And I didn't think that we were in danger of losing that many goals in the first 30 minutes, despite the way St. Mirren were playing. Was reminiscent of the opening at St. Mirren Park as well last time we played. So saying you should have been out of sight is only partly true, but only because for the way you dominated, you really should have had a bit more bite about you.

The same can definitely be said for us from that point onwards as well. We didn't threaten nearly enough with the amount of the ball we had, which is fairly typical of us tbh, and a wonderful delivery from Tiffoney was the difference in the second half. The best chance to win came from you lot in injury time as well. That was a heart in the mouth moment.

You are correct mate it looked as if we had more fans than the manky mob had in their own shit tip of a ground.

Minter.

I've seen us take more fans to Love Street than you've ever brought to Greenock in the past 25 years. 3000+ on a few occasions since the 90s and I've never seen you lot bring that many to Cappielow. Your support (1700) was actually poor yesterday considering your average home crowd and league position.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Gaston didn't do all that much tbh. The saves he made, you'd expect any keeper to make. And I didn't think that we were in danger of losing that many goals in the first 30 minutes, despite the way St. Mirren were playing. Was reminiscent of the opening at St. Mirren Park as well last time we played. So saying you should have been out of sight is only partly true, but only because for the way you dominated, you really should have had a bit more bite about you.

The same can definitely be said for us from that point onwards as well. We didn't threaten nearly enough with the amount of the ball we had, which is fairly typical of us tbh, and a wonderful delivery from Tiffoney was the difference in the second half. The best chance to win came from you lot in injury time as well. That was a heart in the mouth moment.

Totally agree. I thought Morton defended really well in the first half. We ended up playing sideways passes 20 yards from goal, before getting frustrated and someone hitting one over the bar.

Archived