Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

c51a641acaff863e0b90eee0a2655d89.jpg

This is probably the thickest thing I’ve ever read. Fans allowed to have a laugh but player should be punished for giving it back in the only way they can.

People in glass houses springs to mind. Tam O’Ware was fair enough in his celebration. No booking needed. Was nice of him to kiss the badge in between tweeting his love for Celtic, mind you.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

c51a641acaff863e0b90eee0a2655d89.jpg

This is probably the thickest thing I’ve ever read. Fans allowed to have a laugh but player should be punished for giving it back in the only way they can.

People in glass houses springs to mind. Tam O’Ware was fair enough in his celebration. No booking needed. Was nice of him to kiss the badge in between tweeting his love for Celtic, mind you.

Oh the irony. 

He's right about the Morgan celebration though. Bunch of permaseeting mutants slagging him for the entire time before his goal, and then getting angry that he gave something back.

buddie getting in his wee passive aggressive shot at the badge kissing IS pretty funny though. Clearly wasn't bothered.

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Thought we were in total control from about the half an hour mark. St Mirren just managing to shitefest their way to a draw.

We came flying out the traps and there was no way we could sustain that pace. It's always a gamble - if you don't capitalise when you're on top, then you're left knackered and struggling. Edit to add: you're right, there was only going to be one winner by the end on the balance of play.

Quitongo one is there as well

Clearly unintentional. McGinn wraps his arms round the boy's neck and seems surprised when a flailing arm catches him.

Behave. He meant that all day long. McGinn should have been cautioned (his second yellow) for pulling him back the way he did, but Jai has elbowed him. Close your eyes and imagine Jim Goodwin doing it (not hard to imagine, granted) - you'd have been screaming for a red.

Clearly unintentional. McGinn wraps his arms round the boy's neck and seems surprised when a flailing arm catches him.

That is a shocking tackle.

Morgan helps Oliver by not making a meal of it.

I'm glad our players don't over-react to get other players in to trouble (McGinn did likewise - could you imagine if that had been the other way around) but you've got to hope refs make decisions based on the challenge rather than the reaction.

Sadly, doesn't always happen.

11 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

He's right about the Morgan celebration though. Bunch of permaseeting mutants slagging him for the entire time before his goal, and then getting angry that he gave something back.

buddie getting in his wee passive aggressive shot at the badge kissing IS pretty funny though. Clearly wasn't bothered.

Did I hear them singing that his sister was a slag (or something along those lines)?

Pretty bad, but not unheard of. ***

However the 'We know where you live' I think took things to a different level given Morgan will know there will undoubtedly have been a few angry zoomers singing that who could indeed find out where he lived.

Personally I don't like players celebrating in front of opposing fans, but can understand why Morgan did it yesterday.

*** I remember songs sung about Frank McGarvey's wife (including us) which were pretty unpleasant, but then again things have moved on a bit since the 80s!

40 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Over the 2 games at cappielow it's been evident why Morgan is getting a lot of attention. Not sure if he's good enough to make it at celtic though. 

Really??

Apart from his goal yest, he done feck all and Doyle had him firmly in his back pocket.

He also was anonymous in the first game, remember discussing how quiet he was at the time with a St Mirren mate of mines!

Not doubting the boy has talent btw, but has never really produced it against us.

2 minutes ago, madton said:

Not doubting the boy has talent btw, but has never really produced it against us.

Could say the same for our entire team this season, tbf. We're top of the league (not sure if that's been mentioned?) but really haven't looked like beating you at all. Happy to chalk it up to 'derby form', and if we get promoted, I won't give a shit, but I don't like not winning the head-to-head. :lol:

I was the other way about. "We know where you stay" I think you're thinking too much into. Whereas "yer sister's a slag" is a personal attack on his family. I know which one I find to be considerably worse.

vzi7e7yb0xpt2f260m5t.jpg

I think someone said there was a 'I hope you die in your sleep' chant at one point which I've always found goes a little beyond the pail. I don't really have too much of a problem with the ones you're quoting though. Nothing too out of the ordinary in football terms

People are very precious at football at times. The chants were edgy the celebrations from both teams were of the GIRUY variety but it's a derby. Good.

15 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I was the other way about. "We know where you stay" I think you're thinking too much into. Whereas "yer sister's a slag" is a personal attack on his family. I know which one I find to be considerably worse.

Ah okay, the way I read that it was to try to make him worried for his personal safety when leaving the house.

Thought McGinn got away with the penalty at the end, and the tackle on Morgan was a stonewall red card. Haven't seen the other incidents back yet.

Pretty scrappy game all round, although both teams produced good spells of attacking play. 

20 games gone, 16 to go and given us and United have broken away a bit it's all about ticking the games off now. 10 points from 12 over the festive period which included Dunfermline, Queens, United and Morton is absolutely fine. 

Need to add some depth though, the bench always looks pretty light. Midfield is a priority. 

On the topic of provocative celebrations...

26171244_1574046196019935_424048090723010041_o.thumb.jpg.17555a122d583d986df43c8e8c00059a.jpg

Tam O'Ware hates St Mirren.

As for the badge kissing, personal affinities aside, you can see the passion Tam has for Morton and considering he came through the youth setup I'm inclined to believe he does in fact love the Ton.

48 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

vzi7e7yb0xpt2f260m5t.jpg

I think someone said there was a 'I hope you die in your sleep' chant at one point which I've always found goes a little beyond the pail. I don't really have too much of a problem with the ones you're quoting though. Nothing too out of the ordinary in football terms

Never understood that chant. Personally think that's the best way to go.

Very kind of us to wish him a peaceful death when it comes IMO.

Caring bunch so we are!

57 minutes ago, madton said:

Really??

Apart from his goal yest, he done feck all and Doyle had him firmly in his back pocket.

He also was anonymous in the first game, remember discussing how quiet he was at the time with a St Mirren mate of mines!

Yeah. I thought he looked dangerous every time he was on the ball and was constantly attacking our defence. Doyle did play well against him last night though. 

3 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Why does everyone in the media keep telling us Scottish football is in 'dire straits'?

I like an over-the-top celebration, but I think a mimed throat slit is a bit too far. 

Thing is, I genuinely hope he doesn't get in trouble for it (same with Quitongo) because you're only playing our rivals now, until the next derby, at least.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I like an over-the-top celebration, but I think a mimed throat slit is a bit too far. 

The throat slit used to be part of the Haka before complaints from just about every other nation saw that part of the ceremony banned.

Glad to see big Tam fighting for the integrity of Maori tradition, a clear stand against the oppression of an indigenous culture.

:P

Archived