Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statin the bleedin' obvious it was a game of two halves with an inconsistent ref.

Happy with first half, good follow up work by LM to score. Re the Thomson penalty claim, he made a meal of minimal contact - no pen & the ref was probably right, for once, to book him.

Second half we tired (having played a hard game on Friday night) and Morton looked stronger especially after Harkins was subbed. Poor defending at the corner when we lost the goal but how many goals come into the defence couldn't have done any better category - not many. Stonewall pen for Morton on 90 mins when McGinn pushed their player over as he was running away from goal but still inside the box.

Satisfied with a draw in the end especially as it was probably a steal given the second penalty decision. :P

So bitter. GIRUY. 

Eh, bitter about what exactly? You know you never won yeah?

Congratulations on holding us to a point in your own midden, must mean a lot.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Eh, bitter about what exactly? You know you never won yeah?

Congratulations on holding us to a point in your own midden, must mean a lot.

Looked like they won a cup final that in its self tells its own story which is hilariously amusing.  

We should have won that in the end but considering how poor we were in the first half I'm not too bothered about drawing.

I've not seen any of the potential red card incidents back yet but don't need a replay to know Oliver should definitely have been sent off, from my position in the ground Harkins' booking didn't even look like a foul but judging by the reaction of neutrals on here I assume it was a bad one. Caught a replay of Thomson's booking for diving when I got into the Norseman, that was a clear foul. The handball shout was never a penalty.

Not anything said about st mirrens time wasting from the start off the second half, seemed there game plan was to slow the game down. Oliver’s should have been a straight red, harkins is barely a foul never mind a booking. Stonewall pen at the end with mchugh and mcginn never got booked for the amount of fouls he gave away. The ref had a shocker today.

Fair result. We were a bit off the pace in the 2nd half, poor defending for their goal.  Dundee Utd have two hard away games coming up and i can see us cancelling out those 2 dropped points in the next few games.

Maybe I missed it as the game was a bit frantic at times, but can someone point me in the direction of where Oliver and Quitongo should have been sent off. Not debating it, I genuinely cannot remember!

As already been said, game of two halves with us being on top for the first half & Morton dominating the second half.

Thought a draw was a fair result in the end but disappointed we didn’t finish them off in the first half. We looked pretty shattered last 15 mins & were holding on a bit. Cammy Smith was our stand out player.

Glorious celebration from Morgan...are all those sitting in the cowshed related to finch road? Angry bunch.

Tough game again on Saturday, 3 points will do nicely.

Oliver was the best player on the park second half, IMO. Watched the second half back when I got in, definite foul on McHugh I think it was near the end just on the edge of the box. Thomson's "dive" could've easily been another pen. Tiffoney changed the game when he came on, his corner in for the goal was sublime, something we lack this season. Morgan was pretty pish, his goal aside done absolutely heehaw, Doyle dealt with him pretty well. 

Thought we were in total control from about the half an hour mark. St Mirren just managing to shitefest their way to a draw.

I thought Doyle strolled the game and Morgan's only contribution came from O'Ware completely going to sleep for the goal.

McGinn was a class above as usual. I don't know how Duffy expects us to compete with 2 playmakers with no pace in the middle. We look much better with Murdoch in there and Tiffoney out wide.

7 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

As already been said, game of two halves with us being on top for the first half & Morton dominating the second half.

Thought a draw was a fair result in the end but disappointed we didn’t finish them off in the first half. We looked pretty shattered last 15 mins & were holding on a bit. Cammy Smith was our stand out player.

Glorious celebration from Morgan...are all those sitting in the cowshed related to finch road? Angry bunch.

Tough game again on Saturday, 3 points will do nicely.

For me McGinn was our man of the match. 

I'm actually glad our players toughened up in the 2nd half. I said on here at half time we were getting bossed because we were too soft all over the park. 

The turning point was a really bad tackle on Tiffoney and Doyle went mental and got in McShane's face about it. Really steeled the team and there was only one team that looked like winning after that. Pleasing response and great celebration from the boys to give it right back to the skunks.

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

For me McGinn was our man of the match. 

McGinn strolled the first half. Was definitely the best player on the pitch. Got lucky near the end though with the penalty shout.

Good game of football that. St.mirren bossed it first but didn't have many clear cut challenges. We came into the game as the second half went on.

Thought oware and Lamie were excellent defensively and I enjoyed jai's battle with Davis and Baird. Mchugh penalty claim was a stonewaller imo and Oliver was lucky to stay on the park.

Over the 2 games at cappielow it's been evident why Morgan is getting a lot of attention. Not sure if he's good enough to make it at celtic though. 

The referee was fucking awful.

Archived