Jaggies v Staggies

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the minute it's not enough for big decisions going against us, so we handicap ourselves by giving goals away. Fox at fault against Saints, Davies today.

Pass me the bottle, I think I'll need it.

Andrew Davies really seems to love the Jags. A really meh game before he decided to gift us another goal at Firhill.

After that County huffed and puffed without ever really doing anything, before we hit them on the counter to put things out of sight. The second was the best goal I can remember us score in ages; an excellent through ball by McCarthy to play in Sammon, who cut inside and stuck it right in the corner.

Thoroughly pleasing.

There is no doubt that we have been poor, but County are the worst team I have seen this season. Thought they were dreadful. But let's not take anything away from a fighting performance from us. Not sure how Doolan got the MOTM as the game changed the minute Sammon replaced Storey. The Fish was great. Won nearly everything in the air and ran his backside off and capped the performance with a most wonderful goal. The three at the back were great and the difference in the defence with Barts at centre half is like night and day. Nice to be off the bottom but still a long way to go after the break! Just going on that performance, Uncle Roy will have to really splash the cash to save them this season.....and I have no doubt he will be splashing it.

Andrew Davies enjoys Netflix, walks by the beach in moonlight, falling over a lot, slack passbacks, getting caught in possesion to nearly gift away a goal and shanking own goals in against us. What a guy.

Thought Lawless had a good game, was afraid he might get roasted by Naismith but stood up well. Barton MOTM for me, mopped up danger very nicely highlighted by one moment in particular where he recognised Keown was struggling a bit after a poor header to come across and head it into touch near the halfway line.

Sammon offers a lot more than Storey, think if we're going two up top it should be Doolan and Sammon starting. Great wee one-two between him and McCarthy for the second.

Hope we've fucking ruined Hogmanay for Scott Fox.

edit: it'll be a minor miracle if we ever get Woods to play a full 90 mins for us. Bit of a shame as he's looked competent enough.

Archived